Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Streaming, SlingTv, Recording, and other ass play

Comments

• Options
    MeekMeek Member Posts: 7,031
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

Bump, @Gladstone I'm thinking about a TV tuner and DVR setup connected to the Xbox since PAC12 Sling is dumb and won't let me record properly. Thots?

besides the obligatory "any games on the Pac12 Network are shit games that really shouldn't be the driver of any decisions you make about regular tv", what is your issue with Sling?
  • Options
    DawgWagonDanDawgWagonDan Member Posts: 789
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    i run sling..

my sign in is: puppylovegoldenlocks69@hotmail.com
    password: pumpyalwaysright69

Knock yourself out gang!
  • Options
    GladstoneGladstone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 16,417
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

Bump, @Gladstone I'm thinking about a TV tuner and DVR setup connected to the Xbox since PAC12 Sling is dumb and won't let me record properly. Thots?

Yeah. With Reddit streams down I'll make a separate thread about this.
  • Options
    UWhuskytskeetUWhuskytskeet Member Posts: 7,108
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer

Fuck - people and their fucking TV. Just get Dish, pay $200 a month and you can watch anything, anywhere, anytime. All these fucking setups with different devices, apps, logins, fees. JFC.

I’m still old.
    FTFY

• Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,870
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    You're an idiot if you’re paying $200 for tv in this day and age. Sorry but lighting money on fire isn’t my idea of a good time.

Saving $75 a month equates to 27k between now and when I retire...

Fubo TV is a new option but we’ve stuck with being slingers. I priced it out and it’d be a $5 difference and it wouldn’t include the add-one the kids and TOF want. Because why do house work when you can watch my 1000 lb fat ass life.

Fubo started as a soccer and sports channel and grew to a full on subscriber option.

https://www.fubo.tv/welcome

They make some dvr claims. Check it out.
  • Options
    MisterEmMisterEm Member Posts: 6,685

You're an idiot if you’re paying $200 for tv in this day and age. Sorry but lighting money on fire isn’t my idea of a good time.

Fubo TV is a new option but we’ve stuck with being slingers. I priced it out and it’d be a $5 difference and it wouldn’t include the add-one the kids and TOF want. Because why do house work when you can watch my 1000 lb fat ass life.

Fubo started as a soccer and sports channel and grew to a full on subscriber option.

The older I get the more I value my time over money.

Streaming or DLNA style options work fine for weekly HBO shows, movies, software, and the P12net.

The live sports shit with streaming is a joke comparing service to service.

Less time fucking with streams, channels, blackouts, more time watching CFB, and only the ones I want.....oh and the Twitter delay is atrocious.

• Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Fuck - people and their fucking TV. Just get Dish, pay $200 a month and you can watch anything, anywhere, anytime. All these fucking setups with different devices, apps, logins, fees. JFC.

I’m still old.
    FTFY

And rich
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

It’s actually more like $150. Pocket change. Well worth it to be able to press a button and have it without fucking around will all that bullshit. Everything I want. Focus on earning, not jumping though hoops to save $50. You lost me at soccer
    Pours gonna pour. We can’t all be big dick swinging rich whities.

I earn so I can save, not spend... kinda. Just my personal brand pour take on things.
  • Options
    UWhuskytskeetUWhuskytskeet Member Posts: 7,108
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer
    MisterEm said:

Streaming or DLNA style options work fine for weekly HBO shows, movies, software, and the P12net.

Less time fucking with streams, channels, blackouts, more time watching CFB, and only the ones I want.....oh and the Twitter delay is atrocious.

YouTubeTV beats cable/satellite any day. The delay sucks but the picture quality, unlimited DVR, and cost makes it worth it.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    MisterEm said:

Generational differences play in here I think. That and money.

We get everything we want though and not the extra shit we’d never watch.

Plus there is so much free content out there it’s fucking ridiculous.
  • Options
    MeekMeek Member Posts: 7,031
    i have Directv premiere package, roku ultra, sling tv orange with sports add-on, netflix, and amazon prime...probably some other shit i just don't keep track of. i'm dropping hundreds of dollars a month on "tv" and still i am not poor. imagine that.
  • Options
    GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,147
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Streaming on r/cfbstreams is definitely a good option for the two shit games we get on P12 network every year, but it completely ruins our cherished game threads. Being 40 seconds behind and having a @Mad_Son tirade spoil the next play for you is not ideal. This year I'll be ditching xfinity and going with sling.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Meek said:

i have Directv premiere package, roku ultra, sling tv orange with sports add-on, netflix, and amazon prime...probably some other shit i just don't keep track of. i'm dropping hundreds of dollars a month on "tv" and still i am not poor. imagine that.

I sucked some guys dick for my wam badge so there’s that.
  • Options
    UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,209
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Yeah my biggest complaint with sling is the retarded DVR nonsense and no broadcast TV. Getting a tuner and a DVR would fix that.

Only trouble with YouTube TV has been the pac12 network but Gladdy's offer has me chewing on switching.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

Yeah my biggest complaint with sling is the retarded DVR nonsense and no broadcast TV. Getting a tuner and a DVR would fix that.

Only trouble with YouTube TV has been the pac12 network but Gladdy's offer has me chewing on switching.

https://support.fubo.tv/hc/en-us/articles/115005151127-What-local-CBS-FOX-NBC-and-CW-stations-does-fuboTV-carry-

We use our Xfinity login for the abc, cbs, Fox app. Some how the never properly shut shit down when we cut the cord to only their internet so when we login with our carrier info it still works.
  • Options
    UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,209
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

https://support.fubo.tv/hc/en-us/articles/115005151127-What-local-CBS-FOX-NBC-and-CW-stations-does-fuboTV-carry-

We use our Xfinity login for the abc, cbs, Fox app. Some how the never properly shut shit down when we cut the cord to only their internet so when we login with our carrier info it still works.
    Some of the local broadcast apps are figuring it out and will allow you over the top access if you give your location but it's still only a few and not all of them.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

Some of the local broadcast apps are figuring it out and will allow you over the top access if you give your location but it's still only a few and not all of them.
    My stations app is free but the only time it’s live is during content we produce. News, specials, taggart show. Shit pretty much.