Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

4 inches of thunder doing its thing

Comments

• Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,851
  • DeepSeaZDeepSeaZ Member Posts: 3,901
    Fan connected to an air filter
  • BaphometBaphomet Member Posts: 1,511
    edited August 2018

what is that

20" box fan blowing through a 4" thick HEPA grade filter.

Western Washington is under serious air quality alerts due to forest fires all over WA and BC.
    https://aqicn.org/map/washington/#@g/47.6501/-122.3295/10z
    As of now, most of Seattle is above 170 on this scale.

If you walk around outside, its like a scene from The Road.

This setup isn't pretty, but actually works pretty well at cleaning the air inside my house... and my 70 year old Seattle house doesn't have central AC with its own air cleaning system. I have a real HEPA air cleaner as well, but this setup moves 10x as much air.
  • RoadTripRoadTrip Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,638 Founders Club

Baphomet said:

what is that

Western Washington is under serious air quality alerts due to forest fires all over WA and BC.

This setup isn't pretty, but actually works pretty well at cleaning the air inside my house... and my 70 year old Seattle house doesn't have central AC with its own air cleaning system. I have a real HEPA air cleaner as well, but this setup moves 10x as much air.
    Can’t afford central air?
    Sounds like this needs to be added to a campaign promise.
    edited August 2018

Baphomet said:

Baphomet said:

what is that

My house isn't a good design for central air. If I wanted AC, I'd do the heatpump/splitduct combo, but those don't clean the air either.

And this house is just an investment property, hanging on to it just until this area is rezoned for Towhnouses, then this this house will be torn down and my lot will have 4-6 Townhouses on it.

In other words, fuck off.
    Can’t afford a decent house while the area this turd is in gets rezoned?
    My two ex wives got my other houses.

And it was worth it.
  • YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 34,943 Founders Club
    Baphomet said:

Baphomet said:

what is that

My house isn't a good design for central air. If I wanted AC, I'd do the heatpump/splitduct combo, but those don't clean the air either.

And this house is just an investment property, hanging on to it just until this area is rezoned for Towhnouses, then this this house will be torn down and my lot will have 4-6 Townhouses on it.

Fuck Seattle Townhouses. Ugly pieces of shit.

Baphomet said:

Baphomet said:

what is that

The cheap ones built 20 years ago in places like Greenwood are ugly.

They are building some very nice ones now though -- some fully detached (no shared walls). If you don't mind blocky square architecture and a flat roof with a deck. Pretty much the same design as most of the new hew houses here now, just less square feet and smaller yards. Perfect for a retired couple or single.

With the views my property has, I'll love the rooftop deck (except in fire season).
  • ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325
    Baphomet said:

Baphomet said:

Baphomet said:

what is that

They are building some very nice ones now though -- some fully detached (no shared walls). If you don't mind blocky square architecture and a flat roof with a deck. Pretty much the same design as most of the new hew houses here now, just less square feet and smaller yards. Perfect for a retired couple or single.

With the views my property has, I'll love the rooftop deck (except in fire season).
    Flat roof in Seattle? Seems questionable
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,474 Founders Club

Baphomet said:

Baphomet said:

Baphomet said:

what is that

Building technology has come a long way, and they aren't actually 100% flat. It's more a figure of speech. But the deck on top of the roof is flat.
  • KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,844
    Baphomet said:

Baphomet said:

Baphomet said:

Baphomet said:

what is that

Building technology has come a long way, and they aren't actually 100% flat. It's more a figure of speech. But the deck on top of the roof is flat.
    Sounds like some flat earther shit to me.
  • BennyBeaverBennyBeaver Member Posts: 13,346

Baphomet said:

Baphomet said:

Baphomet said:

what is that

Every new house in Seattle has a “flat” roof. There’s about 20 within a decent drive (golf) from my place.

Baphomet said:

Baphomet said:

Baphomet said:

what is that

Every new house in Seattle has a “flat” roof. There’s about 20 within a decent drive (golf) from my place.
    You sound poor
  • BennyBeaverBennyBeaver Member Posts: 13,346
    Kid poor. But my home value is skyrocketing!
  • PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 25,482 Swaye's Wigwam
    Just wanted to laugh at you poor fucks from each of my 15 homes in the Windermere, Highlands, Medina, Magnolia, and Yarrow Point neighborhoods.

Fucking zillow superiority guy thread.

Baphomet said:

Baphomet said:

Baphomet said:

what is that

You sound poor
    Its the current best way to fit 3 floors in the height limits of most of Seattle's SF and LR zones.

But I sometimes forget you're old, and you've probably never been to the 3rd floor of anything, unless it was on one of these:

Baphomet said:

Baphomet said:

Baphomet said:

Baphomet said:

what is that

You sound poor
    Its the current best way to fit 3 floors in the height limits of most of Seattle's SF and LR zones.

But I sometimes forget you're old, and you've probably never been to the 3rd floor of anything, unless it was on one of these:

That's the (evil) spirit