Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Gary Bryant, 2020 WR, Centennial (Corona), CA (Offered 6/20/18)

Comments

• Options
    HillsboroDuckHillsboroDuck Member Posts: 9,186
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker

Gary Kubiak

Gary Collins (1960s Browns)

Drawing a blank on great players named Gary

• Options
    theknowledgetheknowledge Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,565
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Cleveland Gary?
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,214
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Gary Kubiak

Go FALCONS
  • Options
    NorwegianHuskyNorwegianHusky Member Posts: 3,422
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Tequilla said:

This gets back to my point of slotting guys properly ...

If Aaron Fuller is your top WR then you are probably mediocre as a position group ...

If Aaron Fuller is your 3rd best WR ... then you might have a pretty good receiving group ...

This isn’t hard

Completely agree with this. Which is why I also take issue with people calling Fuller a JAG. He's a pretty good slot receiver.

Should we have guys that are better than him right now? Hell yes, but we don't.
  • Options
    CanadawgCanadawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,056
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam

Canadawg said:

Canadawg said:

Tequilla said:

If Aaron Fuller is your top WR then you are probably mediocre as a position group ...

If Aaron Fuller is your 3rd best WR ... then you might have a pretty good receiving group ...

This isn’t hard

This is well put. Just because he was unfairly asked to be the next Dante doesn't mean hes terrible. I think he will be pretty good this year as a secondary option but he obviously isnt a number one wr to depend on every game. I think the same of Opera.

Who gets most receptions next year? Ty step up?
    There's a pretty decent argument that Fuller had a better junior year than Pettis did as a senior.

Which brings back to the same point I made when Pettis was headed into the draft - he's a lot better than people realized he just had an absolute train wreck for a QB. The 49ers, to their credit, realized this and still took Dante in the second round.

I don't think Fuller's a second rounder but I don't think he's a JAG either. Dude's two best games were at Auburn and at Utah, so fuck off with the "he only produced against shit opponents" nonsense.
    Explain

More catches and more yards.

Pettis' top four games of 2017: @ Oregon State, Fresno State (six of his 7 td's in these 2 games), Oregon, Utah.

Fuller's top four games of 2018: Auburn (road neutral), at Utah, at UCLA, BYU.

Fuller's best games came against better aggregate opponents than Pettis' did.

I'm not bashing Pettis here. Dante was the fucking man. His senior year numbers were only bad because Browning.

But I think the same mostly applies to Fuller's junior year.
    Saying that there is an argument for having a better season than Pettis then proceding to cherry pick and omit the best parts of his games that were good is... bizzare
  • Options
    uw2010uw2010 Member Posts: 940
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Name Dropper
    Gary Clark was pretty solid

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/C/ClarGa00.htm

Gary Zimmerman made 7 Pro Bowls and is also in the Hall of Fame

Gary Johnson had 4 Pro Bowls and 2 1st-Team All Pros.
  • Options
    BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,483
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

Gary Kubiak

Gary Payton
  • Options
    animateanimate Member Posts: 4,231
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Ok.

Gary glitter?
  • Options
    HillsboroDuckHillsboroDuck Member Posts: 9,186
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Canadawg said:

Canadawg said:

Canadawg said:

Tequilla said:

This isn’t hard

This is well put. Just because he was unfairly asked to be the next Dante doesn't mean hes terrible. I think he will be pretty good this year as a secondary option but he obviously isnt a number one wr to depend on every game. I think the same of Opera.

There's a pretty decent argument that Fuller had a better junior year than Pettis did as a senior.

Which brings back to the same point I made when Pettis was headed into the draft - he's a lot better than people realized he just had an absolute train wreck for a QB. The 49ers, to their credit, realized this and still took Dante in the second round.

I don't think Fuller's a second rounder but I don't think he's a JAG either. Dude's two best games were at Auburn and at Utah, so fuck off with the "he only produced against shit opponents" nonsense.
    Explain

Pettis' top four games of 2017: @ Oregon State, Fresno State (six of his 7 td's in these 2 games), Oregon, Utah.

