Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Unfortunately we may have to get rid of Woodward to get rid of Sarkisian

HFNYHFNY Member Posts: 4,686 Standard Supporter
Will we be fighting the wrong war in trying to get Woodward to fire Sarkisian? I keep hearing that Woodward is going to give Sarkisian another year unless he goes 0-3 and ends up 6-7, which is just laughable to me that that's what it will take.

What do we do to get rid of this unambiguously crappy duo?

Comments

• TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,825
    The problem is that nobody knows what the President thinks at this point ...

Woodward is entitled to make the decision that Sark is the answer for this program going forward ...

I would hope that if he makes such a decision in the fact of overwhelming evidence that the President puts the same "results or else" criteria on Woodward for 2014.

I would like to think that Woodward is smart enough to make the decision ...

What I don't know is whether or not he has the balls to make the decision.
  • loadsockloadsock Member Posts: 686
    edited November 2013
    The head of the snake is Woodward. He's a politician and right now the only hope is that he will cover his ass first and get rid of Sark should he get any pressure. The problem is I don't think Woody's under any pressure. At least least if Sark is allowed To stick around, he needs an ultimatatum to either give up HC duties and become an OC or give up play calling and HC only. Both shitty options but then again, look where we are.
  • MisterEmMisterEm Member Posts: 6,685
    Package deal.

DOA. All three of em -including the double chin.
  • TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    How is getting rid of Woodward unfortunate?
  • unfrozencavemanunfrozencaveman Member Posts: 2,303
    PM Irishdawg if you want to cleanse the program of Poolboy - I'm hearing he's got relatives that can do the job in a timely/cost effective manner
  • HFNYHFNY Member Posts: 4,686 Standard Supporter
    Good point.

Our overriding concern is making sure that Sarkisian does not come back for 2014 since the used-car salesman schtick will be up and thousands of season ticket holders will likely desert the program. Unless we win out, Sarkisian will obviously have stalled, recruiting will dip, Pac-12 coaches will recruit hard against Sarkisian, and athletic department revenues will take a big dive. Is this what we want for 2014?

• dncdnc Member Posts: 56,650

degree of difficulty

• digitsdigits Member Posts: 1,502
    Tequilla said:

The problem is that nobody knows what the President thinks at this point ...

Woodward is entitled to make the decision that Sark is the answer for this program going forward ...

I would hope that if he makes such a decision in the fact of overwhelming evidence that the President puts the same "results or else" criteria on Woodward for 2014.

I would like to think that Woodward is smart enough to make the decision ...

What I don't know is whether or not he has the balls to make the decision.

You'd think Young would bring in his own AD, but he's got bigger problems because he hasn't done jack shit on the job for UW and the BOR is unhappy. Allegedly. Young may bring in his own AD to score some points with the Alumni, but I highly doubt it. Sounds like he's on retirement mode, collecting a fat paycheck until his contract expires 07.01.16, which seems to mean our only legit hope is for the AD to nut up. I also highly doubt that happens.