Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Who is left?

QB - We're done. We got the white wonder. I like Morris a lot, though. I think he is basically what people think Jake is.

RB - We're probably done unless Michigan comes unglued and we get back in it with Charbonnet, which will never happen because nothing I ever want to happen happens.

WR - Ford, Ngata, McCoy... our best shot of these three is a guy who is committed to Clemson. So... yeah.

TE - Foskey, Brad Archer... I don't believe we can get Foskey (he's black and Paopao is recruiting) and I think we are going to get Brad Archer because why wouldn't we? He's fine.

OL - With Kalepo, Buelow and now Fautanu (as well as Luciano), I think we might try and take one more. Rhyan's name won't go away, and with the way Huff is recruiting, I can't say it will never happen, but it will never happen. Vihami seems unlikely.

DL - Bandes, Pa'ama, Tuitele and Ngalu right now. Ika is the only serious target left and I've heard the coaches feel like they are in a good position. Malloe is close with the coach of East (Matich) and I think they have some tricks up their sleeve.

OLB - I think Latu is our only shot. It wouldn't surprise me to see us offer Orin Patu.

ILB - Heimuli or bust. Possible that we'd try and snag Travion Brown who I like a lot.

DB - We are just swinging for the fences here: McDuffie seems like a guy who we could potentially have a shot with, though he's probably not coming here.

OVERALL: After we lose 7-8 games this year the class will fall apart.

Comments

• FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    whlinder said:

Only 7-8 games? 0-12 is our current pace.

Perfection
  • PassionPassion Member Posts: 4,622
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment

OLB - I think Latu is our only shot. It wouldn't surprise me to see us offer Orin Patu.

ILB - Heimuli or bust. Possible that we'd try and snag Travion Brown who I like a lot.

WTF? Why are we so inept at recruiting these positions? Every fucking year.

• HillsboroDuckHillsboroDuck Member Posts: 9,186
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Passion said:

This LB class is going to be very good, great if we can get Latu.
  • FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    Passion said:

Kawasaki has hard time relating to kids
  • PassionPassion Member Posts: 4,622
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment

Passion said:

Heimuli is almost certainly coming and he’s the best LB in the West. When you add him to Ah You and Tuputala I feel great about that class.

Latu, Trice - that’s where the worry is.
    Agreed. I over-stepped including ILBs.
  • SquirtSquirt Member Posts: 485
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment Name Dropper

Heimuli is almost certainly coming and he’s the best LB in the West. When you add him to Ah You and Tuputala I feel great about that class.

It doesn't matter that we missed out on Kaho last year because he wasn't that great anyway and we're in the pole position for Reuben Foster for this year's class.
  • kh83kh83 Member Posts: 596
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment Name Dropper
    So DDY, of our current commits and targets, who are the "level up, beat Bama" recruits? Been awhile since I've seen the DDY 1-2-3 scale applied.
  • BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    edited September 2018

Baseman said:

Passion said:

Latu, Trice - that’s where the worry is.
    Let’s get them signed, eligible and practicing first. Until Gregory and Kwat deliver a noteworthy player, I’m skeptical. For this team to win meaningful games and contend nationally we can’t punt on any position group. Will this year be different?

Jake Browning sucks ass, I think we all agree, but a dominant defense can overcome some of his shit. Right now we have a very good defense but we are missing the difference makers in the LB core to make this a great defense.

I’ll give Pete credit for adding Lubbick, Huff, and doing what it takes to keep Malloe and Lake. What’s Bob Gregory’s contribution right now? Strausser had a good rep for development but couldn’t stay because he couldn’t recruit. Make or break time for Gregory.

I’ve watched Husky football for 40 years and Jaws Kirkland, if he stays healthy and with Tray’s fragile health, might be the best OL this school will produce. Victors ass and thighs scream SEC. Last year’s class and this incoming group will give the Huskies the best OL Corp since the early Lambo years.

The receivers look great so far. Ty Jones and Fuller stepped up against a big boy defense. Kudos to Lubbick who developed them this offseason, as well as flipping Yankoff. Lots of good projectible depth behind the current receivers, too.

Malloe has been a boss, both in recruiting and development. Losing Marlon hurt but that guffaw appears to be a blip. Malloe has definitely learned from it. I won’t jinx him but if he locks up the names in his class, fucking A Rover.

Lake continues being Lake. The talent he’s stacked is absurd. The DBs had a down game against Auburn much though due to softer coverage because Lake pressed the LBs forward, over committing to the run. Outside of the ball over Miller, the DBs bent but didn’t break.

I’m not jazzed about Haener. If he’s truly the number two he should play the entire second half on Saturday. At some point this year Pete’s going to have a decision to make. If it’s not Haener then move on to Yankoff.

You realize Yankoff is a distant fourth right now behind Jake, Haner and Sirm.

And of course we need to see more from Greg and Kwat. Greg has been a par or +1 recruiter; but Kwat has been a double bogey recruiter.
    Using your golf analogy, where do you put Lake and Mallory?

Also, from a source with knowledge of the offense had Sirmon and Yankoff about even, Yankoff maybe slightly ahead. I’ll defer to you.

Whatever the case, Pete needs a contingency plan this year. If he doesn’t, that tells me all I need to know.
  • TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,813
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    What decision does Pete have to make with Haener? Struggling to understand what that one is
  • animateanimate Member Posts: 4,230
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Tequilla said:

What decision does Pete have to make with Haener? Struggling to understand what that one is

Whether to play him more in garbage time ... because his mom is hot?
  • DomicilloDomicillo Member Posts: 3,025
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Roof’s got a “mystery guy” pegged for a visit and commitment on the 29th, but she won’t be saying anything.....sure. My assumption is that is Archer and was asked not to say anything yet since he still needs to decommit from Cal.
  • HUSKYFANATICHUSKYFANATIC Member Posts: 1,651
    Domicillo said:

Roof’s got a “mystery guy” pegged for a visit and commitment on the 29th, but she won’t be saying anything.....sure. My assumption is that is Archer and was asked not to say anything yet since he still needs to decommit from Cal.

Fuck that means Ford
  • DomicilloDomicillo Member Posts: 3,025
    edited September 2018

Domicillo said:

Fuck that means Ford
    Nah, she noted the following visits:

Kyle Ford — this weekend
    Bru McCoy — the 22nd
    Bralen Trice — the 29th

And then also mentioned a mystery recruit whose visiting on the 29th and will be committing. Maybe I’m wrong and it’s not Archer, but it’s definitely not one of the other three listed.