Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Jack Ryan

2»

Comments

• Doog_de_JourDoog_de_Jour Member Posts: 7,955
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

I loved all of Tom Clancy/Jack Ryan stuff up to Executive Orders, so I’m definitely going to check it out.

I think I fell off after Rainbow Six. I could no longer suspend disbelief after that.
    Yeah, my brother has read all of Clancy’s books (he’s a completionist) and said the quality went downhill.

*MILD SPOILERS*

I guess Jack Ryan’s son (Jack Jr.) joins some super secret, off the government books, spy agency following 9/11. So yeah, one’s suspension of disbelief would have to be ‘roided up to get through that I’d imagine.
  • GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,480
    Standard Supporter

I loved all of Tom Clancy/Jack Ryan stuff up to Executive Orders, so I’m definitely going to check it out.

I think I fell off after Rainbow Six. I could no longer suspend disbelief after that.
    Yeah, my brother has read all of Clancy’s books (he’s a completionist) and said the quality went downhill.

*MILD SPOILERS*

I guess Jack Ryan’s son (Jack Jr.) joins some super secret, off the government books, spy agency following 9/11. So yeah, one’s suspension of disbelief would have to be ‘roided up to get through that I’d imagine.
    OK, that was "The Teeth of the Tiger," that was the last one I read. Shows how memorable the later books were for me. I want to say some other main character's kid comes into the story too.
  • Doog_de_JourDoog_de_Jour Member Posts: 7,955
    Standard Supporter

*MILD SPOILERS*

OK, that was "The Teeth of the Tiger," that was the last one I read. Shows how memorable the later books were for me. I want to say some other main character's kid comes into the story too.
    Oh Lord. Does Jack Jr. befriend Admiral Greer’s kid?
  • DeepSeaZDeepSeaZ Member Posts: 3,901
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Answer First Comment

I made it through the Bear and the Dragon or whatever it was called. Actually I realized I never read Red Storm Rising. Ordered it night.

Red Storm Rising is great. Just note that it isn’t apart of the Jack Ryan universe.

Read that one at least six tims
    I tried not to laugh but failed.
  • GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,480
    Standard Supporter
    DeepSeaZ said:

I made it through the Bear and the Dragon or whatever it was called. Actually I realized I never read Red Storm Rising. Ordered it night.

Red Storm Rising is great. Just note that it isn’t apart of the Jack Ryan universe.

Read that one at least six tims
    I tried not to laugh but failed.

• GilbystaintGilbystaint Member Posts: 1,061
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Watched first episode last night. Not bad.
  • PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,656
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Decidedly m’eh. Will give it a couple more episodes.

Underbelly on Amazon Prime 100 times better.