Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

HuskyFan Podcast: UCLA Review, OSU Preview

HeretoBeatmyChestHeretoBeatmyChest Member Posts: 4,295
edited November 2013 in Hardcore Husky Board
Hugh stops by, Price actually is providing great QB play, Chest opines that Sark may be the worst OC in the country, there is actually a script being provided to the local media, and someone refers to Myles Jack as a douche bag after his record setting performance.

http://traffic.libsyn.com/huskyfanpodcast/oregonstpt2_joined.mp3

Comments

• I'm looking forward to this. Hopefully you don't let the Lemon Party trio known as the Husky Honks off the hook.
  • HeretoBeatmyChestHeretoBeatmyChest Member Posts: 4,295

I'm looking forward to this. Hopefully you don't let the Lemon Party trio known as the Husky Honks off the hook.

Not a lot about the Honks but we did cover the LP trio at a certain recruiting focused website.
  • I'm looking forward to this. Hopefully you don't let the Lemon Party trio known as the Husky Honks off the hook.

Not a lot about the Honks but we did cover the LP trio at a certain recruiting focused website.
    Glad to hear. I don't care what people say I look forward to the Doogman bashing!
  • HFNYHFNY Member Posts: 4,686 Standard Supporter
    Yes, it's ok that it's not going to work out for the Doogs...it's ok, move on and post-2010 Sarkisian wasn't even right for you Doogs anyway!
  • GladstoneGladstone Member Posts: 16,419
    Entertaining, but definitely a bit of a downer towards the end. Jecornell -- why are you so certain Sark wouldn't be fired regardless? I hope you're wrong. Shudder.
  • jecorneljecornel Member Posts: 9,727
    Because the media is building the case as to why sark is the guy and there is a lot invested n the staff.
    Also UCLA game sark lost three starters... lots of money involved to fire him and then if you hire a coach you likely have to pay a buyout... the schedule next year is a lock for a 5-0 start...plus look at who is making the decision.
    Sorry more time we will dedicate a segment to you in the future!
  • chrisvashonchrisvashon Member Posts: 627
    edited November 2013
    Was typing an email to my buddy with a link to the podcast and then Chest compared anti-Sark people to the lunatic Ron Paul.

*message deleted.*

Talk about guilt by association.

• HeretoBeatmyChestHeretoBeatmyChest Member Posts: 4,295

Was typing an email to my buddy with a link to the podcast and then Chest compared anti-Sark people to the lunatic Ron Paul.

*message deleted.*

Ron Paul was branded as an extremist and still is, despite the fact that 10 years ago he warned of and predicted the housing bubble, financial crisis and severe recession to come. People continue to brand him as a kook and extremist. If you don't like his politics, you can at least admit there is some similarity there and the guy was totally on point ahead of the crowd. People are branding HH and the HHB's as the fringe and extremists, despite the fact that they've been right all along.

• RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123
    edited November 2013
    Gladstone said:

Entertaining, but definitely a bit of a downer towards the end. Jecornell -- why are you so certain Sark wouldn't be fired regardless? I hope you're wrong. Shudder.

You think Woodward is firing Sark? We all want Sark to get fired, but I have the same doubts as JE. What we want to happen and what will actually happen are likely two different things. It will take a catastrophe for Sark to be fired. A blowout loss to OSU, loss to WSU, and loss to a MAC team in the bowl would probably get Sark fired.

To those who take issue to the profanity just step into a locker room....see the incognito story.....also the talk I hear in most businesses I walk into daily pales in comparison.
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,650
    jecornel said:

To those who take issue to the profanity just step into a locker room....see the incognito story.....also the talk I hear in most businesses I walk into daily pales in comparison.

I don't think anyone who poasts here can take issue with the profanity. The question for you guys (and for Hardcore Husky going forward) is, how broad of an audience do you want? Are you after the niche millenials and random boomer fucktards who want to take the gloves off? Or are you looking for more mainstream appeal.

I'm good with it either way - I'm in favor of keeping the Dawgman bashing and inside jokes, which probably limits our audience to some degree. But OTOH, I think the decision to deprofanitize firecoachsark.com was the right one. That site needs as wide of circulation as possible. How much influence do you see your podcast having? IMO, that will determine what you do about the profanity.

• TailgaterTailgater Member Posts: 1,389
    Keith Price and Bishop Sankey and a group of WR's have had damn good seasons as you guys have pointed out. So what is wrong?

Don't forget mediocre defense on the road, mega-penalties most of which have been procedural, offensive holding, basic stuff. And then there's the fucking kicking game which isn't on the field and clock much, but can easily cancel out everything else that's good...... as the Stanford loss was worst example of this I've ever suffered to watch.

What's wrong leads directly to insufficient preparation, too little fundamentals, and poor program management. Who else can be accountable for these shortcomings other than the head coach.

*message deleted.*

Ron Paul was branded as an extremist and still is, despite the fact that 10 years ago he warned of and predicted the housing bubble, financial crisis and severe recession to come. People continue to brand him as a kook and extremist. If you don't like his politics, you can at least admit there is some similarity there and the guy was totally on point ahead of the crowd. People are branding HH and the HHB's as the fringe and extremists, despite the fact that they've been right all along.

I understand the point you were trying to make, but you picked a horrible analogy. Ron Paul's views were deranged 10 years ago, and they are still deranged today. Return to the gold standard? Abolishing the dept. of education? Still awful ideas. Still lunatic fringe.

Collegedoog's Lincoln analogy was more apt. We are fighting an unpopular war (for now), but we have righteousness on our side.

Besides that critique, I love evey episode. Great listen as always.

I have to say Ron Paul has a number of solid ideas most namely pulling our military out of 120 countries is his best idea.....Some not so much. The point is that he recognized what was coming down the pike.
    DNC you make fair points. Noted!
  • MisterEmMisterEm Member Posts: 6,685

Really appreciate these podcasts. Spot on with just about all the commentary (liked the Ron Paul analogy). Also kind of funny. Keep 'em coming.

LEAVE!

jecornel said:

DNC you make fair points. Noted!

Well, as someone who enjoys the profanity, I'd point out that many popular podcast are laced with it.

You could copy the soft one.

MotherChicken! Chicken that! (I'm dumber for having even typed that)