Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

If Washington was serious about their Husky brand

They would hire Jim Mora and leak the announcement just prior to kickoff as UCLA plays for another PAC-12 Championship.

Sark is lame duck. You either extend him with a raise (even at 6-6 or worse, 6-7? ... with Leach perhaps winning 8 in his 2nd year @ SSDreckship?) ... or you realize... Sometimes you just gotta let a man go.

His $5 million buyout is $1 million/ year amortized over Mora's first contract.

Pay Mora $3.6 million/yr over 5 years. Give him a rollover like Leach has. Let Mora hire his AD to get a guy focused on winning like Moos. Maximize football revenues and all programs benefit.

With incentives, that's $25 million into coaching over the next 5 years. Every recruit Mora is in on at UCLA will visit here. 1/2 will flip.

Comments

• LoneStarDawgLoneStarDawg Member Posts: 13,324
    He has a CONTRACT!
  • MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member Posts: 37,781

They would hire Jim Mora and leak the announcement just prior to kickoff as UCLA plays for another PAC-12 Championship.

Sark is lame duck. You either extend him with a raise (even at 6-6 or worse, 6-7? ... with Leach perhaps winning 8 in his 2nd year @ SSDreckship?) ... or you realize... Sometimes you just gotta let a man go.

His $5 million buyout is $1 million/ year amortized over Mora's first contract.

Pay Mora $3.6 million/yr over 5 years. Give him a rollover like Leach has. Let Mora hire his AD to get a guy focused on winning like Moos. Maximize football revenues and all programs benefit.

With incentives, that's $25 million into coaching over the next 5 years. Every recruit Mora is in on at UCLA will visit here. 1/2 will flip.

HINY might have even raised the buyout funds already. Might want to check with him.
  • sarktasticsarktastic Member Posts: 9,208
    oh... and save your Don James too classy shit.

Saban did it.
  • no_uhno_uh Member Posts: 765
    I think the key to all of this is that Woodward has to go. That's the first piece of the puzzle.
  • Haid_D_SalaamiHaid_D_Salaami Member Posts: 541
    no_uh said:

I think the key to all of this is that Woodward has to go. That's the first piece of the puzzle.

Bingo! Because if you leave Pool Boy with the keys to the short bus he'll pull a "big coup" by bringing in someone like Christensen from Wyoming.

He was a Don James guy ya know....he has great "pedigree".
  • sarktasticsarktastic Member Posts: 9,208
    Why do you hate young Jason Gesser?
  • I thought I'd never see the day where WSU has a much better A.D. and a much better head coach.

Neither can be debated either.