Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

What Does Trump Have, A Magic Wand?

Comments

• Options
    SledogSledog Member Posts: 30,708
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    2001400ex said:

Baseman said:

2nd quarter growth at 4.2%—Great

What’s the effect on the deficit as a % of GDP? Awesome if we see a decline. The other way, not so much. I dunno...anyone?

So anemic growth for 8 years is cool as long as you only add 10 trillion to the debt?

But over 4% growth is bad.

Welcome to Bizarre World
    I chuckle at the bizarre world comment in the same comment where you blame 10 trillion on the prior administration.
    Long term with Obunghole care it was even more. Thanks for reminding us what a totally worthless piece of shit he was.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,256
    Swaye's Wigwam
    2001400ex said:

Baseman said:

What’s the effect on the deficit as a % of GDP? Awesome if we see a decline. The other way, not so much. I dunno...anyone?

So anemic growth for 8 years is cool as long as you only add 10 trillion to the debt?

Welcome to Bizarre World
    I chuckle at the bizarre world comment in the same comment where you blame 10 trillion on the prior administration.
    So was it Bush or Trump? Why wouldn't Obama get the blame?
  • Options
    2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

2001400ex said:

Baseman said:

Welcome to Bizarre World
    Both. And Congress. Both Republican and Democrat. The wars and Medicare part D cost a shit ton. Obama had the $800 billion stimulus. A lot of the rest was reduced revenues from tax cuts and recession.

Need more information?
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I'll just keep this in mind tomorrow when you blame Trump and his tax cuts for the debt or deficit

• Options

I'll just keep this in mind tomorrow when you blame Trump and his tax cuts for the debt or deficit

Bookmark it. I'm talking direct actions. And the trend of deficits was reducing when Trump took over. He turned that into increasing deficits. While at the same time growing the economy. I can also point to a direct action of increasing the military budget $80 billion and $26 billion to Farmers. What's your point?
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    2001400ex said:

Bookmark it. I'm talking direct actions. And the trend of deficits was reducing when Trump took over. He turned that into increasing deficits. While at the same time growing the economy. I can also point to a direct action of increasing the military budget $80 billion and $26 billion to Farmers. What's your point?

• Options

2001400ex said:

This is when you know you lost the argument.
  • Options
    HoustonHuskyHoustonHusky Member Posts: 5,953
    First Anniversary First Comment Photogenic 5 Awesomes
    2001400ex said:

Baseman said:

Welcome to Bizarre World
    HondoFS is right...it was only $9.3 trillion (and a bunch of legislation that will add more...)
    2001400ex said:

You lie almost as well as BearsDontWin...they went up the last 2 years of Obama.

But still...
  • Options

2001400ex said:

Baseman said:

Welcome to Bizarre World
    HondoFS is right...it was only $9.3 trillion (and a bunch of legislation that will add more...)
    2001400ex said:

You lie almost as well as BearsDontWin...they went up the last 2 years of Obama.

But still...
    That technically it's correct. Lowest year was 15. 16 and 17 were higher. And 17, even tho 8 months under Trump, was Obama's last budget.

That being said, you can't have it both ways. You are blaming Obama for 09 and it's $1.4 trillion deficit (Bush's last budget) AND blaming Obama for 17.
  • Options
    BaphometBaphomet Member Posts: 1,511
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    The majority of that GDP growth is book sales by Trump's former aids and associates writing about what a fucking idiot he is.
  • Options
    It’s not just technically correct, it’s all the way correct. And keep moving the goalposts...
  • Options

It’s not just technically correct, it’s all the way correct. And keep moving the goalposts...

Didn't figure you'd address my second paragraph.
  • Options
    SFGbobSFGbob Member Posts: 31,920
    Standard Supporter
    2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

Baseman said:

Welcome to Bizarre World
    Both. And Congress. Both Republican and Democrat. The wars and Medicare part D cost a shit ton. Obama had the $800 billion stimulus. A lot of the rest was reduced revenues from tax cuts and recession.

Need more information?
    Absolute bullshit. In 2008, the total Federal expenditures for the year were $2.9 trillion and every conservative I knew was pissed about Bush's spending the budget deficit for FY 2008 was $458 billion. TARP and Obama stimulus spending boosted the FY 2009 budget to $3.5 trillion and a budget deficit of $1.4 trillion. If you look at the baseline budget spending from that year going forward despite the fact that both TARP and the Stimulus fraud were supposed to be single year budget items, spending after FY 2009 maintained almost the same level.

