Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Severe dark days PTSD

GladstoneGladstone Member Posts: 16,419

From the awful Ferentz worship at Dawgman to the excuse-laden tropes around 'character' and 'integrity' to justify on-field inadequacy from Gilby through Sarkisian.

Thank allah Haden for this man:

Comments

• YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 34,977 Founders Club
  • Mad_SonMad_Son Member Posts: 10,169
    I have no issues with the respect for Ferentz.

He is a great fit for Iowa. He does it "right", he keeps them competitive with occasional peaks and troughs. Not everyone can be a Rose Bowl contender every year and it is good that some programs have come to terms with that and accept a level of good enough that matches the stature.
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    Mad_Son said:

He is a great fit for Iowa. He does it "right", he keeps them competitive with occasional peaks and troughs. Not everyone can be a Rose Bowl contender every year and it is good that some programs have come to terms with that and accept a level of good enough that matches the stature.

I agree with this from the Iowa perspective.

From the UW perspective the DM.c, Ferentz is a doog legend status is Section14aFS.

Just because Iowa should have low expectations doesn't mean we should.
  • GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,486 Standard Supporter
    dnc said:

Mad_Son said:

I agree with this from the Iowa perspective.

From the UW perspective the DM.c, Ferentz is a doog legend status is Section14aFS.

Just because Iowa should have low expectations doesn't mean we should.
    The REAL legend is Ferentz's agent.
  • GladstoneGladstone Member Posts: 16,419
    Mad_Son said:

Yeah my post had little really to do with Iowa specifically as a program. @dnc nailed it
  • AEBAEB Member Posts: 2,971
    I think that type of mediocrity deserves $3mm per year, right?
  • 2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457
    AEB said:

I think that type of mediocrity deserves $3mm per year, right?

Just wait until you see what Oregon State gets for their $2 million a year.