Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Gary Bryant, 2020 WR, Centennial (Corona), CA (Offered 6/20/18)

Comments

• GOATGOAT Member Posts: 177
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Ty Jones has talent and can get better. Fuller is what he is, a reliable 4th receiver.
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Fuller was also our best WR against Penn State. He’s not amazing, but he’s solid and our best WR. Blame the coaching and other WR’s for the lack of production. Fuller is not the problem.
  • backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,785
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes

Fuller sucks. 'Nuff said on that.

EMFA...you like to bite dick when you suck it
    He feasted on the shit-tier opposition the first 6 games of the year to the tune of 35 receptions for 574 yards. 23 receptions for 300 yards in the last 8 games of the season, including being shut out in the Apple Cup. JAG.
    Auburn was supposedly really good and Fuller was by far our best player in the game. If you bash Fuller, but suck off Ty Jones, you’re an idiot.

BBK vs Wellington part 2. Having common sense isn’t hard.
    Both sucked because Jake can’t throw the ball further than 10 yards downfield.
  • CanadawgCanadawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,047
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Tequilla said:

This gets back to my point of slotting guys properly ...

If Aaron Fuller is your top WR then you are probably mediocre as a position group ...

If Aaron Fuller is your 3rd best WR ... then you might have a pretty good receiving group ...

This isn’t hard

This is well put. Just because he was unfairly asked to be the next Dante doesn't mean hes terrible. I think he will be pretty good this year as a secondary option but he obviously isnt a number one wr to depend on every game. I think the same of Opera.

Who gets most receptions next year? Ty step up?
  • dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,701
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Canadawg said:

Tequilla said:

If Aaron Fuller is your top WR then you are probably mediocre as a position group ...

If Aaron Fuller is your 3rd best WR ... then you might have a pretty good receiving group ...

This isn’t hard

This is well put. Just because he was unfairly asked to be the next Dante doesn't mean hes terrible. I think he will be pretty good this year as a secondary option but he obviously isnt a number one wr to depend on every game. I think the same of Opera.

I’d say for us to have the season we need offensively, fuller ends up being our #3.

Spiker or Osborne or Anyone else who takes that “next step” should jump fuller. (Bryant stays healthy)

Teeth Price had Kearse, ASJ, Polk, Williams and trusty ol’ Aguilar. Always seemed to come through on 3rd and long. Well ran routes with sure hands.

If Fuller is our trusted 3rd (maybe even 4th) option, meaning 3 or more other guys are in front of him, our offense will be at a level that should take us to Roses at a minimum.
  • BeerThirtyBeerThirty Member Posts: 2,465

NEsnake12 said:

Domicillo said:

This is our Delgado of this class. We’ll string him along even though he’s already really interested in us and he’ll ultimately end up somewhere else while were holding out for Johnny Wilson.

Others have said it before, but 2020 will be a bigger year for WR recruiting because of how many we’re losing. Fuller, Baccellia, Pounds, Chico, and probably a Chin couch sale by then. Probably taking 3 minimum.

With that in mind, there’s no way that Bryant or any other WR we’ve already offered is a plan B. We’ve only offered 5... these are all plan A guys.
    Damn...that's a lot. You add up Fuller, Baccellia, Pounds, Chico, and Chin and that adds up to....2....carry the 1, divide by 3...multiply by 8 squared divided by 6.....uhhh....2.3 WRs? Is that right?

What a turd group that is hahahaha. Good lord.
    Dude fuck you, don’t group fuller with those scrubs
    Why would Fuller not be grouped in with Andre Baccellia? They’re the same person.
    get fucked. Fuller produces something unlike the rest of the cunts on the roster.
    Fuller did nothing the 2nd half of the season. Opera singer took his spot. They count as 1 wr because only 1 produces at a time
    emfa
    You are wearing that out. Ease up before you OD
  • FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes

NEsnake12 said:

Domicillo said:

This is our Delgado of this class. We’ll string him along even though he’s already really interested in us and he’ll ultimately end up somewhere else while were holding out for Johnny Wilson.

Others have said it before, but 2020 will be a bigger year for WR recruiting because of how many we’re losing. Fuller, Baccellia, Pounds, Chico, and probably a Chin couch sale by then. Probably taking 3 minimum.

With that in mind, there’s no way that Bryant or any other WR we’ve already offered is a plan B. We’ve only offered 5... these are all plan A guys.
    Damn...that's a lot. You add up Fuller, Baccellia, Pounds, Chico, and Chin and that adds up to....2....carry the 1, divide by 3...multiply by 8 squared divided by 6.....uhhh....2.3 WRs? Is that right?

