Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Online Genius Figures Out 3 Things Experts "On the Inside" Could Not: #2 Will Bring You to Tears!

Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754
First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
edited September 2018 in Hardcore Husky Board
1. Our problem is the offense. Pete is in charge of it. I believe that when Jake was healthy, we had Ross and Pettis and (most importantly) Tedford - we were good. At all other times it's sucked. It sucked at the end of Pete's tenure at Boise and it's sucked here constantly outside of that 6 game window to start '16.

2. Pete is a great CEO. He is amazing at holding people to high standards and getting excellent performance from others around him. He is a good hearted, generous leader who is loyal and both commands and deserves respect. However, everything he's directly involved in he's proven himself to be a stubborn, incompetent control freak. Why are we playing Jake? Why don't we have a spring game? Why can't we stop this faggy madness on offense? Why can't we stop this faggy madness with the injury reporting? Why do we hire sycophantic offensive personnel and old white guys who can't recruit? Why run this horrible offense? WHY THE FUCK DO WE PLAY JAKE BROWNING?

Pete so intensely curates this program, B4L, OKG, all the details every day, everything measured, improved and optimized... and then he takes this fine wine he's crafted over years and dumps a Carnation Instant Breakfast in it before he serves it to prove a point.

3. Run the fucking ball.

Comments

• Options
    PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,470
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Tequilla said:

PurpleJ said:

PurpleJ said:

We could have lined up in power sets all day yesterday and that team wouldn't have stopped us.

I actually don't agree with this. When we had Dissly, Shelton, and Eldenkamp in 2016 we could. And t also helped having Ross and Pettis.

Now we have young TE's who aren't great blockers and a ravaged OL that isn't very good.
    They are good at run blocking. Pass blocking not so much. If we ever call a pass play, it should be a 3 step drop.

Regardless, Utah wouldn't have stopped us if we kept running it down their throat. You crazy.
    Ok ... so we run 3 step drops and the initial read isn't there ... then what happens? Have you caught onto the fact that we have a QB that doesn't like to take hits and panics at a moment's notice? He also has a noodle arm and doesn't have the confidence to fit throws into tight windows (which are often required for 3 step drops)?

That's a recipe for disaster IMO.
    The read should be there if we are running the ball 2/3 of the time, and as always, you can dump it out to the half back. Have you ever watched a football game? What's the alternative here? Line up in 3 or 4 wide sets and let Jake rip it? How's that going?
  • Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,502
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    Gladstone said:

6 game window to start '16:

Rutgers
    Idaho
    Portland State
    Arizona
    Stanford with both of its starting CBs injured and out
    Oregon with its worst statistical defense since 1974

Plus Ross and Pettis
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    Gladstone said:

Tequilla said:

It's almost as if playing young players means you have to put up with the ups and downs of their development in real time … shocking.

Go back to 2014 and the DBs that we were throwing out there were all young guys with Sidney and Budda true freshman … we played Nate Dogg Jr out there … it was a mess at times (go back and watch the UCLA game and a long TD that they had where the WR was open by 30 yards because of assignment errors). Many of those DBs turned out to be part of the best DB grouping that we've ever had at this school.

I suspect that our OL will get better throughout the year.

For better or worse, many of our more difficult games are at the start of the season this year … baptism by fire.

Utah has always been the second toughest game on our schedule this year. This holds true even if they do their typical November collapse. It was a good win. I think people are placing undue emphasis on the typical Browning ineptitude with overall team performanceand confidence. We physically beat the shit out of them, in a hyped road night game, Gaskin carried us as usual, and we forced turnovers. As you mentioned, there's plenty of for the team improving significantly throughout the course of the season.

Yes, the conference sucks but every other team would have lost that game save for maybe Stanford. Although Utah and those types of games on the road are when Shaw sometimes vomits all over himself.
    The only thing that I slightly disagree with is I really don't know what to make of Utah last night. We knew they had offensive issues going into the game. Those were clear after last night that they weren't understated. Utah's good enough to be their usual 8-4 or 9-3 this year and win the South because it's a dreckfest. But at this point, their offense has a legit chance at keeping them in the 6-6 range this year.

Colorado's probably the favorite right now in the South … ASU probably the 2nd favorite. SC is a dumpster fire that might only luck out because they miss both UW and Oregon.
  • Options
    dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker First Anniversary

PurpleJ said:

We could have lined up in power sets all day yesterday and that team wouldn't have stopped us.

I actually don't agree with this. When we had Dissly, Shelton, and Eldenkamp in 2016 we could. And t also helped having Ross and Pettis.

Now we have young TE's who aren't great blockers and a ravaged OL that isn't very good.
    Yeah I'm really disappointed with the TE blocking. I thought gaskin had a walk in td on the pitch play and Warren completely whiffed his man
  • Options
    BreadBread Member Posts: 3,969
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    What I'm hearing: Pete should coach more like Herm.