Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

2000 Miami Game, QB contrast etc

2»

Comments

• YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 34,974 Founders Club

People have really forgotten how good Larry Triplett was. Never see his name mentioned here.

Vontoure may have been the most confident player in the stadium that day. He harassed Dorsey on a few confer blitzes, covered well against some damn good receivers and was strong against the run. One of the most talented corners Washington has ever had. I hate what happened to him. Fucking horrible.

And Tui was Tui. Winners win.

Working against Miami: a hobbled Santana Moss, a loud stadium, a nervous and rattled Ken Dorsey and a Hc who recruited like few others but wasn't known to be a great game-day tactician. Should have run more to get Dorsey settled, and took way too long to get Portis in the game. Guarantee you Pete makes that adjustment earlier.

That all said, the 2000 crew was Husky tuff on D, had a solid Oline, a star TE and an all-timer at QB. Not the biggest upset in the anals of cfb history all things considered.

People forget some of my favorite Huskies all tim were on that 2000 team, and I was one of two members (Race being the other) of the Rick fan club. I thought we? were too whinny about the beat down the next year (Hedges and Rick both), unusually so even for Washington, which as a program has a history of whining, but the 2000 team was likable. They just won.

No debate here. Tui was the shit. The kind you can't coach @RaceBannon !!!

We?

• creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,966

People have really forgotten how good Larry Triplett was. Never see his name mentioned here.

Vontoure may have been the most confident player in the stadium that day. He harassed Dorsey on a few confer blitzes, covered well against some damn good receivers and was strong against the run. One of the most talented corners Washington has ever had. I hate what happened to him. Fucking horrible.

Working against Miami: a hobbled Santana Moss, a loud stadium, a nervous and rattled Ken Dorsey and a Hc who recruited like few others but wasn't known to be a great game-day tactician. Should have run more to get Dorsey settled, and took way too long to get Portis in the game. Guarantee you Pete makes that adjustment earlier.

That all said, the 2000 crew was Husky tuff on D, had a solid Oline, a star TE and an all-timer at QB. Not the biggest upset in the anals of cfb history all things considered.

People forget some of my favorite Huskies all tim were on that 2000 team, and I was one of two members (Race being the other) of the Rick fan club. I thought we? were too whinny about the beat down the next year (Hedges and Rick both), unusually so even for Washington, which as a program has a history of whining, but the 2000 team was likable. They just won.

We?

Added the requisite ?

Any moar questions?
  • YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 34,974 Founders Club

We?

Added the requisite ?

Any moar questions?
    You may have been bullied ourtside Kane Hall but you, Senor, are no Dwag.