Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Why not both?

RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,257
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
Swaye's Wigwam
While handing out free condoms in schools why not hand out information that is factual on behaviors in life an individual can choose to avoid poverty?

Why the resistance to anything that isn't a government program? Because it might work? The legendary sisters I used to work with knew the drill. They were not going to get pregnant or married until they were either done with school or set up in a good job. They didn't do drugs. They were very aware of why they were doing what they were doing.

Is it that hard to educate kids on behaviors to avoid if you want to avoid a shitty life? At least you were warned. Parents, schools, church, Devil worship centers whatever.

Instead we get the left freaking out about ABSTINENCE DOESN'T WORK. Well duh. Noting in and of itself works. Getting a teen girls dependent on the government for birth control, abortion, or to support the kid doesn't work either. Unless that is your goal but I am not sure I am that cynical. More likely is good intentions trump actual results. A common failing on the left

Comments

• Options
    SFGbobSFGbob Member Posts: 31,920
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

While handing out free condoms in schools why not hand out information that is factual on behaviors in life an individual can choose to avoid poverty?

Why the resistance to anything that isn't a government program? Because it might work? The legendary sisters I used to work with knew the drill. They were not going to get pregnant or married until they were either done with school or set up in a good job. They didn't do drugs. They were very aware of why they were doing what they were doing.

Is it that hard to educate kids on behaviors to avoid if you want to avoid a shitty life? At least you were warned. Parents, schools, church, Devil worship centers whatever.

Instead we get the left freaking out about ABSTINENCE DOESN'T WORK. Well duh. Noting in and of itself works. Getting a teen girls dependent on the government for birth control, abortion, or to support the kid doesn't work either. Unless that is your goal but I am not sure I am that cynical. More likely is good intentions trump actual results. A common failing on the left

Of the people that follow the very simply rules I listed only about 2% of them end up living in poverty. None of this involves government intervention or a government program and thus the people who do it, aren't dependent on the government. That's the real reasons liberals are so hostile and resistant to it.
  • Options
    BennyBeaverBennyBeaver Member Posts: 13,333
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Great old man rant, as always.

Kudos to you for staying on brand.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

If you hadn't posted anything people might not have realized you have nothing to add

There is nothing in my post that is a rant. At all. Nor is there anything old about it since I actually work with 20 somethings.

So you got triggered but why?
  • Options

If you hadn't posted anything people might not have realized you have nothing to add

There is nothing in my post that is a rant. At all. Nor is there anything old about it since I actually work with 20 somethings.

LOL. Classic.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

LOL. Classic.
    Let me guess, you're "trolling" me with your stupidity again.
  • Options
    2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

LOL. Classic.
    Parrot.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Lightweight #2 shows up
  • Options

LOL. Classic.
    Nope. Your initial old man rant is so laughable that it didn't deserve any response, other than what it got.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

LOL. Classic.
    Nope. Your initial old man rant is so laughable that it didn't deserve any response, other than what it got.
    Sure benny the lightweight. Sure
  • Options
    BearsWiinBearsWiin Member Posts: 4,947
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

STOP FUCKING ON MY LAWN