Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Online Genius Figures Out 3 Things Experts "On the Inside" Could Not: #2 Will Bring You to Tears!

2»

Comments

• Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,502
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    Bread said:

What I'm hearing: Pete should coach more like Herm.

Even Herm isnt giving Harry enough chances
  • Options
    TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,739
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    PurpleJ said:

AND LEARN HOW TO RUN A FUCKING SCREEN PLAY FUCK

When the O-Line can't pass block or run block properly, screen blocking is fucking hopeless. As we saw last night.
  • Options
    AEBAEB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,959
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    #2 and the mold growing in my fridge due to Flo Jo killing my power the last 31 hours brought me to tears.

Right now Pete’s offense and Duke Energy can eat dicks.
  • Options
    BallzBallz Member Posts: 4,735
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs
    I don't care if they have an explosive offense that puts up 40 points a game or a ball control, run first offense that puts up 24 points a game. Just score more points than the other team. That's all that matters.
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 59,926
    Founders Club

PurpleJ said:

We could have lined up in power sets all day yesterday and that team wouldn't have stopped us.

I actually don't agree with this. When we had Dissly, Shelton, and Eldenkamp in 2016 we could. And t also helped having Ross and Pettis.

Now we have young TE's who aren't great blockers and a ravaged OL that isn't very good.
    Here's where I have a grudging respect for Mike Leach: He'll have his QB get destroyed and brain damaged before he'll stop throwing the ball down the field, trying to attack the defense. UW doesn't attack the defense. Instead they try to avoid and circumvent it with complicated blocking schemes and lateral plays that get stuffed or lose yardage. A 4 year Senior starting QB should be able to hit the TE in the spot the blitzing LB just vacated with his eyes closed. Browning and the OC don't even try, and it's infuriating given the talent UW has at TE.
    Exactly. You'd think this would be Coach Pete 101
  • Options
    NorwegianHuskyNorwegianHusky Member Posts: 3,422

PurpleJ said:

We could have lined up in power sets all day yesterday and that team wouldn't have stopped us.

I actually don't agree with this. When we had Dissly, Shelton, and Eldenkamp in 2016 we could. And t also helped having Ross and Pettis.

Now we have young TE's who aren't great blockers and a ravaged OL that isn't very good.
    Here's where I have a grudging respect for Mike Leach: He'll have his QB get destroyed and brain damaged before he'll stop throwing the ball down the field, trying to attack the defense. UW doesn't attack the defense. Instead they try to avoid and circumvent it with complicated blocking schemes and lateral plays that get stuffed or lose yardage. A 4 year Senior starting QB should be able to hit the TE in the spot the blitzing LB just vacated with his eyes closed. Browning and the OC don't even try, and it's infuriating given the talent UW has at TE.
    Even Tyler Huntley did this against us at least once. The fact that our so-called "game manager pre-snap genius" can't do it is a joke.
  • Options
    TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,739

PurpleJ said:

Even Tyler Huntley did this against us at least once. The fact that our so-called "game manager pre-snap genius" can't do it is a joke.
    Several replays from behind the pocket shown on the TV Broadcast showed Sample wide open down the middle, but Browning never threw at him. I don't know if he's the #3 read in that situation or what, but the question is: If the blitz is on, why doesn't the TE in the middle automatically become the #1 target?
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 59,926
    Founders Club
  • Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Tequilla said:

PurpleJ said:

@Tequilla down vote means I'm right

No … it means that you're an idiot
    You two should take off the gloves and roll.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs

Tequilla said:

PurpleJ said:

@Tequilla down vote means I'm right

No … it means that you're an idiot
    You two should take off the gloves and roll.
    Dynamite drop in