Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Two things no one is talking about re: Allburn

dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
1. Auburn only returns 13 starters from last year's team.

2. That team lost 4 games last year.

Win this damn game Pete.

Comments

• Options
    The_Midnight_TigerThe_Midnight_Tiger Member Posts: 11
    First Comment 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    Lol remind me who the 4 teams are again ;) I forgot! also, what were they rated and which ones went to the playoffs :smiley:
  • Options
    AU2xguyAU2xguy Member Posts: 44
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment Name Dropper
    1) Who cares how many starters return? For example, some of those lost starters are on the D-line. AU rotates 8-9 there without a drop off. The starting RT was an all-conference player at another school last year. Returning starters is highly over-rated without context.

2) Half of the losses were to teams in the CFP. And that team still beat two of the four CFP participants in the regular season and was #2 in the country heading into conference championship weekend. Not like they were total dog crap. Remind me again, how many CFP teams played last season? And if we're talking 2017 losses, I present to you Arizona State.

With that, UW probably wins because we'll pull a classic Auburn move and get totally dominated on a big stage.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    AU2xguy said:

dnc said:

AU2xguy said:

1) Who cares how many starters return? For example, some of those lost starters are on the D-line. AU rotates 8-9 there without a drop off. The starting RT was an all-conference player at another school last year. Returning starters is highly over-rated without context.

2) Half of the losses were to teams in the CFP. And that team still beat two of the four CFP participants in the regular season and was #2 in the country heading into conference championship weekend. Not like they were total dog crap. Remind me again, how many CFP teams played last season? And if we're talking 2017 losses, I present to you Arizona State.

With that, UW probably wins because we'll pull a classic Auburn move and get totally dominated on a big stage.

You guys have a big advantage at QB, a strong advantage at WR, a small one at DL and a pretty big one in location of the game. We have the advantage everywhere else, including the sidelines.

Should be a good one.
    I disagree with you here on some our "advantages". The UW secondary will likely shut down our WRs for the most part. For AU to win, it will have be done primarily on the ground. The reverse is true for UW. I highly doubt they will be able to run on AU, but if Browning gets time, the secondary can be gotten.

In all seriousness, if anyone here is looking to drink prior to the game, let me know. I'll be at a bar in downtown ATL with friends that opens at 9 a.m. Would love to shoot the shit and throw a few back with folks.
    Just to clarify, I meant your WRs are better than ours, not that they're better than our secondary. If you want to get into specific matchups like that I think your take is good but we might surprise you on the ground. None of us trust Browning to beat you so if that's what has to happen we're probably screwed.
  • Options

dnc said:

AU2xguy said:

dnc said:

AU2xguy said:

You guys have a big advantage at QB, a strong advantage at WR, a small one at DL and a pretty big one in location of the game. We have the advantage everywhere else, including the sidelines.

Should be a good one.
    I disagree with you here on some our "advantages". The UW secondary will likely shut down our WRs for the most part. For AU to win, it will have be done primarily on the ground. The reverse is true for UW. I highly doubt they will be able to run on AU, but if Browning gets time, the secondary can be gotten.

In all seriousness, if anyone here is looking to drink prior to the game, let me know. I'll be at a bar in downtown ATL with friends that opens at 9 a.m. Would love to shoot the shit and throw a few back with folks.
    Just to clarify, I meant your WRs are better than ours, not that they're better than our secondary. If you want to get into specific matchups like that I think your take is good but we might surprise you on the ground. None of us trust Browning to beat you so if that's what has to happen we're probably screwed.
    I think Auburn's DL is outstanding. Running against them won't be easy. Brownshorts is going to have to get the ball to Gaskin and Ahmed in space while he's under pressure to loosen things up or we're screwed. So, we're screwed.
    Quick passes out of the backfield could be the death of us if Browning goes that route.
  • Options
    EsophagealFecesEsophagealFeces Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,464
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    AU2xguy said:

dnc said:

AU2xguy said:

Should be a good one.

Classy poast.
  • Options
    Alexis said:

AU2xguy said:

dnc said:

AU2xguy said:

Should be a good one.

Classy poast.
    I heard Auburn fans give standing ovations after losses.
    Know this is a joke, but I've seen it happen. 2009 loss vs Bama. We had no business making that game as competitive as it was.
  • Options
    GilbystaintGilbystaint Member Posts: 1,061
    AU2xguy said:

dnc said:

AU2xguy said:

Should be a good one.

Gotta love southern hospitality.