Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Which set of words best describes the current democrat party?

oregonblitzkriegoregonblitzkrieg Member Posts: 15,288
First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
Which set of words best describes the current democrat party?

Which set of words best describes the current democrat party? 10 votes

Tolerant, unprejudiced, unbigoted, broad-minded, open-minded, enlightened, permissive, free, easy-going, lenient, lax
0%
Intolerant, narrow-minded, unenlightened, puritanical, fundamentalist, undemocratic, authoritarian, repressive, totalitarian, despotic, tyrannical, draconian, oppressive
100%
SwayeDawgtonaHoustonHuskyoregonblitzkriegpawzSledogRoadTripTurdBomberUSMChawkSFGbob 10 votes

Comments

• Options
    BennyBeaverBennyBeaver Member Posts: 13,333
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
  • Options
    oregonblitzkriegoregonblitzkrieg Member Posts: 15,288
    Intolerant, narrow-minded, unenlightened, puritanical, fundamentalist, undemocratic, authoritarian, repressive, totalitarian, despotic, tyrannical, draconian, oppressive
    I got these words from the Oxford dictionary thesaurus, they're synonyms of the words 'liberal' and 'illiberal'

The voting is unanimous so far (including @YellowSnow 's non-vote, vote). The current democrat party has been described as illiberal. Also interesting is the fact that no bored democrats voted to defend the party as being liberal.

Weird and a little Orwellian that we continue to associate liberal behavior and ideas with the democrat party. Illiberal is a much better word--in more ways than one. For a party that has become ill in its ideology, behavior, tactics and worldview, it fits. The ill liberals.
  • Options
    2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Both parties are equally intolerant and fucktarded. HTH
  • Options
    BennyBeaverBennyBeaver Member Posts: 13,333
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    USMChawk said:

Both parties lie, it’s just that one party tells me lies I want to hear and the other tells me lies I’m vehemently against. I don’t believe any campaign promises and judge them by their voting record; pretty dismal results, overall.

TYFYS
  • Options
    UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,237
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Classical liberals would like their word back.
  • Options
    USMChawkUSMChawk Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,796
    Swaye's Wigwam

USMChawk said:

Both parties lie, it’s just that one party tells me lies I want to hear and the other tells me lies I’m vehemently against. I don’t believe any campaign promises and judge them by their voting record; pretty dismal results, overall.

TYFYS
    IKBMTY
  • Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,583
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Comically inept wasn't one of the choices so fuck you obk
  • Options
    SledogSledog Member Posts: 30,744
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Nazi describes them pretty well. Whatever they call the right is exactly who the dems actually are.
  • Options
    DeepSeaZDeepSeaZ Member Posts: 3,901
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Answer First Comment

Option 2 describe them both IMO.

Exactly this!
  • Options
    TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,749
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Best single word description? Whores. And not the good kind.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,327
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam