Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Pod-inspired data dump - Jimmy Lake recruiting

The TSIO Bandes pod hit on something I've thought about before regarding Jimmy Lake. He is rightfully called one of the top recruiters in the west but his actual TBS recruiting pedigree does not show someone who is consistently getting the "top-ranked guys", which speaks to his amazing ability to identify, get, and develop talent

Here's his haul with 247 rankings (although I think a couple were changed afterwards - Rapp and Love)

Sidney Jones - #104 ATH - 3*
Jojo McIntosh - #86 S - 3*
Darren Gardenhire - #71 S - 3*
Budda Baker - #6 ATH - 4*
Brandon Lewis - #99 CB - 3*
Naijel Hale - #19 CB - 4*
Jordan Miller - #70 CB - 3*
Zeke Turner - #8 JC S - 3*
Austin Joyner #24 CB - 4*
Taylor Rapp - #10 S - 4*
Kentrell Love - #117 CB - 3*
Isaiah Gilchrist - #25 CB - 4*
Byron Murphy - #14 CB - 4*
Brandon McKinney - #21 S - 4*
Keith Taylor - #27 CB - 4*
Elijah Molden - #21 CB - 4*
Dominique Hampton - #37 CB - 3*
Kyler Gordon - #12 CB - 4*
Julius Irvin - #14 S - 4*

Observations:
So Despite Lake's high level of success and reputation, hes only had 1 consensus top 100 overall, top 10 at position recruit.
Where he has been incredible is winning recruiting battles once he narrows in on his guy, especially in the last 2 years.
Of his commits, I'd say Jones, McIntosh, Baker, Miller, Rapp, and Murphy have surpassed their TBS ranking with their play on the field.
Lake is God

Comments

• dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Lake's a really good recruiter.

He's an incredible evaluator and developer.
  • GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,480
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

The TSIO Bandes pod hit on something I've thought about before regarding Jimmy Lake. He is rightfully called one of the top recruiters in the west but his actual TBS recruiting pedigree does not show someone who is consistently getting the "top-ranked guys", which speaks to his amazing ability to identify, get, and develop talent

Here's his haul with 247 rankings (although I think a couple were changed afterwards - Rapp and Love)

Taylor Rapp - #10 S - 4*

Observations:
    So Despite Lake's high level of success and reputation, hes only had 1 consensus top 100 overall, top 10 at position recruit.
    Where he has been incredible is winning recruiting battles once he narrows in on his guy, especially in the last 2 years.
    Of his commits, I'd say Jones, McIntosh, Baker, Miller, Rapp, and Murphy have surpassed their TBS ranking with their play on the field.
    Lake is God

That's the crux of it. Of JLKG's, who has he missed on?
  • FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    edited August 2018
    dnc said:

Lake's a really good recruiter.

He's an incredible evaluator and developer.

He instantly cooled on shit ton of kids as soon as he got #yourDH
  • UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,093
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited August 2018

Taylor Rapp - #10 S - 4*

Observations:
    Lake is God

I think that's it though and that's if you consider a "miss".
  • FremontTrollFremontTroll Member Posts: 4,701
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

Taylor Rapp - #10 S - 4*

Observations:
    Lake is God

I think Grundle meant who has he been beaten for?

Last year Irvin, Hampton, and Gordon were pretty clearly the top 3 guys on his board.

This year its not clear to me who Lake wants as his 4th guy but pretty clearly Spam Chancellor, AlopeciaDawg, and Fabiculananana were in the top 4-5.

Anyone have that picture of the big board saved?
  • UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,093
    Swaye's Wigwam

Taylor Rapp - #10 S - 4*

Observations:
    Lake is God

Last year Irvin, Hampton, and Gordon were pretty clearly the top 3 guys on his board.

This year its not clear to me who Lake wants as his 4th guy but pretty clearly Spam Chancellor, AlopeciaDawg, and Fabiculananana were in the top 4-5.

It's true that he didn't get beat out for Love but then that means that it's a mark against his evaluation skills. *shrug whatever though.

I don't think it's emphasized enough what a coup it was for this staff to retain him and promote him.

Taylor Rapp - #10 S - 4*

Observations:
    Lake is God

Yeah, that's what I was axeing about.

With KLove, I think he got hit with that young male schizophrenia. Shit happens.
    Klove got into fight and got shipped if the team. Shame, would have made a great safety
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

Taylor Rapp - #10 S - 4*

Observations:
    Lake is God

With KLove, I think he got hit with that young male schizophrenia. Shit happens.
    Klove got into fight and got shipped if the team. Shame, would have made a great safety
    ESLPOTD
  • GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,480
    Standard Supporter

Taylor Rapp - #10 S - 4*

Observations:
    Lake is God

Fight? Was that reported or you been working the phones?
    Someone posted a link to a court records