Total expenditures for FY 2010 were $3.4 trillion with a $1.3 trillion dollar deficit.

For FY $3.6 Trillion in expenditures and a budget deficit of $1.6 trillion Spending and our debt exploded under Obama. His first year in office he goosed federal spending by over a trillion dollars a year and he maintained that level of spending for every year after despite the fact that two of the biggest budget items in 2009 were supposed to be single year expenditures.

All of Obama deficit "reductions" came from just maintaining the existing level of spending while increasing taxes and the increasing revenue from an anemic economy,

• Options
    2001400ex said:

You caught me lying, now answer my next FS thought
    HondoFS...

• Options
    Standard Supporter
    2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

Baseman said:

Welcome to Bizarre World
    2001400ex said:

But still...
    That technically it's correct. Lowest year was 15. 16 and 17 were higher. And 17, even tho 8 months under Trump, was Obama's last budget.

That being said, you can't have it both ways. You are blaming Obama for 09 and it's $1.4 trillion deficit (Bush's last budget) AND blaming Obama for 17.
    The biggest additions to the 2009 budget deficit were TARP and the stimulus fraud. Which of those did Obama oppose? I'll spare you the mystery short bus; Neither.

Now why shouldn't Obama get blame for a budget deficit that was driven mainly by two polices he supported and one he signed into law?
  • Options
    SFGbob said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

Baseman said:

Welcome to Bizarre World
    2001400ex said:

But still...

The biggest additions to the 2009 budget deficit were TARP and the stimulus fraud. Which of those did Obama oppose? I'll spare you the mystery short bus; Neither.

Now why shouldn't Obama get blame for a budget deficit that was driven mainly by two polices he supported and one he signed into law?
    Tarp was Bush. Democrats pushed back and said we need more time. Bush said no, pass this. And the vast majority was spent in 2009. The stimulus however was in March of 09 and less than $50 billion was spent my the end of 09. Remember the discussion on "shovel ready projects"?
  • Options
    SFGbob said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

Baseman said:

Welcome to Bizarre World

Need more information?
    Absolute bullshit. In 2008, the total Federal expenditures for the year were $2.9 trillion and every conservative I knew was pissed about Bush's spending the budget deficit for FY 2008 was $458 billion. TARP and Obama stimulus spending boosted the FY 2009 budget to $3.5 trillion and a budget deficit of $1.4 trillion. If you look at the baseline budget spending from that year going forward despite the fact that both TARP and the Stimulus fraud were supposed to be single year budget items, spending after FY 2009 maintained almost the same level.

Total expenditures for FY 2010 were $3.4 trillion with a $1.3 trillion dollar deficit.

For FY $3.6 Trillion in expenditures and a budget deficit of $1.6 trillion Spending and our debt exploded under Obama. His first year in office he goosed federal spending by over a trillion dollars a year and he maintained that level of spending for every year after despite the fact that two of the biggest budget items in 2009 were supposed to be single year expenditures.

All of Obama deficit "reductions" came from just maintaining the existing level of spending while increasing taxes and the increasing revenue from an anemic economy,

While your numbers are mostly correct. Your analysis is fucked up. What do you think happens to entitlement spending when we have a severe recession? Do you think that had any effect on spending?

https://www.taxpolicycenter.org/statistics/federal-receipt-and-outlay-summary

Hire did Obama goose spending by a trillion?? Fuck you are dumb.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    2001400ex said:

SFGbob said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

Baseman said:

Welcome to Bizarre World
    2001400ex said:

But still...

Tarp was Bush. Democrats pushed back and said we need more time. Bush said no, pass this. And the vast majority was spent in 2009. The stimulus however was in March of 09 and less than $50 billion was spent my the end of 09. Remember the discussion on "shovel ready projects"?
    What was spent and what was allocated aren't quite the same thing now are they short bus? Did Obama oppose TARP? More Republicans opposed TARP than did Rats so why are you blaming Bush?
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    2001400ex said:

SFGbob said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

Baseman said:

Welcome to Bizarre World

Need more information?

While your numbers are mostly correct. Your analysis is fucked up. What do you think happens to entitlement spending when we have a severe recession? Do you think that had any effect on spending?

He signed into law a Stimulus fraud that added nearly $800 Billion in spending and he voted in favor of TARP.

Try to pay attention short bus.

• Options
    Standard Supporter
    2001400ex said:

SFGbob said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

Baseman said:

Welcome to Bizarre World

Need more information?

You mean the "analysis" you failed to lay a glove on?