Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Petersen echoed pup's concerns...

2»

Comments

• RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

That was almost a WTF for thinking Bynum is better than Cook.

Uhh, neither has done anything of note. They are the same until proven otherwise.
    Cook was better in high school. He's also seen the field in college. For now, my opinion is that Cook is better. But if you want to wait 10 years to call it, that's up you Captain Hindsight. Way to put your nuts on the table.
    I don't give a shit which mediocre WR is better.
  • SquirtSquirt Member Posts: 485
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment Name Dropper

Cook was better in high school. He's also seen the field in college. For now, my opinion is that Cook is better. But if you want to wait 10 years to call it, that's up you Captain Hindsight. Way to put your nuts on the table.

This.

Coaches must evaluate players' potential based on their performances in high school, summer camps, and college practices. It's obvious and pointless to observe that players haven't accomplished anything on the field until they have. In the meanwhile, coaches and fans can and should evaluate young players' potential relative to one another.
  • HillsboroDuckHillsboroDuck Member Posts: 9,186
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    edited September 2018

That was almost a WTF for thinking Bynum is better than Cook.

Uhh, neither has done anything of note. They are the same until proven otherwise.
    Where you getting that Cook was better in HS? I loved Bynum's tape, Cooks senior tape was meh. Bynum was also considerably more highly ranked than Cook. Bynum's offer sheet was also far longer and more impressive, and they committed around the same time so it wasn't like one guy just shut it down while the other solicited more offers.

We have enough evidence to conclude that WRs breakout in their third year in Pete's system (true for Ross, Pettis, and Fuller).

Dismissing Cook and Bynum as mediocre seems premature.
    Squirt said:

We have enough evidence to conclude that WRs breakout in their third year in Pete's system (true for Ross, Pettis, and Fuller).

Ross only had like a half year at WR and one year out with chinjury in Pete's system before he broke out though. I'm not sure banking on third year breakouts is always going to play out.

TMJF is breaking out in year two. Baccellia still sucks in year three.

I agree on the last line that I'd wait until next year to write them off. I'm not sure there's really a "third year breakout" trend though, it's basically Pettis and Fuller, and Pettis looked good in year one and bad in year two. Fuller's the only one who was truly anonymous before year three and then emerged at that point.

Squirt said:

Ross only had like a half year at WR and one year out with chinjury in Pete's system before he broke out though. I'm not sure banking on third year breakouts is always going to play out.

I agree on the last line that I'd wait until next year to write them off. I'm not sure there's really a "third year breakout" trend though, it's basically Pettis and Fuller, and Pettis looked good in year one and bad in year two. Fuller's the only one who was truly anonymous before year three and then emerged at that point.
    Sure sure, bring up Ty Jones excelling this year. Sure sure, the careers of Brayden Dickey, Isaiah Renfro-Woods, Andre Baccellia, Quinten Pounds, and Jordan Chin are also data points that don't fit my narrative. I don't appreciate your fair minded critiques of my assertions.
    Swaye's Wigwam

Squirt said:

Im as shocked as anyone, but Baccalia isnt bad.

Squirt said:

Im as shocked as anyone, but Baccalia isnt bad.
    Could be true.

I'll never forgive him for the pick at Auburn.
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Squirt said:

I'm not writing them off. They are two non factors this year and that's not changing.