Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

9-11

WestlinnDuckWestlinnDuck Member Posts: 13,699
First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
Standard Supporter
https://pjmedia.com/instapundit/

And here’s a passage from Lee Harris’s Civilization And Its Enemies.

Forgetfulness occurs when those who have been long inured to civilized order can no longer remember a time in which they had to wonder whether their crops would grow to maturity without being stolen or their children sold into slavery by a victorious foe.

They forget that in time of danger, in the face of the Enemy, they must trust and confide in each other, or perish.

They forget, in short, that there has ever been a category of human experience called the Enemy. And that, before 9/11, was what had happened to us. The very concept of the Enemy had been banished from our moral and political vocabulary. An enemy was just a friend we hadn’t done enough for — yet. Or perhaps there had been a misunderstanding, or an oversight on our part — something that we could correct. And this means that that our first task is that we must try to grasp what the concept of the Enemy really means.

The Enemy is someone who is willing to die in order to kill you. And while it is true that the Enemy always hates us for a reason — it is his reason, and not ours.

I’ve mentioned it before, but it bears repeating today.

One thing I guess I didn’t believe 17 years ago is that America would elect such a feckless President in 2008, and stand idly by while he flushed our global position, and security, down a left-wing toilet. But we did, and we’ll be paying the price for a long time.

God bless America. We need it.

Comments

• YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,796
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    The biggest toilet flushing of our national security interests did not occur during the Obama administration. Rather, this happened in 2003 and were it not for this FS decision, Obama would never have been elected. Worst ROI for our country since 'Nam.
  • KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,750
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment

The biggest toilet flushing of our national security interests did not occur during the Obama administration. Rather, this happened in 2003 and were it not for this FS decision, Obama would never have been elected. Worst ROI for our country since 'Nam.

But we ran out of hard targets in Afghanistan. So tell me Mr Smartie, what else COULD the military industrial complex do to further capitalize on the mass fear of its citizenry to maximize revenue???
    Swaye's Wigwam
    salemcoog said:

But we ran out of hard targets in Afghanistan. So tell me Mr Smartie, what else COULD the military industrial complex do to further capitalize on the mass fear of its citizenry to maximize revenue???
    We bombed the wrong country at the wrong time. We should have left Iraq alone and gave Iran and offer they couldn't refuse.
  • HardlyClothedHardlyClothed Member Posts: 937
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Someone born on 9/11 can now enlist to go fight and die in our unwinnable war in Afghanistan. God bless America indeed...
  • KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,750
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment

salemcoog said:

We bombed the wrong country at the wrong time. We should have left Iraq alone and gave Iran and offer they couldn't refuse.
    Or.... we could have just left Iraq alone, period. No need to make any deals with Iran.
  • SFGbobSFGbob Member Posts: 31,919
    Standard Supporter

Someone born on 9/11 can now enlist to go fight and die in our unwinnable war in Afghanistan. God bless America indeed...

I'm old enough to remember when liberals used to claim that Afghanistan was where the "real" WOT was at and how when Obama took office he was going to finally kick some real ass there unlike that cowboy Bush who took his eye off the ball.
    SFGbob said:

I'm old enough to remember when liberals used to claim that Afghanistan was where the "real" WOT was at and how when Obama took office he was going to finally kick some real ass there unlike that cowboy Bush who took his eye off the ball.
    We covered this in an earlier thread about Obama using Afghanistan for campaign reasons in ‘08, and that he was actually naive enough to follow through with it. Do you need someone to take you in to the vinyl repair shop? Can’t wait to see which other lines are regurgitated.
  • 2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457
    SFGbob said:

Obama didn't do shit right in Afghanistan. Has anyone here supported Obama's actions there?
    Swaye's Wigwam
    salemcoog said:

salemcoog said:

Or.... we could have just left Iraq alone, period. No need to make any deals with Iran.
    Yes, that's what I said. We had no leverage in dealing with Iran on nukes because the Ayatollahs knew we blew our wad in Iraq. Keeping one's powder dry for the right fight is of the utmost importance in international affairs.
    Standard Supporter
    edited September 2018

SFGbob said:

We covered this in an earlier thread about Obama using Afghanistan for campaign reasons in ‘08, and that he was actually naive enough to follow through with it. Do you need someone to take you in to the vinyl repair shop? Can’t wait to see which other lines are regurgitated.
    Actually, Obama was entirely cynical about Afghanistan and used it during the campaign as a prop so that he couldn't be accused of being anti-war. He never followed through on any of his promises there and given the fact that he refused to give the generals the number of troops they requested and restricted the troops we did have there with completely ridiculous Rules of Engagement that got a number of our guys killed there. He was never going to really fight that war they way he claimed he was going to do.

And my response wasn't so much about "Obama's actions" as it was about the stupid fucking liberals who voted for him and repeated his bullshit about the "real" WOT.
    SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

Actually, Obama was entirely cynical about Afghanistan and used it during the campaign as a prop so that he couldn't be accused of being anti-war. He never followed through on any of his promises there and given the fact that he refused to give the generals the number of troops they requested and restricted the troops we did have there with completely ridiculous Rules of Engagement that got a number of our guys killed there. He was never going to really fight that war they way he claimed he was going to do.

And my response wasn't so much about "Obama's actions" as it was about the stupid fucking liberals who voted for him and repeated his bullshit about the "real" WOT.
    Ah if Obama had only given the big tough righteous military men even more troops and didn’t impose so many damn rules then we surely would have won. Just like Vietnam.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 100,699
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

Ah if Obama had only given the big tough righteous military men even more troops and didn’t impose so many damn rules then we surely would have won. Just like Vietnam.
    Obama got more troops killed than Bush which makes those rules kind of important

If you aren't going to fight then go home

And we aren't going to fight so no more war
    Standard Supporter

SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

The strawman's ass gets fucked.

Obama was the one who criticized Bush for taking his eye off the ball in Afghanistan in order to fight in Iraq, and who promised to kick some ass in the "real" war on terrorism when he took office.

Now he was lying the entire time. I just found it funny that his idiot supporters believed him and used to mouth the very same bullshit he was spreading. Obama never had any intention of fighting and winning in Afghanistan.
  • 2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457
    SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

Obama was the one who criticized Bush for taking his eye off the ball in Afghanistan in order to fight in Iraq, and who promised to kick some ass in the "real" war on terrorism when he took office.

Now he was lying the entire time. I just found it funny that his idiot supporters believed him and used to mouth the very same bullshit he was spreading. Obama never had any intention of fighting and winning in Afghanistan.
    Your homoerotic fetish just got weird.

photo FCDDD854-5EC3-4853-86B7-B9C423C276D9_zpskvki3gvf.gif
    Swaye's Wigwam
    2001400ex said:

SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

Your homoerotic fetish just got weird.

photo FCDDD854-5EC3-4853-86B7-B9C423C276D9_zpskvki3gvf.gif
    Ironic coming from "trump dick sucker hondo"
  • UWhuskytskeetUWhuskytskeet Member Posts: 7,104
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer

SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

Obama got more troops killed than Bush which makes those rules kind of important

Are you talking about Afghanistan specifically? Because more than twice as many military deaths occurred under Bush when you look at both wars.
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Standard Supporter

SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

Another one of the things Trump did almost immediately after taking office was to remove the restrictive Rules of Engagement that were imposed by General Obama.