I'm not bashing Pettis here. Dante was the fucking man. His senior year numbers were only bad because Browning.

Saying that there is an argument for having a better season than Pettis then proceding to cherry pick and omit the best parts of his games that were good is... bizzare
    What? More catches and more yards isn't cherry picking.

This is a conversation about wr's. Obviously Pettis was an insane PR. I'm not arguing that Fuller's a better player than Pettis in any sense. I'm just saying for the "Just because he was unfairly asked to be the next Dante doesn't mean hes terrible" line that he was a pretty damn reasonable facsimile of Dante production wise as a receiver.

The only reason I posted anything about top 4 games was because people have already tried to make the argument that Fuller only got his yards against shit competition, which isn't true.
  • Options
    NorwegianHuskyNorwegianHusky Member Posts: 3,422
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    animate said:

Ok.

Gary glitter?

All-time TBS legend.
  • Options
    animateanimate Member Posts: 4,231
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

animate said:

Ok.

Gary glitter?

All-time TBS legend.
    soooo bad.

but hh appropriate lol
  • Options
    CanadawgCanadawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,056
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam

Canadawg said:

Canadawg said:

Canadawg said:

Tequilla said:

This isn’t hard

Explain

This is a conversation about wr's. Obviously Pettis was an insane PR. I'm not arguing that Fuller's a better player than Pettis in any sense. I'm just saying for the "Just because he was unfairly asked to be the next Dante doesn't mean hes terrible" line that he was a pretty damn reasonable facsimile of Dante production wise as a receiver.

The only reason I posted anything about top 4 games was because people have already tried to make the argument that Fuller only got his yards against shit competition, which isn't true.
    If Pettis was only returning punts he would probably be a bigger help to the team last year then fuller was in totallity. I guess the pure recieving numbers make sense for what your saying though

Stats are for losers!
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

Canadawg said:

Canadawg said:

Canadawg said:

Tequilla said:

This isn’t hard

Explain

Fuller fell off late in the season. That said, he was very good for most of the season. He’s pretty good. I wouldn’t be surprised if he plays in the NFL.
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes

Canadawg said:

Canadawg said:

Canadawg said:

Tequilla said:

This isn’t hard

Explain

Fuller fell off late in the season. That said, he was very good for most of the season. He’s pretty good. I wouldn’t be surprised if he plays in the NFL.
    He’s a really interesting case in that I feel like his 2019 has a million possible outcomes. Does he take another step forward and become 1000 yard receiver and draft pick playing with a real QB? Does he truly get passed by Baccelia and buried in the depth as young receivers step forward? Does he stay in the lineup but perform like the second half of last year?

I could see him having 200 yards or 1000 yards next year. WR in general is extremely unpredictable next season. Spring ball and fall camp will be huge.
    K1000 yards....if it dosent happen I will donate $129 to have fudgepack banned for 4 weeks for being a dumb ass for twatting at parents of croots
  • Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,795
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes

Canadawg said:

Canadawg said:

Canadawg said:

Tequilla said:

This isn’t hard

Explain

He’s a really interesting case in that I feel like his 2019 has a million possible outcomes. Does he take another step forward and become 1000 yard receiver and draft pick playing with a real QB? Does he truly get passed by Baccelia and buried in the depth as young receivers step forward? Does he stay in the lineup but perform like the second half of last year?

I could see him having 200 yards or 1000 yards next year. WR in general is extremely unpredictable next season. Spring ball and fall camp will be huge.
    K1000 yards....if it dosent happen I will donate $129 to have fudgepack banned for 4 weeks for being a dumb ass for twatting at parents of croots
    The parents of recruits read these boreds!!!1!
  • Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,899
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

Gary Kubiak

Gary of Ace and Gary fame
  • Options
    RubberfistRubberfist Member Posts: 1,373
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes

Gary Kubiak