Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

The Athletic is Tuggin Our? Nuts

I know how bad all you fucks crave my subscription handouts. Eat up bitches!

First the predictions.

Mandel:

No. 6 Washington (+2) vs. No. 9 Auburn
At Boise State, Chris Petersen won season openers against Virginia Tech in Landover, Md., and Georgia in Atlanta. The fact this is a cross-country trip for a de facto road game won’t faze him. And I’ll take his track record over Gus Malzahn’s history of slow-starting teams. Washington 20, Auburn 14

Feldman:

No. 6 Washington (+2) vs. No. 9 Auburn
I know this is basically a home game for the Tigers, and they have a stud QB in Jarrett Stidham and a stacked D-line, but don’t underestimate the Huskies. Washington has a lot of big-game experience, a superb secondary and is very well-coached. I think this could be another shaky start to the season by a Gus Malzahn team. Washington 20, Auburn 17

Next the FREE PUB! for our? best players.

The showdown between Washington and Auburn is the first meeting between the two programs and is ranked No. 1 on my countdown of non-conference battles that will most interest scouts this fall. Arguably the highest-rated prospect in the game, Washington senior LT Trey Adams makes his much-anticipated return to the field after knee surgery and NFL scouts will be locked on his performance.

Trey Adams, LOT, Washington (Senior, 6-7, 330, 5.30, #72)

Through his first 30 starts at the college level, Adams put himself on a first-round trajectory and likely would have been the No. 1 offensive tackle on several NFL team’s draft boards last spring. However, he suffered a torn ACL in mid-October and missed the remainder of his junior season, prompting him to return to Washington for his senior year. Adams didn’t participate in spring drills, but his rehab has gone well and the plan is for him to be “close to 100-percent” for the opener against Auburn. With his hand strength, he is a bully as a run blocker and stays squared in pass protection to control rushers. While rust is expected, scouts will be glued to his progress throughout the season to see if Adams returns to form.

Myles Gaskin, RB, Washington (Senior, 5-9, 191, 4.50, #9)

Gaskin, who surprised many when he decided to bypass the NFL and return for his senior season, has a sub-200 pound frame, which lowers his ceiling as a pro player, but he has the vision and elusive feet to gash defenses. Although he isn’t a lock for the draft’s top-100 picks, Gaskin, who needs only 52 rushing yards to pass Napoleon Kaufman as the school’s all-time leading rusher, will help sway doubters with a strong performance against a tough SEC defense. Auburn redshirt senior MLB Deshaun Davis (5-11, 244, 4.70, #57), who is the heart and soul of the Tigers’ defense, will be mirroring Gaskin all game.

Other Washington draft-eligible prospects: DS Taylor Rapp, Junior (6-0, 215, 4.57, #21); ROT Kaleb McGary, Redshirt Senior (6-6, 308, 5.08, #58); DT Greg Gaines, Redshirt Senior (6-1, 321, 5.34, #99); ILB Ben Burr-Kirven, Senior (6-0, 222, 4.78, #25); DS JoJo McIntosh, Redshirt Senior (6-0, 209, 4.59, #14); DC Jordan Miller, Senior (6-1, 176, 4.54, #23); WR Chico McClatcher, Senior (5-7, 179, 4.50, #6); ILB Tevis Bartlett, Senior (6-2, 236, 4.77, #17); TE Drew Sample, Redshirt Senior (6-4, 260, 4.86, #88); QB Jake Browning, Senior (6-1, 209, 4.78, #3)

Comments