Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Hey, I have some honest questions to all lurking Dawgman and Pro-Sark people

GladstoneGladstone Member Posts: 16,419
edited November 2013 in Hardcore Husky Board
1. Sarkisian himself has stated that the standard for him is Rose Bowls and championships. How do you reconcile Sark's own comments with your belief that he shouldn't be fired?

2. Woodward is on record saying that he "obviously" expects better than 7-6 this year. How do you reconcile our AD's own expectations with your belief that he shouldn't be fired?

3. What does Sarkisian do well? What do we hang our hats on if we're going to go forward with him? Remember that every BCS-winning coach not named Frank Beamer established himself as a top tier guy (11 wins and/or Conference Championship) in four years. What do we point to as evidence that he's remotely near turning a corner? Where can we look and say 'wow maybe he isn't what his record says he is'? What does the evidence tell you that it doesn't tell us?

What aspect of his coaching is elite and worthy of this program?

Recruiting?
No. Good skill position recruiting mixed with the complete OL failure = average.
Toughness?
No. Our teams rarely, if ever, have imposed their will on other teams in the 2nd half. We try to be both finesse and tough at certain times and accomplish neither.
Penalties and discipline?
No. We have consistently ranked in the bottom in the conference in penalties and boneheaded plays.
Fundamentals?
No. Wilcox's arrival cleaned up some form tackling issues, but there are still far too many missed tackles, lazily ran routes, failure to engage blocks, and many other fundamental failures.
Success against PNW rivals?
No. An embarrassing 0-5 against Oregon with five blowouts. 2-2 against Oregon State. 3-1 against WSU including one of the most inexcusable meltdown losses in program history.
Offensive identity?
No. We aren't a power football team. We aren't a spread team. We aren't a fun-and-gun. Sark first tried to emulate the balanced USC offensive approach, but defaulted to the pass at any adversity. He then tried incorporating spread principles. Now this year he has tried to implement the Oregon spread, with mixed results.
Special teams?
No. Some of the worst nationally, as a matter of fact.
Clock management?
No. Sark getting booed at halftime in his own stadium is reason enough.
Tangible yearly improvement?
No. 4-5, 5-4, 5-4, 5-4, 3-X
Play on road?
No. A disgrace. 7-19, most wins against crap opponents.
Playcalling?
No. Actually, given his reputation I'd label him a complete failure as a playcaller. Exhibit #2389, from the UCLA game: 4th and 2 - instead of giving the ball to his superstar tailback, one of the best to ever attend UW, he has his freshman QB throw a very tough slant route in traffic. With predictable results.
Week to week gameplanning?
No. Many have commented that he was a "scared" playcaller against Oregon in 2011 and 2013. Lots of whimpy lateral passes and panicked decisions. Refusal to commit to the run game has had wide-ranging disastrous consequences, from the 52-17 desert beatdown to the Apple Cup meltdown choke.
Quality assistant coaches?
No. All but two of his original coaching crew has been fired. The remaining two, Cozetto and Nansen, are much maligned, even by Sark supporters. Wilcox has brought the defense from NCAA worst to slightly above average. Check the statistics. Hardly elite.
Kids sent to the NFL?
No. Right in the middle of the conference.
Eloquence?
No. He gives off a frat boy/slacker stoner vibe in his interviews. Sort of the anti-Willingham in this respect. "What a great week to be a Huuuusky, man! How you doin' brah? Bro be my friend on facebook, why wouldn't my players be my friends on facebook? You there bro?"
Integrity?
No. First, that our coach be someone of integrity should be assumed, not praised. Second, there is enough smoke out there about him now to safely put him out of the 'elite' category when it comes to integrity.

What is it? What aspect of his coaching makes you excited?

Comments

• Yea the Doogs best argument for keeping Sark seems to be "Who would you hire instead?" and "What if we hire someone worse?". Not even the Doogs can come up with reasons to retain him.
  • Yea the Doogs best argument for keeping Sark seems to be "Who would you hire instead?" and "What if we hire someone worse?". Not even the Doogs can come up with reasons to retain him.

If you can't find anyone better, fire Woodward.
    That's typically when the twitter argument goes dead. It really does back them into a corner.
  • HeretoBeatmyChestHeretoBeatmyChest Member Posts: 4,295
    Fantastic poast.
  • PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 25,743 Swaye's Wigwam

Dude. I'm digging the new stadium.. maybe we can pass the hat and get ol' Uncle Woody a christmas card or two.

LEAVE!
  • loadsockloadsock Member Posts: 686

Dude. I'm digging the new stadium.. maybe we can pass the hat and get ol' Uncle Woody a christmas card or two.

As do we all. Most on here don't, however, dig the results on the field for reasons that you're too fucking chicken shit to address.

Maybe if you weren't in such awe at all the lipstick, you'd see that the pig is still looking pretty ugly.

• death2ducksdeath2ducks Member Posts: 991
    Woodward has said that he learned that the lame duck year was a mistake. He hasn't been timid in firing other coaches in other sports. Let's just hope he doesn't forget it.
  • death2ducksdeath2ducks Member Posts: 991
    edited November 2013
  • trackertracker Member Posts: 866
    Gladstone said:

1. Sarkisian himself has stated that the standard for him is Rose Bowls and championships. How do you reconcile Sark's own comments with your belief that he shouldn't be fired?

2. Woodward is on record saying that he "obviously" expects better than 7-6 this year. How do you reconcile our AD's own expectations with your belief that he shouldn't be fired?

3. What does Sarkisian do well? What do we hang our hats on if we're going to go forward with him? Remember that every BCS-winning coach not named Frank Beamer established himself as a top tier guy (11 wins and/or Conference Championship) in four years. What do we point to as evidence that he's remotely near turning a corner? Where can we look and say 'wow maybe he isn't what his record says he is'? What does the evidence tell you that it doesn't tell us?

What aspect of his coaching is elite and worthy of this program?

Recruiting?
    No. Good skill position recruiting mixed with the complete OL failure = average.
    Toughness?
    No. Our teams rarely, if ever, have imposed their will on other teams in the 2nd half. We try to be both finesse and tough at certain times and accomplish neither.
    Penalties and discipline?
    No. We have consistently ranked in the bottom in the conference in penalties and boneheaded plays.
    Fundamentals?
    No. Wilcox's arrival cleaned up some form tackling issues, but there are still far too many missed tackles, lazily ran routes, failure to engage blocks, and many other fundamental failures.
    Success against PNW rivals?
    No. An embarrassing 0-5 against Oregon with five blowouts. 2-2 against Oregon State. 3-1 against WSU including one of the most inexcusable meltdown losses in program history.
    Offensive identity?
    No. We aren't a power football team. We aren't a spread team. We aren't a fun-and-gun. Sark first tried to emulate the balanced USC offensive approach, but defaulted to the pass at any adversity. He then tried incorporating spread principles. Now this year he has tried to implement the Oregon spread, with mixed results.
    Special teams?
    No. Some of the worst nationally, as a matter of fact.
    Clock management?
    No. Sark getting booed at halftime in his own stadium is reason enough.
    Tangible yearly improvement?
    No. 4-5, 5-4, 5-4, 5-4, 3-X
    Play on road?
    No. A disgrace. 7-19, most wins against crap opponents.
    Playcalling?
    No. Actually, given his reputation I'd label him a complete failure as a playcaller. Exhibit #2389, from the UCLA game: 4th and 2 - instead of giving the ball to his superstar tailback, one of the best to ever attend UW, he has his freshman QB throw a very tough slant route in traffic. With predictable results.
    Week to week gameplanning?
    No. Many have commented that he was a "scared" playcaller against Oregon in 2011 and 2013. Lots of whimpy lateral passes and panicked decisions. Refusal to commit to the run game has had wide-ranging disastrous consequences, from the 52-17 desert beatdown to the Apple Cup meltdown choke.
    Quality assistant coaches?
    No. All but two of his original coaching crew has been fired. The remaining two, Cozetto and Nansen, are much maligned, even by Sark supporters. Wilcox has brought the defense from NCAA worst to slightly above average. Check the statistics. Hardly elite.
    Kids sent to the NFL?
    No. Right in the middle of the conference.
    Eloquence?
    No. He gives off a frat boy/slacker stoner vibe in his interviews. Sort of the anti-Willingham in this respect. "What a great week to be a Huuuusky, man! How you doin' brah? Bro be my friend on facebook, why wouldn't my players be my friends on facebook? You there bro?"
    Integrity?
    No. First, that our coach be someone of integrity should be assumed, not praised. Second, there is enough smoke out there about him now to safely put him out of the 'elite' category when it comes to integrity.

What is it? What aspect of his coaching makes you excited?

Well, he did hit the cross-bar, so, there's always that.

• sarktasticsarktastic Member Posts: 9,208

ANY AD was going to build that stadium. Hth.

• sarktasticsarktastic Member Posts: 9,208

Doesn't matter.. Woody bought a stadium on steel clearance prices. Sarkisian is headed to 9 wins!.

BOO YAH!

Never mind the fact he came in $87 million over budget.

and... The judges will accept 6 wins honey boo boo
  • puppylove_sugarsteelpuppylove_sugarsteel Member Posts: 9,133
    Great post dude. Finally a worthy read on this fucktarded board.
  • puppylove_sugarsteelpuppylove_sugarsteel Member Posts: 9,133
    You forgot Sark wiffed on local talent though.
  • greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,332
    I thought all the talent was in California. Staff True?
  • GladstoneGladstone Member Posts: 16,419
    I'm still waiting for someone to reply and tell me what exactly it is about Sark's coaching I should get excited about. When he arrived he was The Best Playcaller In The Country™, but that's definitely been proven untrue. His teams are whimpy, error-prone, schizophrenic, and unremarkable in every which way.
  • LawDawg1LawDawg1 Member Posts: 3,825
    Gladstone said:

I'm still waiting for someone to reply and tell me what exactly it is about Sark's coaching I should get excited about. When he arrived he was The Best Playcaller In The Country™, but that's definitely been proven untrue. His teams are whimpy, error-prone, schizophrenic, and unremarkable in every which way.

He's the best playcaller in the cuntry but yet had to copy Oregon's offense just a few years later....
  • NeGgaPlEaSeNeGgaPlEaSe Member Posts: 5,729
    Fuck fetters could have called plays at USC with Reggie Bush, Mike Williams, Palmer, Leinhart and company