Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

WILL MOTHERFUCKING DISSLY

13»

Comments

• GladstoneGladstone Member Posts: 16,419
    He's out and done with football if Sample doesn't go down last year. Funny to think about now. Should have been used a lot more, in hindsight.
  • Jack_CobraJack_Cobra Member Posts: 246
    Gladstone said:

He's out and done with football if Sample doesn't go down last year. Funny to think about now. Should have been used a lot more, in hindsight.

Man, I can't help but feel that Sample is being under utilized in the passing game.
  • DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,545 Founders Club
    All of our TEs seem to be forever underutilized.
    At least Browning would take shots at black beast.
  • creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,966
    Gladstone said:

Preach. To. The. Choir.

My favorite program has had about 20 of these players over the last 10 or so years.

Really? You couldn't find a role in college for Devin Hester besides returning kicks and punts? Sam Shields didn't work out as a corner in the ACC but somehow got to Green Bay, beat out a four-year starter as a rookie, won a super bowl, made the pro bowl and has 23 picks as an NFL starter? But somehow he couldn't crack the two deeps at corner at Miami? Really? Ok. Jimmy Graham wasn't your first option in the passing game against ACC linebackers and safeties? He was uncoverable his first 5+ years in the NFL but somehow he wasn't likely to beat single coverage EVERY FUCKING TIME against Georgia Tech? Gotcha.

The list goes on. There have been so many guys who were 'meh' at Miami and then somehow I start hearing their names every week in the NFL. Sure, some of it was, no doubt, guys mailing it in for free and then playing for the $$. That happens. But that's a risky approach since you're not getting drafted super high for mailing it in. Probably the best example from Miami I can think of is Calais Campbell. Guy was never more than serviceable at Miami. Got drafted high on measurables (I have to think; it sure wasn't dominance as a Cane), and then blew up immediately as a pro. I barely noticed him at Miami and he was dominant in the League for years and is still playing. WTF dude? ACC O lines should have been child's play for him. How does this happen?

You see some guy kicking ass on Sundays and you're like, "Dude, if you gave me 3/4s of that level of play in college we have another title."