Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Is the PAC 12 South greater than the PAC 12 North?

oregonblitzkriegoregonblitzkrieg Member Posts: 15,288
edited November 2013 in Hardcore Husky Board
The PAC North looked totally dominate at the beginning of the season. Then:

* ASU bent the huskies over backwards and fucked them like the Autzen Rapist. Later UCLA entered the gaping hole. Myles Jack, Hundley and Zumwalt looked impressive as each took turns pounding UW like a dirty hoe.
* Stanford lost to Utah and an energized USC.
* Oregon looks dreckish on the national stage, getting clownstomped by Stanford and struggles against a UCLA team that looks infinitely better than the one that played them in the PAC Championship game 2 years ago. And USC is capable of beating Oregon.

UCLA, USC and ASU are making a good case that the PAC South may be = to or greater than the PAC North.

Comments

• creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 23,070
    edited November 2013
    I don't know.

But Oregon Texas Tony'd ucla without Mariota huff Addison or the playbook. They ran Marshall and Tyner all over them and jack didn't do jack about it.

Let Mariota get his flat tire fixed and get back to me.
  • HeretoBeatmyChestHeretoBeatmyChest Member Posts: 4,295
    I said earlier this year that the South would be a lot better over the next 3-5 years.

UCLA, USC, UA, ASU all trending up with good coaches (USC will get one for sure). Colorado should be better the next few years and Utah has been okay.

In the North its possible that UW, UO, Stanford all trend down over the next few years. Cal is terrible. WSU will get better but WSU and OSU will never be players.
  • The Pac-12 split is going to fuck the north in the long run. It just happened to be when Oregon and Stanford were at the top of their game.

It's why the Big 12 basically broke up as all the talent/good teams were in the South.

When USC hires a good coach(especially Sumlin) they'll be the new darling out west. Oregon for all this talk about Nike didn't become the ESPN team until USC started their fall.

With USC and UCLA having good programs good luck recruiting in southern California. That is why Sark's bullshit strategy of "Fuck the Washington kids I'll just get SoCal kids" is going to crash and fucking burn.

It won't seriously start hurting us until later this decade but eventually our division will be a dreckfest while the South will rule the conference.

While they needed to do what the Big 10 did with the "Zig-Zag" to make it more even.
  • oregonblitzkriegoregonblitzkrieg Member Posts: 15,288

The Pac-12 split is going to fuck the north in the long run. It just happened to be when Oregon and Stanford were at the top of their game.

It's why the Big 12 basically broke up as all the talent/good teams were in the South.

When USC hires a good coach(especially Sumlin) they'll be the new darling out west. Oregon for all this talk about Nike didn't become the ESPN team until USC started their fall.

With USC and UCLA having good programs good luck recruiting in southern California. That is why Sark's bullshit strategy of "Fuck the Washington kids I'll just get SoCal kids" is going to crash and fucking burn.

It won't seriously start hurting us until later this decade but eventually our division will be a dreckfest while the South will rule the conference.

While they needed to do what the Big 10 did with the "Zig-Zag" to make it more even.

UCLA - Clever theft of Myles Jack. They're all up in your territory, despite the web of talent they've got in SoCal. You've got to retain those home-grown boys. Make them believe in northwest football. Jack played like he was making a statement to the state of Washington. Look what I got, mutherfuckers. You coulda had this. He didn't do that to us. He had something to say to you specifically. Take what's yours, like us and Tyner. An Oregon RB who's going to do big things. And take from others. We thieve from Texas.

Sark's never going to leave until he's forced out. You all know that. It's all cool brah, I earn a couple million a year, life's good, take it easy, enjoy the ride, I do what I'm paid to do man. I beat the teams I oughta beat. I lose to the teams we're expected to lose to. I do my job.

Clearly you need someone who'll dig back deep into the past, into your lore, your glory days, someone who's going to dig that shit up, shake off the fucking dirt, polish the iron, lift the statue and lead you back to where you belong. A strong Washington makes us all look good.
  • loadsockloadsock Member Posts: 686
    So basically what you're saying is that in a few years once the PAC 12 South is dominant over the north, then we see a split again where Stanford and Oregon get absorbed by te south and Washington and other schools head to a non AQ or The Big Sky? Fuck me to tears....
  • TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Oregon v ASU - Edge: North
    Stanford v USC - Push
    UW v UCLA - Edge: South
    OS v AZ - Push
    WSU v Utah - Edge: North
    Cal v Colorado - Edge: South

Looks pretty even to me.

I'd go check Sagarin's ratings but the dude is higher than Rob Ford.
  • LawDawg1LawDawg1 Member Posts: 3,825
    edited November 2013

The PAC North looked totally dominate at the beginning of the season. Then:

* ASU bent the huskies over backwards and fucked them like the Autzen Rapist. Later UCLA entered the gaping hole. Myles Jack, Hundley and Zumwalt looked impressive as each took turns pounding UW like a dirty hoe.
    * Stanford lost to Utah and an energized USC.
    * Oregon looks dreckish on the national stage, getting clownstomped by Stanford and struggles against a UCLA team that looks infinitely better than the one that played them in the PAC Championship game 2 years ago. And USC is capable of beating Oregon.

UCLA, USC and ASU are making a good case that the PAC South may be = to or greater than the PAC North.

I say yes because UW has not held up its end of the bargain. ASU (finally) did.
  • creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 23,070

I said earlier this year that the South would be a lot better over the next 3-5 years.

UCLA, USC, UA, ASU all trending up with good coaches (USC will get one for sure). Colorado should be better the next few years and Utah has been okay.

In the North its possible that UW, UO, Stanford all trend down over the next few years. Cal is terrible. WSU will get better but WSU and OSU will never be players.

Eh, I didn't share my age in the other thread, but I'm 46, and in my time I've read a million fucking times, "after development X happens, schools like Y and Z will be fucked forever." It's seldom as clean as we predict it to be.

The truth is, USC had not had a run like they had under Carroll in fucking ages ... as in, well before I was old enough to pay attention. Of course they had good teams - you don't get to 26 Rose Bowls by just outworking everyone. I get it. But the Carroll run was nothing like they'd had since McKay, and frankly McKay did it when this conference was truly dreck AND at a time when traditional powers could stockpile talent if only to keep it away from others. Can't do that anymore. So it's fair to say the Carroll era was not a reversion to the mean. It was tail end of a new bell curve with new constants.

It's about coaching, administrative support, luck and recruiting and luck and coaching and administrative support and recruiting. There is nothing that is going to be added to the water supply such that USC will necessarily rule the conference year in and year out like they did under Pete. He was lightning in a bottle - and if you don't believe my theory on needing some luck, go back and look at the names USC wanted before SETTLING for Pete. Go ahead and look.

I don't think Oregon is going anywhere because they don't WANT to go anywhere. Watch how fast Helfrich gets shit canned if he doesn't produce. Their expectations are nothing like they were even 5 years ago.
  • greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,332
    edited November 2013

Stanford v USC - Push
    OS v AZ - Push

Looks pretty even to me.

So Northern Illinois isn't the third best team in the country?
  • TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680

Stanford v USC - Push
    OS v AZ - Push

Looks pretty even to me.

So Northern Illinois isn't the third best team in the country?
    His BCS ratings make more sense than his pure predictor ratings.
  • TailgaterTailgater Member Posts: 1,389
    Is a turd greater than a fart, when both smell about the same and both feel good. Geeezz!