Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

I'm secure enough in my (homo)sexuality to...

2»

Comments

• Options
    BearsWiinBearsWiin Member Posts: 4,947
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Sledog said:

BearsWiin said:

I've got an Enfield Mk II No. 1 Tanker's pistol chambered for the 38/200 which is unavailable in this cuntry, so I have to use .38 S&W in it instead. Smaller version of the Webley .455 breaktop. Muzzle velocity is about 600 fps, and on longer shots at the range I swear you can see the damn thing arcing. POW!...putt POW!...putt

They wanted something with low muzzle velocity so that if you missed your target (somebody invading your tank) you wouldn't have to deal with wicked ricochets in a closed space.

38/200 is the .38 S&W loaded with a 200 grain bullet. They never should have dropped the .455 but back then handguns saw less use than they do in the modern military.
    The internets tells me that the reasoning behind the 38/200 was that a longer heavy low-speed bullet would be unstable and keyhole when it hit a target, making its stopping power almost as great as the .455. The internets also seems to think that this reasoning is faulty.

DA-only hammer configuration along with a god-awful heavy trigger pull means this gun isn't going to win anybody any marksmanship contests
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    BearsWiin said:

Sledog said:

BearsWiin said:

I've got an Enfield Mk II No. 1 Tanker's pistol chambered for the 38/200 which is unavailable in this cuntry, so I have to use .38 S&W in it instead. Smaller version of the Webley .455 breaktop. Muzzle velocity is about 600 fps, and on longer shots at the range I swear you can see the damn thing arcing. POW!...putt POW!...putt

They wanted something with low muzzle velocity so that if you missed your target (somebody invading your tank) you wouldn't have to deal with wicked ricochets in a closed space.

38/200 is the .38 S&W loaded with a 200 grain bullet. They never should have dropped the .455 but back then handguns saw less use than they do in the modern military.
    The internets tells me that the reasoning behind the 38/200 was that a longer heavy low-speed bullet would be unstable and keyhole when it hit a target, making its stopping power almost as great as the .455. The internets also seems to think that this reasoning is faulty.

DA-only hammer configuration along with a god-awful heavy trigger pull means this gun isn't going to win anybody any marksmanship contests
    I love the look of the top-break Brit revolvers.
  • Options
    BearsWiinBearsWiin Member Posts: 4,947
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    edited September 2018

BearsWiin said:

Sledog said:

BearsWiin said:

So do I. But I tend to think that there's some inherent limitation to how powerful the cartridge can be since the frame isn't all one piece; there are serious weak poonts at the hinge and latch. That said, Jake Browning still sucks it's definitely worth it to have the gun and bullwhip, wear the hat and leather jacket, and let the wife pretend that I'm Harrison Ford

Indy coitus
  • Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,886
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    BearsWiin said:

BearsWiin said:

Sledog said:

BearsWiin said:

So do I. But I tend to think that there's some inherent limitation to how powerful the cartridge can be since the frame isn't all one piece; there are serious weak poonts at the hinge and latch. That said, Jake Browning still sucks it's definitely worth it to have the gun and bullwhip, wear the hat and leather jacket, and let the wife pretend that I'm Harrison Ford

Indy coitus
    I always thought when the whip comes down was a Rolling Stones song about gay sex.