Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

The harshest condemnation of Browning...

TTJTTJ Member Posts: 4,795
First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
...is that this was actually one of the very best games he’s played at Washington. He was less indecisive (until the final series). He converted many tough third downs in a very hostile environment. His deep balls were brisk and on target. He even ran effectively when he had to.

For me, his performance against Auburn ranks up there with his Stanford ‘16 and his Oregon ‘16. This is what peak Browning looks like. And it’s not good enough to win a playoff-type game.

Comments

• Options
    BeerThirtyBeerThirty Member Posts: 2,465
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    5 star brain Farts
  • Options
    whlinderwhlinder Member Posts: 4,332
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    The whole first quarter I’m screaming make a decision and throw the ball! Then he got better and played about as well as he can until the speed option call. Almost got a first down after the OPI and we had first and 25. Two third down conversions made, but had we failed at those the game wasn’t over. Still had time for a stop.

Once the clock got low and it was do or die, locked back up.

Are there really any teams we can’t beat with either Haener or the freshmen? Get them some experience. We’ve seen The current QB’s ceiling. Let’s find out the ceilings of the other ones.
  • Options
    GilbystaintGilbystaint Member Posts: 1,061
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

Tough as nails yet seems to brain lock. I don't think it's fear. It's terminal though

It’s like he visualizes the possible mistake before the possible success on these critical plays. By the time he processes, it is to late. I know the QB needs to be mindful but he also needs to trust and let it go.
  • Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,622
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker

TTJ said:

...is that this was actually one of the very best games he’s played at Washington. He was less indecisive (until the final series). He converted many tough third downs in a very hostile environment. His deep balls were brisk and on target. He even ran effectively when he had to.

For me, his performance against Auburn ranks up there with his Stanford ‘16 and his Oregon ‘16. This is what peak Browning looks like. And it’s not good enough to win a playoff-type game.

He should be able to do these things. We act like it's a miracle he makes any plays at all. He's started like 40 games. He choked like he always does.
    LOL

You guys have definitely succeeded in lowering the bar for browning here, that's for sure.
  • Options
    TommySQCTommySQC Member Posts: 5,813
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    whlinder said:

The whole first quarter I’m screaming make a decision and throw the ball! Then he got better and played about as well as he can until the speed option call. Almost got a first down after the OPI and we had first and 25. Two third down conversions made, but had we failed at those the game wasn’t over. Still had time for a stop.

Are there really any teams we can’t beat with either Haener or the freshmen? Get them some experience. We’ve seen The current QB’s ceiling. Let’s find out the ceilings of the other ones.

Hamner doesn't need experience. He's selling the couch after this year
  • Options
    BallzBallz Member Posts: 4,735
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs
    No shit that's what I was saying all off season. Beating Auburn would have been a surprise with Browning. The fact that UW should have won even with Browning is an encouraging sign of the future. We don't want Bama in the Playoffs again. Let's get another Pac-12 championship win and a Rose Bowl win and send this awesome Senior class out on a high note.
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary

No shit that's what I was saying all off season. Beating Auburn would have been a surprise with Browning. The fact that UW should have won even with Browning is an encouraging sign of the future. We don't want Bama in the Playoffs again. Let's get another Pac-12 championship win and a Rose Bowl win and send this awesome Senior class out on a high note.

Holy fuck you're an embarrassment. Even Doogman laughs at you.
  • Options
    LebamDawgLebamDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,558
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    whlinder said:

That only works for other teams, Alabama won a natty with a freshman QB, Auburns WR were all freshmen - We? barely played any sophs - but walkons - we are number 1
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,816
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    The encouragement is that Browning played as well as could be expected ... that’s a massive improvement vs some of the more recent opportunities that he has had

Bitching at Browning because Browning has limitations that he can’t change is FS in my mind at this point
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Tequilla said:

The encouragement is that Browning played as well as could be expected ... that’s a massive improvement vs some of the more recent opportunities that he has had

Bitching at Browning because Browning has limitations that he can’t change is FS in my mind at this point

He doesn't have to choke everytime. He also does things no QB with as much experience as he has should do.
  • Options
    dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker First Anniversary

TTJ said:

He should be able to do these things. We act like it's a miracle he makes any plays at all. He's started like 40 games. He choked like he always does.
    Lol yep. Seeing a college QB be able to beat terms with his legs once or twice on third down shouldn't be a stunner. A lot of the back shoulder completions were accurate but ducks that experienced db's make a play on. And then there were a lot of great catches by Fuller, pounds and Jones.

I would say he did a good job managing the game but the 2 turnovers were inexcusable
  • Options
    Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

TTJ said:

This. This.

The bar is set so fucking low it’s like “he converted a couple third downs!! He’s not so bad!!!”

I’ve said it all offseason, Jake is the 2007 of QBs. As long as he doesn’t go 0-12 people will defend him.