Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

My thoughts on the Bowling Green game

greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,280
First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker
edited September 2018 in Duck Refuge
Our receivers have trouble catching the football, and they often times cut routes short or round them. All in all, not a good group at all.

Oline looks great

Cj verdell has taken tbj’s starting job

Defense needs to tackle better

Our starting corners are good, backups not so much.

My biggest takeaway...the lack of penalties. I think we finished with 2 penalties tonight, which is about 9 less than what we averaged last year. The team is more disciplined which I like, but the talent isn’t quite there yet.

Comments

• Options
    oregonblitzkriegoregonblitzkrieg Member Posts: 15,288
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Cristobal slashing the penalties was the biggest takeaway. Suggests he has the program well under control so far.
  • Options
    MikeSeaverMikeSeaver Member Posts: 4,405
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    didn’t like that they didn’t come out with any intensity. Seems like it’s the least a team can do under a new coach whom THEY voted for and as payback to themselves and the staff for shitting the bed against Boise.

Don’t have the players to do anything of significance.

Really wanted to see the defense come out and dominate but whatever.

All I’m expecting this year is to see the program set a course and a personality to lead us into our dark despot led future.

We’ve already seen the greatest offense we’ll ever see at Oregon. Would like to see a defensive juggernaut emerge just for something a little different.

Fuck it. I basically would like to look forward to watching at least one side of the ball operate at a furiously high level.

• Options
    blackmambablackmamba Member Posts: 184
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Name Dropper 5 Awesomes
    Play calling was better, wr's suck. Should have had 70+.

Not ready to beat the big boys yet, but there is promise....
  • Options

didn’t like that they didn’t come out with any intensity. Seems like it’s the least a team can do under a new coach whom THEY voted for and as payback to themselves and the staff for shitting the bed against Boise.

All I’m expecting this year is to see the program set a course and a personality to lead us into our dark despot led future.

We’ve already seen the greatest offense we’ll ever see at Oregon. Would like to see a defensive juggernaut emerge just for something a little different.

Fuck it. I basically would like to look forward to watching at least one side of the ball operate at a furiously high level.

Real quooks don't believe in limits. Always aim to surpass your previous best or GTFO.
  • Options
    BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    There’s no days off in the 45 day challenge. There’s no slow starts. Noooo. What day is it Carl(strictly bench material)!?!?!?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    MikeSeaverMikeSeaver Member Posts: 4,405
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes

Real quooks don't believe in limits. Always aim to surpass your previous best or GTFO.
    Well I don’t think we need to surpass it to be legit again.

And I’m not going to have any outcome on the offense anyway so...

• Options

It's a culture thing. Quook culture. Be elite even in your thinking or warm the bench.
  • Options
    greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,280
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker

It's a culture thing. Quook culture. Be elite even in your thinking or warm the bench.
    Your definition of a quook is different than mine.
  • Options
    Mosster47Mosster47 Member Posts: 6,246
    I was at a Vandy game so I didn't see any of it, but just looking at the stats they treated this game like a scrimmage. The ball got spread around to everyone and the D played a ton of bodies.

I like this approach. If you have three can't lose games you might as well develop as many guys as you can.

Next week will look the same as will the following week.
  • Options
    DJDuckDJDuck Member Posts: 5,970
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    I was at Bowling Green Game it #3 son.

-The lack of penalties was great to see
    -Our Young running backs are awesome
    -Herbert was even better than his stats
    -DB play was inconsistent. They made great plays and then missed an assignment. Amadi is the only senior I believe mostly sophomores with a few freshmen, they will learn. Amadi, Graham, Breeze played well
    -Hollins, Troy Dye, Scott, Faoliu, Jelks are beasts
    -Jalen Redd is a weapon
    -Both Taj and TBJ had their amazing moments
  • Options

Mosster47 said:

I was at a Vandy game so I didn't see any of it, but just looking at the stats they treated this game like a scrimmage. The ball got spread around to everyone and the D played a ton of bodies.

I like this approach. If you have three can't lose games you might as well develop as many guys as you can.

Next week will look the same as will the following week.

you must have a lot of hate for your own life
    Nashville is bad ass and the area on 21st by the campus is awesome.
  • Options
    ntxduckntxduck Member Posts: 5,517
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    DJDuck said:

-DB play was inconsistent. They made great plays and then missed an assignment. Amadi is the only senior I believe mostly sophomores with a few freshmen, they will learn. Amadi, Graham, Breeze played well
    -Jalen Redd is a weapon

Jalen Redd is a weapon? Weapons can catch the ball.

Tbj looked awful. What was his amazing moment?
  • Options
    DJDuck said:

-Jalen Redd is a weapon

Oh WOW! Everyone looked good in a win by five scores? This is BIG news!
  • Options
    DJDuckDJDuck Member Posts: 5,970
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    edited September 2018
    Yes Jaylon Redd is a great weapon. That you know nothing about Oregon's personnel. Keep that thought as Oregon goes through their season. You will find yourself as someone that made an ignorant statement because of miscues in the 1st game. Yea great recievers have never dropped a pass. He had some great catches too. The other thing other thing is that he can play multiple positions.