Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Kool Aid Bowl.....

....where 6-6 semi-losers go to drink their fill of FCS fantasies. What other kind of trophy or juice can the conquerors of Idaho State expect? This may be my shortest post ever as I'm running out of superlative negatives. I'm a proponent of challenging the steepest and most difficult hill available when climbing out of the abyss of defeat no matter what game you're playing at, and even though Sark's 2013 Huskies still have a slim chance of finishing this disappointing season at 9-4, the prospect of a fun trip for UW football playing athletes to another soap opera bowl game is again not a challenge of any acceptable magnitude. So what if Sark and staff get another (15) practices to squander?

I've seen where some doogs are already looking forward to 2014 with another ad nausea forecast for one of those fantasy (10)+ win break-out seasons. The Huskies could do it next year........ in flag football where toughness, strength, and control of the line-of-scrimmage is not a factor. Even though the OOC schedule in 2014 may be softer with the additional game @Hawaii, we cannot run away from the Pac-12 and the probable five in-conference games on the road which should include monsters Oregon, Arizona, and WSU, plus cupcakes Cal and CU. And getting (probably) Stanford, ASU, UCLA, and Oregon State at home in quieter, friendlier, more hospitable Husky Stadium will be a grinder, but what goes around comes around. The 2014 conference schedule will make earning the Kool Aid Bowl tougher, but doable providing Sark and staff can find more time for football in Hawaii than golf.

But what about the burrito bowl coming up on Saturday? After all those ancient past years of slobber-knocking the pumpkin heads in old rundown Parker Stadium with it's thread-bare astroturf and fire-damaged burned-out scoreboard, trips to Corvallis to play the Beavs these days are simply weird and I've stopped going. The 2013 Beavers have had a similar record so far as UW and are currently working on a three game losing streak (to Stanford, USC, and ASU). I expect that after what we did to them last year at the Clink, Mike Riley will have the Beavs ready and chomping on their flippers for revenge. Their QB-WR combo might set a new record for passing yardage against a Husky defense that only Lambright could appreciate. It's shockingly another night game and I hope OSU has a black-out for old-times sake

And what about the apple cup scheduled this year for a 12:30 pm kick-off on the day after Thanksgiving....... better known to shoppers as Black Friday. It will be the first ever trip for our sodbuster cousins to the new Husky Stadium...... that is if they can get past the first Wal-Mart they see. If anybody cares, the primary interest for us in watching this game will be to see if the Dawgs can surpass last year's all-time 18-point fourth quarter collapse....... that is they can get to the fourth quarter avoiding a total blowout by the Texas Tech Spread. If the cooglosers lose to Utah in Pullman on Saturday, they will be playing not just for the valueless apple cup, but also to get that sixth win they need to be eligible for their own Kool Aid Bowl. Such suspense is always special for AC week and let us pray the Utes lose, thus leveling the motivational table for the Dawgs going up against our worse fantasy.

Thank God..... just eleven more days and the 2013 regular season be over and suitable for flushing. then we can start bitching about the post season, recruiting, coaching change, etc.

Comments

• Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 23,569 Founders Club
  • greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,309
    What's amazing is that if UW does lose their final two games, they may finish 8th in the Pac 12. The issue with that is they wouldn't get one of the 7 guaranteed bowl spots, so they would have to hope another conference failed to qualify enough teams for their bowls to get an invite. There is a chance a 6-6 Washington doesn't make a bowl game even though about 70 teams go each year.
  • MisterEmMisterEm Member Posts: 6,685
    That scenario with a bowel - less 2013 should be fun for F3 and Kimmmay to spin.
  • TailgaterTailgater Member Posts: 1,389

What's amazing is that if UW does lose their final two games, they may finish 8th in the Pac 12. The issue with that is they wouldn't get one of the 7 guaranteed bowl spots, so they would have to hope another conference failed to qualify enough teams for their bowls to get an invite. There is a chance a 6-6 Washington doesn't make a bowl game even though about 70 teams go each year.

I believe that happened last year or the year before when one or two conferences couldn't fill their bowl commitments with 6-win bowl eligible teams....... opening the door for other bowl eligible schools who couldn't get into any of their conference's committed bowls.

• greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,309
    MisterEm said:

That scenario with a bowel - less 2013 should be fun for F3 and Kimmmay to spin.

"This is actually a good thing. Sark now has more time to focus on the future than a meaningless bowl game."

It's only meaningless because UW wasn't invited. You know damn well if UW qualifies for the Kraft Fight Hunger bowl, these morons will be pimping it like Georgia pimps a Sugar Bowl.
  • TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Awesome post, but the 2013 season ended the day Woodward decided to let Sark coach the 2013 season.
  • TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680

The SEC and B1G aren't filling their bowl slots. There will be a slot available for any bonus Pac-12 teams.
  • TailgaterTailgater Member Posts: 1,389

Awesome post, but the 2013 season ended the day Woodward decided to let Sark coach the 2013 season.

I know that some (many?) posters here feel that way, but I'm too old fashioned to change and still can only take the football season one week at a time. I couldn't be certain after watching the second game at Illinois and Sark's lone road win that the 2013 season had actually even started. Sixteen penalties, nearly all on offense, and it was obvious that Sark's new no-huddle hurry-up offense was not ready and may not get ready for the 2013 season. In that regard, you and others are correct that another season with Sark can be no season at all in terms of normal seasonal goals.

But our money is already spent by the very same AD who ripped us off by hiring Sark in the first place and therefore , we (Tailgater and crew) must take out Husky Football one week at a time and frankly fuck the season. It's very frustrating, but in so many ways the same ol' bullshit.