Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

What happened to football ?

The 2013 season is not over in terms of games scheduled and paid for, but still un-played. Like it or not, there's an important game in Corvallis on Saturday. It's surely a game that might be critical for the head coaching career of UW's latest hiring mistake, Steve Sarkisian, and thus at least for some of us, it's critical for the future of Husky Football.

So where's the football discussion ? What if Price can't make the call to duty and the freshman Miles and his unorthodox throwing motion must take to the mound? Will the Beav's typically nasty defensive front beat-up on our nursery trained broken and bewildered offensive line? Certainly, Mike Riley's defense, same as ASU's and UCLA's, will come out and punch Sark's offense in the mouth right from the start. Will it beat-up on Cozzetto's cascade range (or whatever they call themselves) enough to keep Sark from pulling plays out of his ass, or will the big Dawgs find enough backbone to fight back giving Sankey evough room to get his yards and allow whomever must sacrifice their body to play QB a chance to survive on the field till the final gun? The scoreboard outcome should depend on whether or not the Husky offense can control the ball, but it probably won't

Over on the other side of the ball, the Pac-12's stingiest defense against the pass will face perhaps this year's most dangerous aerial circus in college football. I wouldn't want to guess which is which, but what will happen? My guess is that the Beavs will start off pounding the ball on the ground as the Bruins did last Friday. Once their passing starts, the Husky defense won't be able to get off the field while Sark's offense will struggle to make first downs eventually going into desperation mode to catch up by repeatedly trying to hit home runs. The Huskies will have a chance to win in an even contest on the road IF the defense can manage to get off the field and out of long drives given up to the Beavers. How about the kicking game? Who the fuck cares.

It's another night game under the lights. How surprising is that? I'll be watching in front of my HD big screen and should get thru it to the bitter end. Last week, I nearly bailed a half dozen times in the first half, but stuck with it and watched most of it to the end. These games the Huskies have been losing against Stanford, ASU, Oregon, and UCLA have seemed to me like watching the Indy 500 where the car or driver I'm pulling for is always a lap or two or more behind with no chance to win. We have a losing culture in Husky Football thanks to Gilby-Tyrone and it appears evident that Sark is not the coach we need to root the losing attitudes out and turn that around. We need to see how these last two games go plus the bowl game if there is one and watch for the UW's usual indecision and indifference or something else. If between now and the bowl game, the AD and/or UW administration go public with any announcement supporting SarkBall for another year with a "lets see how he does with more time", we are fucked just like before.

Comments

• MisterEmMisterEm Member Posts: 6,685
    You forgot:

800 passing yards by Mannion.

Cooks burns King and Shamwowburger for 4 tds.

No name RB breaks school record for yards.

Wilcox doubles his pay.
  • Mad_SonMad_Son Member Posts: 10,174
    We already lost. Didn't anybody tell you?
  • HFNYHFNY Member Posts: 4,686 Standard Supporter
    I will still tune in to watch MY DAWGS but am bracing myself for watching a slow moving train-wreck. 7-19 and Mike Riley in Corvallis tells me so.
  • JuicyHawgCoogJuicyHawgCoog Member Posts: 122
    Mannion is slowly proving that when he faces quality fronts, and d-backfields he can be Connor Halliday. Riley knows he doesn't have to beat Sark, just wait for Sark or his players to fuck themselves over. So i'll look for them to draw your line up quick and screen/draw/run for a bit. Once that softens everyone up, they'll just let Mannion slowly pick apart your defense. Sark will try to run his high flying offense instead of letting Sankey win the game, unless Miley Cyrus is in. I expect OSU to have the ball for a good majority of the first half. Sark will start letting Sankey carry the team sometime in the third when it's just to late, after ASJ drops a big pass or two. OSU will show up after last week. I would be more scared about who your AD will look at than anything else, there is huge potential to fuck UW over for a long time there.
  • TailgaterTailgater Member Posts: 1,389
    C'mon guys, we gotta at least pantomime our way through these final two weeks with serious football discussion........ like the muted new-age fighting snarling growling Dawgfangs that we are. Can we at least agree that's it's not because the memo says we already lost, but how we lost already that matters. Consider that if Sark is to ever again have the opportunity to grasp defeat from the jaws of victory like he did in the 2012 apple cup, he must first do something right.
  • TailgaterTailgater Member Posts: 1,389

Mannion is slowly proving that when he faces quality fronts, and d-backfields he can be Connor Halliday. Riley knows he doesn't have to beat Sark, just wait for Sark or his players to fuck themselves over. So i'll look for them to draw your line up quick and screen/draw/run for a bit. Once that softens everyone up, they'll just let Mannion slowly pick apart your defense. Sark will try to run his high flying offense instead of letting Sankey win the game, unless Miley Cyrus is in. I expect OSU to have the ball for a good majority of the first half. Sark will start letting Sankey carry the team sometime in the third when it's just to late, after ASJ drops a big pass or two. OSU will show up after last week. I would be more scared about who your AD will look at than anything else, there is huge potential to fuck UW over for a long time there.

Good analysis, but too technical. Coogs are better with cheese and wine.

• SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,377 Founders Club
    Doogles said:

Miles suffers a concussion midway through the 1st.

Lindquist twists ankle by the end of the 2nd.

Nick Montana parachutes in at halftime.

ASJ drops wide open touchdown gimme in 3rd.

Sark steals his bong in 4th.

Kick ass pressers his way into a 3 year extension.

If this was your first post here, it was the best first post ever on this site.

NOW LEAVE!