Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Fire Sark Chant?

Ala Lane Kiffin at the end of the Wazzu game?

For the Apple Cup, I'm gonna be in the student section with a HS classmate who now goes to UW. Was wondering if anyone thought getting this chant going is possible.

If When they lost to Or St next week, an Apple Cup loss would be a boiling point, no?

Worked pretty well for USC.

If the Cougs are up 14+ and are about to score, taking a knee, etc. it would seem an opportune time to start it.

Maybe the fans are too pussy.

Just throwing options out there.

Comments

• ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325
    I'm not even going to be there.

Have fun though.
  • GladstoneGladstone Member Posts: 16,419
    God, that would be awesome. We tried this in the student section during Apple Cup 2007 without much success. We were even accused of not being true UW fans.

Then the ending happened and people apologized and agreed with us. And then came Hawaii. And still Ty was retained. Sigh.
  • section8section8 Member Posts: 1,581
    How much is it to have a plane tow a Fire Sark banner around above the stadium? Might even get that on TV if the timing was right.
  • PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 25,742 Swaye's Wigwam
    section8 said:

How much is it to have a plane tow a Fire Sark banner around above the stadium? Might even get that on TV if the timing was right.

not sure, but I got 20 of Sven's dollars to pitch in
  • Mad_SonMad_Son Member Posts: 10,174
    It will be possible if we lose to OSU and we lose appropriately in the Apple Cup. A loss that doogs blame on the refs will make them support Sark. A blow out , some sort of big gaff that causes us to lose a close game,etc will get people on board.
  • SweatpantsGeneralSweatpantsGeneral Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,108 Swaye's Wigwam

For the Apple Cup, I'm gonna be in the student section with a HS classmate who now goes to UW. Was wondering if anyone thought getting this chant going is possible.

If When they lost to Or St next week, an Apple Cup loss would be a boiling point, no?

If the Cougs are up 14+ and are about to score, taking a knee, etc. it would seem an opportune time to start it.

I'll call in from in front of my 52" with a Lewis County Hairdresser and my coonhound (T's and P's) Put me on speaker phone and I'll join in.

I've gone full Sven. FML.

• unfrozencavemanunfrozencaveman Member Posts: 2,303
    section8 said:

This has been discussed and is in the works. 3 pronged attack - website, aerial advertising (approx $1-$2K), & relentless bombing of local radio/media. Chants @ the Apple Cup can't hurt

Here's our treetop flyer:

http://www.skysigns.com/
  • HFNYHFNY Member Posts: 4,686 Standard Supporter
    That's a good idea, especially if it's so warranted it hurts.

The banner idea is also a great idea. Depending on what happens @ Oregon State, a lot of regular fans would be in the firing mood too. I say that because in reading the Seattle Times blog and seeing facebook, people are definitely talking about the season, how it's not looking good, and anger is rising in Sarkisian's 5th year.

What about T-Shirts that say, "Woodward: It's Time For Change"?

• When we lose next week I might actually break down and call in the Honks show. So be on the lookout for "Rick from Bellingham".
  • doogsinparadisedoogsinparadise Member Posts: 9,320

When we lose next week I might actually break down and call in the Honks show. So be on the lookout for "Rick from Bellingham".

The honks after Wazzu.
  • After WSU you'll hear "You guys are trying to talk about firing the coach during the season is ridiculous. We can still win a bowl game in our next game which would give Sark his 2nd bowl win in five years something that James did with only 2 and Rick/Lambo never did"- Baird.
  • TommySQCTommySQC Member Posts: 5,813

When we lose next week I might actually break down and call in the Honks show. So be on the lookout for "Rick from Bellingham".

The honks after Wazzu.

I always liked Gary Larson though his dance after his sack of Sonny SixPack pisses me off still.

• CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,130 Founders Club

section8 said:

I think we all have 20 Sven dollars to pitch in for this effort.
  • CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,130 Founders Club
    Gladstone said:

God, that would be awesome. We tried this in the student section during Apple Cup 2007 without much success. We were even accused of not being true UW fans.

Then the ending happened and people apologized and agreed with us. And then came Hawaii. And still Ty was retained. Sigh.

In 2008, my brother started wearing a paper bag over his head at the games while I carried a "Fire Ty, Hire Mora" sign.

After Woodward announced Ty was gone but going to coach out the year, my brother made a sign that read "Fire Ty NOW"

A couple idiots said, he's already been fired but the best was at the end of the game. We took the sign down to the player's tunnel and held it up. Some Doog turns around and says, "you're hurting recruiting!" to which my brother replies, "0-7 is hurting recruiting asshole!"

Starting a chant probably won't work in the student section. It'll be mostly empty by the 4th quarter. If you hate your money and go to the game, I recommend the paper bag over your head. It'll protect your identity and you can still write a note on the back. 7-6 FOREVER!!! looks good on paper bags.
  • CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,499
    Do you have to be an insider to access this content? Can't afford the 9.99 a month at the moment although id pay $49.99 for this!
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,650

section8 said:

I think we all have 20 Sven dollars to pitch in for this effort.
    I'll throw in 1000 Weiser bucks.