Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Some of the highest praise I can give Petersen

GladstoneGladstone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 16,417
First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
Founders Club
Is that he has accomplished a heck of a lot here despite having a bogey, at best, at quarterback. How many other programs in this century can say that? Besides Alabama.

Comments

• TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    Gladstone said:

Is that he has accomplished a heck of a lot here despite having a bogey, at best, at quarterback. How many other programs in this century can say that? Besides Alabama.

You don't get credit for having a shitty quarterback when you keep using said shitty quarterback.
  • GladstoneGladstone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 16,417
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

Pete recruited Browning and crowned his ass.

I hate that Browning is Pete's golden boy. He never gets yanked for a series or two to sit on the bench & gain some perspective.

Quite honestly, I'm frustrated with the shitshow that has been Petersen's offense. This shit should have been fixed by now.

And the fact that the star running back had to tell the senior QB to take a sack on 3rd down and not throw stupid interceptions speaks volumes. Nice QB coaching by the staff...

Good post and this is the counter-argument, although it really only applies to this year. Maybe parts of last year. Certainly not 2015 or 2016.
  • PurpleBazePurpleBaze Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,483
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    Gladstone said:

Pete recruited Browning and crowned his ass.

I hate that Browning is Pete's golden boy. He never gets yanked for a series or two to sit on the bench & gain some perspective.

Quite honestly, I'm frustrated with the shitshow that has been Petersen's offense. This shit should have been fixed by now.

And the fact that the star running back had to tell the senior QB to take a sack on 3rd down and not throw stupid interceptions speaks volumes. Nice QB coaching by the staff...

Good post and this is the counter-argument, although it really only applies to this year. Maybe parts of last year. Certainly not 2015 or 2016.
    Disagree about 2016... USC game should have been a W. The Bama game should have been more competitive.
  • PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,467
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    PurpleJ said:

1 Pac-12 title. No bowl wins. No big OOC wins.

WOOF!

We beat Colorado!
  • LoneStarDawgLoneStarDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 13,099
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    PurpleJ said:

1 Pac-12 title. No bowl wins. No big OOC wins.

WOOF!

We beat Mississippi state in the cotton bowl

• animateanimate Member Posts: 4,230
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Peterman has been the best thing to happen to Washington in a long time.

Finally an adult in charge.

But he's got his warts, what can you expect.

Let's see how much of his warts can be covered up in 3-4 years once brownsocks is out of the system and the 2018/19 class starts maturing. Yes, i am the voice of reason on HH. Doooooooog.
    animate said:

Let's see how much of his warts can be covered up in 3-4 years once brownsocks is out of the system and the 2018/19 class starts maturing. Yes, i am the voice of reason on HH. Doooooooog.

Peterman just needs more tim to replace the Peterman recruits with Peterman recruits.
    edited September 2018
    Yeah, but honestly Petermans version 2.0 recruits are far better than his 1.0 croots.

And he wont have to settle for less just because a player is more fundamentally sound and responsible but gives up 2-3 inches and 25-35lbs in a critical position.

Like fucking bbk.

Or Myles Bryant. A highly competent midget when placed in the right scenario, which doesn't happen when you play alabama. Or when you have to defend arcega-whiteside that has time to receive the ball because our line and bucks aren't good enough to put the fear of Allah into their quarterback.

The domino effect will be real. With monsters on the line the likes of heimuli can play fast anf furious downhill. Its gonna be fucking awesome.
  • PurpleBazePurpleBaze Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,483
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    edited September 2018
    animate said:

Yeah, but honestly Petermans version 2.0 recruits are far better than his 1.0 croots.

And he wont have to settle for less just because a player is more fundamentally sound and responsible but gives up 2-3 inches and 25-35lbs in a critical position.

Like fucking bbk.

The domino effect will be real. With monsters on the line the likes of heimuli can play fast anf furious downhill. Its gonna be fucking awesome.

2022 is going to be speh-shul?!

animate said:

Peterman just needs more tim to replace the Peterman recruits with Peterman recruits.
    Eh 7-8 years for Dabo to win his title and build his program into the machine that it is. Recruiting has leveled up. Most of us see Petermens program's potential we are just tired of waiting for that potential to materialize. It's time to win something bigly.
    I'll leave this analogy.

Friend's kid sister is 13. There's potential.

2-3 years later, heeey ... Im going to jail.

4-5 years later. Holy shit!

animate said:

Eh 7-8 years for Dabo to win his title and build his program into the machine that it is. Recruiting has leveled up. Most of us see Petermens program's potential we are just tired of waiting for that potential to materialize. It's time to win something bigly.
    Peterman should be crushing this bad league now if he wants to be Dabo.
  • HuskyHalfBrainHuskyHalfBrain Member Posts: 1,160
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    animate said:

I would give both @backthepack's balls for Budda, SMFJ, Pettis, GG, Gaskin, McGary and healthy Trey on next years team.

Then there's OKG version 1.5 in Rapp Culture and BMFM, well, fuck you I'll take these Dawgs over any pups we have coming in.
  • Mad_SonMad_Son Member Posts: 10,075
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    The problem isn't recruiting and talent. We have been trending up there and can reasonably justify expectations that we'll close the gap there.

The problem is everything that doesn't need top be fixed incrementally over time - starting qb decisions, offensive scheme selection, Bob Gregory loyalty.
  • YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,796
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

animate said:

*8.5 years + Watson = NT