Why would Fuller not be grouped in with Andre Baccellia? They’re the same person.
    get fucked. Fuller produces something unlike the rest of the cunts on the roster.
    Fuller did nothing the 2nd half of the season. Opera singer took his spot. They count as 1 wr because only 1 produces at a time
    emfa
    toss my salad......happy?
  • BeerThirtyBeerThirty Member Posts: 2,465

NEsnake12 said:

Domicillo said:

emfa
    toss my salad......happy?
    Better
  • BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,379
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

Fuller sucks. 'Nuff said on that.

EMFA...you like to bite dick when you suck it
    He feasted on the shit-tier opposition the first 6 games of the year to the tune of 35 receptions for 574 yards. 23 receptions for 300 yards in the last 8 games of the season, including being shut out in the Apple Cup. JAG.
    Auburn was supposedly really good and Fuller was by far our best player in the game. If you bash Fuller, but suck off Ty Jones, you’re an idiot.

BBK vs Wellington part 2. Having common sense isn’t hard.
    Who's sucking off Ty Jones?
  • HillsboroDuckHillsboroDuck Member Posts: 9,186
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Canadawg said:

Tequilla said:

This isn’t hard

There's a pretty decent argument that Fuller had a better junior year than Pettis did as a senior.

Which brings back to the same point I made when Pettis was headed into the draft - he's a lot better than people realized he just had an absolute train wreck for a QB. The 49ers, to their credit, realized this and still took Dante in the second round.

I don't think Fuller's a second rounder but I don't think he's a JAG either. Dude's two best games were at Auburn and at Utah, so fuck off with the "he only produced against shit opponents" nonsense.
  • CanadawgCanadawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,047
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam

Canadawg said:

Tequilla said:

This isn’t hard

There's a pretty decent argument that Fuller had a better junior year than Pettis did as a senior.

Which brings back to the same point I made when Pettis was headed into the draft - he's a lot better than people realized he just had an absolute train wreck for a QB. The 49ers, to their credit, realized this and still took Dante in the second round.

I don't think Fuller's a second rounder but I don't think he's a JAG either. Dude's two best games were at Auburn and at Utah, so fuck off with the "he only produced against shit opponents" nonsense.
    Explain

Canadawg said:

Canadawg said:

Tequilla said:

This isn’t hard

Explain

More catches and more yards.

Pettis' top four games of 2017: @ Oregon State, Fresno State (six of his 7 td's in these 2 games), Oregon, Utah.

Fuller's top four games of 2018: Auburn (road neutral), at Utah, at UCLA, BYU.

Fuller's best games came against better aggregate opponents than Pettis' did.

I'm not bashing Pettis here. Dante was the fucking man. His senior year numbers were only bad because Browning.

But I think the same mostly applies to Fuller's junior year.
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I might be overrating a recruit, but Nacua could be our #3 next year. He’s better than Spiker and Osborne.

I might be overrating a recruit, but Nacua could be our #3 next year. He’s better than Spiker and Osborne.

I agree he's the most talented of Pete's WR recruits but I'm not sure he'll get that kind of opportunity right away. IIRC they were both early enrollees too so they'll be three semesters ahead of him in learning the playbook.
  • FremontTrollFremontTroll Member Posts: 4,701

Canadawg said:

Canadawg said:

Tequilla said:

This isn’t hard

Explain

Pettis' top four games of 2017: @ Oregon State, Fresno State (six of his 7 td's in these 2 games), Oregon, Utah.

I'm not bashing Pettis here. Dante was the fucking man. His senior year numbers were only bad because Browning.

If you ignore Dante's 4 kick return TDs sure.

The other issue is that Fuller put up good stats the first 6 games and then disappeared.

96 yards/game first 6.
    37.5 yards/game last 8.

Thats pretty stark and obviously people's opinions are more heavily weighted towards the more recent results.

Canadawg said:

Canadawg said:

Tequilla said:

This isn’t hard

Explain

If you ignore Dante's 4 kick return TDs sure.

The other issue is that Fuller put up good stats the first 6 games and then disappeared.

96 yards/game first 6.
    37.5 yards/game last 8.

Thats pretty stark and obviously people's opinions are more heavily weighted towards the more recent results.
    Yeah this analysis is strictly as a receiver obviously. Dante's the GOAT punt returner. Fuller should never touch another punt.

And I agree the recency bias is strong here. I think the distribution was more random than anything, unless he was dealing with an injury down the stretch or something which I suppose would make sense since the Rose Bowel was his best game of the second half.

My biggest points are a) Browning was a bigger handicap than even most of us recognize b) Fuller faded late but that fade had nothing to do with level of competition.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 100,682
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Gary Kubiak

Gary Collins (1960s Browns)

Drawing a blank on great players named Gary