Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Offseason Natty paying off big for Our Ducks!

Comments

• Options
    ntxduckntxduck Member Posts: 5,513
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment

Oregon is going to suck this year. No running backs what so ever. We’ve had at least one NFL back on the roster (if not 2) for like the last 18 years in a row. Guy Herbert is the worst CFB QB we’ve had in the grouping of Harrington, Clemmins, Dixon, Thomas, MM8.

I know it’s over and it never really began.

Your post was complete shit except for MM8. I like it.
    Well I was wrong about Helfrich until I was right, so we’ll see.

Also, rereading my post reminded me that I forgot to mention our receivers. that was only because I don’t know who any of them are.

People think Oregon are going to surprise everyone this year. I think they will too. They’re going to be a lot worse than we’re preparing for.

If you're disappointed in Oregon football this year, it's more of an issue with your expectations than the football team. This is an 8-4, 9-3 team, and yeah it will be funny to see the quooks online melt down after the first couple of losses.
  • Options
    MikeSeaverMikeSeaver Member Posts: 4,405
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    ntxduck said:

Oregon is going to suck this year. No running backs what so ever. We’ve had at least one NFL back on the roster (if not 2) for like the last 18 years in a row. Guy Herbert is the worst CFB QB we’ve had in the grouping of Harrington, Clemmins, Dixon, Thomas, MM8.

Also, rereading my post reminded me that I forgot to mention our receivers. that was only because I don’t know who any of them are.

People think Oregon are going to surprise everyone this year. I think they will too. They’re going to be a lot worse than we’re preparing for.

If you're disappointed in Oregon football this year, it's more of an issue with your expectations than the football team. This is an 8-4, 9-3 team, and yeah it will be funny to see the quooks online melt down after the first couple of losses.
    So you’re saying there’s no way to be disappointed in Oregon football this year as long as they win 8 games?

That’s an odd take.

• Options
    Mosster47Mosster47 Member Posts: 6,246
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    ntxduck said:

Yep. For the Ducks to win 10 games they can't have an injury, anywhere and they need a few teams on the schedule to be worse than projected.

They're really the only program on an upward trajectory in the conference in terms of talent acquisition so they will get there soon, but they aren't there yet.

Getting blown out is unacceptable as they are fairly healthy, but double digit wins is a stretch.
  • Options

ntxduck said:

So you’re saying there’s no way to be disappointed in Oregon football this year as long as they win 8 games?

That’s an odd take.

I mean if they lose 4 games by 20+ points, yeah that's disappointing. But there isn't enough veteran talent at DT, CB, RB, WR for them to realistically be any better than 9-3 unless the Pac 12 is seriously awful.
  • Options

Mosster47 said:

ntxduck said:

Yep. For the Ducks to win 10 games they can't have an injury, anywhere and they need a few teams on the schedule to be worse than projected.

They're really the only program on an upward trajectory in the conference in terms of talent acquisition so they will get there soon, but they aren't there yet.

Getting blown out is unacceptable as they are fairly healthy, but double digit wins is a stretch.
    Lol you fucking said months ago it doesn't matter who coached this team they were for sure a 10-11 wins with Herbert. Getting nervous the off season is almost over?
    Link?
  • Options
    MikeSeaverMikeSeaver Member Posts: 4,405
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    ntxduck said:

ntxduck said:

That’s an odd take.

I mean if they lose 4 games by 20+ points, yeah that's disappointing. But there isn't enough veteran talent at DT, CB, RB, WR for them to realistically be any better than 9-3 unless the Pac 12 is seriously awful.
    What the fuck?

• Options
    BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Sources said:

Mosster47 said:

Mosster47 said:

ntxduck said:

Lol you fucking said months ago it doesn't matter who coached this team they were for sure a 10-11 wins with Herbert. Getting nervous the off season is almost over?
    Link?
    https://hardcorehusky.com/discussion/48132/vegas-sure-likes-our-dwags/p2:
    First you provided this gem:

"I expect Oregon to do the same, but might win the bowl game as they'll lose two conference games and play in the gas station bowl or some garbage."

3 OOC wins, 7 conf wins = 10 wins. Moments later you doubled down:

"Oregon was the most consistent program in the conference for 25 years, had one bad year, one rebuild year, and appear ready to get back into double digit win territory on a regular basis again. That's not grandeur, that's what serious football programs do."
    Mossitor warned it might be 2019, especially if Herbert returns, before Oregon is special again.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,269
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    If Herbert is still there in 2022 watch out!
  • Options
    Sources said:

Mosster47 said:

Mosster47 said:

ntxduck said:

Link?
    https://hardcorehusky.com/discussion/48132/vegas-sure-likes-our-dwags/p2:
    First you provided this gem:

"I expect Oregon to do the same, but might win the bowl game as they'll lose two conference games and play in the gas station bowl or some garbage."

3 OOC wins, 7 conf wins = 10 wins. Moments later you doubled down:

"Oregon was the most consistent program in the conference for 25 years, had one bad year, one rebuild year, and appear ready to get back into double digit win territory on a regular basis again. That's not grandeur, that's what serious football programs do."
    Sources and Cuntwaffle have all the screenshots they need...
  • Options
    BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,485
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    Mosster just needs more time to get his reads down.
  • Options
    10 it is then. Obviously those were to troll Doogs, but why not?

The Pac-12 is absolute shit so it's not that much of an accomplishment.
  • Options
    dtddtd Member Posts: 4,042
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    No way Oregon is an 8 win team. If they don't win 10, they need to fire the whole fucking staff.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Mosster47 said:

10 it is then. Obviously those were to troll Doogs, but why not?

The Pac-12 is absolute shit so it's not that much of an accomplishment.

Yes, most people trying to troll UW fans say it's going to be hard for UO to get to a bowl game after the next two years. That was clearly just a troll poast.