Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

PI call at the end of the MNF game last night

Your thoughts?

Terrible call. I hate the Patriots so I enjoyed every second of it after they pulled the flag but that was pretty awful.

Comments

• dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326
    edited November 2013
    It was an awful call but I hate the Patriots so I loved it. The belicheck press conference was fucking priceless
  • CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,499
    I missed the Bellicheck/Brady post game but Skip Bayless wanted to kill somebody.
  • MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member Posts: 37,781
    I think the nation is outraged and it has legs, but will not stand.
  • dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326
    TBH the patriots lost the game with that pass play call on third and 1. Sark like
  • greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,332
    I wouldn't have thought twice about it if it didn't look like a reinactment of Brokeback Mountain. Race and iDawg would have noticed the sexual tension. If their was shoving, or grappling for position, I get that. However, it looked as though the defender had more interest in Gronks tonsils than the football.
  • Homebrew_DawgHomebrew_Dawg Member Posts: 1,650
    It was the right non-call. The ball was so severely under thrown as to be not catch-able. I agree the receiver was held/interfered with, but there would have been no way to make a play on the ball without committing offensive PI on the defender who intercepted the pass.

It was the right non-call. The ball was so severely under thrown as to be not catch-able. I agree the receiver was held/interfered with, but there would have been no way to make a play on the ball without committing offensive PI on the defender who intercepted the pass.

I agree that the DB who intercepted it would have still probably intercepted the ball but it still doesn't take away the fact that the linebacker took away Gronk's (I like to call him that) ability to make some sort of play on the ball.
  • Homebrew_DawgHomebrew_Dawg Member Posts: 1,650

I agree that the DB who intercepted it would have still probably intercepted the ball but it still doesn't take away the fact that the linebacker took away Gronk's (I like to call him that) ability to make some sort of play on the ball.
    Nor does it take away Brady's throw was "fucking brutal."
  • topdawgnctopdawgnc Member Posts: 7,838

Sven, what do the NBA refs say?
  • TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    topdawgnc said:

Sven, what do the NBA refs say?
    You can't use the uncatchable card on this one when the receiver is totally impeded from coming back to the ball.

It's highly likely that the defender would have intercepted regardless, but there's no way of knowing that Gronk can't make a play.

That play is flagged early and often in the game and no one cares. The officials fell victim to the "last play syndrome" that pollutes the NBA. NFL officials are supposed to make the same calls regardless of game situation.
    The key word here is that Gronk was interferred with to "make a play" on the ball not "catch" the ball. He could have disrupted the interception at the very least if he was able to back to it. So the flag thrown was correct and the Patriots should have gotten 1 more shot. It isn't a gurantee that NE would have scored though as the Panthers have a great front 7.