Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

HE’S BACK! Obama refers to himself 102 times during 64-minute speech

Comments

• Options
    BennyBeaverBennyBeaver Member Posts: 13,333
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Has there ever been an emptier platitude than this event?
  • Options
    SledogSledog Member Posts: 30,631
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Obama built everything. Just ask him.
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,769
    Weak.

At $500k per speech, BHO needs to pace at $5k per self gratification.

He only came in at $4900 this round.

Be better.
  • Options
    BennyBeaverBennyBeaver Member Posts: 13,333
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Unlike Cheeto, am I right?
  • Options
    2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

Weak.

At $500k per speech, BHO needs to pace at $5k per self gratification.

He only came in at $4900 this round.

Be better.

Sounds like he's winning. You hate success now?
  • Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    Swaye's Wigwam

I(!) said several years ago that Obama probably becomes the wealthiest post-term president ever. I was right.

At some point I think he’s made enough. I think somewhere around, say $250k?

It would be interesting to see what would happen if a bill were introduced that required politicians to pay a tax of 100% on their net worth over and above what would be the average return for the S&P 500 a year while they are in office. So If a politician is elected and is worth $500k, and the S&P did 10%, anything over $50k that taxed at 100%. Any income after they leave office that is from books, speeches, lobbying, or anything directly related to their time in office is taxed at 90%. They didn’t build that. The taxpayers did.

Of course that would never happen. The days of politicians becoming multi millionaires off the political positions will never end. Cronyism.
  • Options
  • Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    Swaye's Wigwam
  • Options
    SoutherndawgSoutherndawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,233
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Founders Club

He’s a cuck

A vapid empty suit who reads a mean teleprompter and stirs a thrill up Chris Mathews' leg.
  • Options
    TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,739
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

He’s a cuck

A vapid empty suit who reads a mean teleprompter and stirs a thrill up Chris Mathews' leg.
    I own that I voted for him twice, and he was a massive disappointment that history will be unkind to. This type of speech is gasoline on the fire of his already burning legacy. He should just stop stoking the flames, but his skinny-guy ego needs to be fed in the most "Please Don't Forget Me" sort of way.

He also realizes the truth of the fact that even a fat, cheeto-skinned philanderer who doesn't give a shit about much of anything is already a better President than he ever was. These speeches are classic punching-up efforts to preserve the relevance of an otherwise irrelevant person.
  • Options
    SFGbobSFGbob Member Posts: 31,920
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    edited September 2018

He’s a cuck

I own that I voted for him twice, and he was a massive disappointment that history will be unkind to. This type of speech is gasoline on the fire of his already burning legacy. He should just stop stoking the flames, but his skinny-guy ego needs to be fed in the most "Please Don't Forget Me" sort of way.

He also realizes the truth of the fact that even a fat, cheeto-skinned philanderer who doesn't give a shit about much of anything is already a better President than he ever was. These speeches are classic punching-up efforts to preserve the relevance of an otherwise irrelevant person.
    Don't take this as an attack on you, it's just a great illustration on how Obama won. People saw in him whatever they wanted to see. I recall having conversations with people back in 2008 who were convinced that Obama was going to lower the budget deficit and finally start the to fight the "real" war in Afghanistan while getting us out of Iraq.

Now how you voted for him the second time is the real mystery.
  • Options
  • Options
    SquirtSquirt Member Posts: 485
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment Name Dropper
    Sledog said:

You seem like the type of poaster who is willing to engage in open, honest debate about ideas.

What are your thoughts on the best time, from a macroeconomic perspective, to cut taxes--during economic expansion or recession?
  • Options
    Squirt said:

Sledog said:

You seem like the type of poaster who is willing to engage in open, honest debate about ideas.

What are your thoughts on the best time, from a macroeconomic perspective, to cut taxes--during economic expansion or recession?
    Anytime. Can we discuss global geopolitical stabilization and nuking the middle east while we are at it?