Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

At what point do we worry about Gaines

2»

Comments

• LaZorisLaZoris Member Posts: 1,671 Standard Supporter
    Bread said:

Gaines has never played a whole season I dont know why anybody expects it all of the sudden.

Am I missing some weird satire? He has played in literally every game since he first saw action in 2015.
    Huh? He didn't play vs Colorado or ASU in 2015. WSU, Cal in 2016 and TU in 2017.
    Fuck... Wish he woulda played that game.. Want that one back.
  • longduckdonglongduckdong Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,023 Swaye's Wigwam
    HuskyJW said:

Caple's latest article when talking about Gaines..."(if healthy)"

I'm hearing 6-8 weeks from my source.
  • minion_doogminion_doog Member Posts: 1,966

I would prefer that he was practicing, but he has never missed a game.

Whoever said we need him every snap is wrong. There are no 320 pound DT's that are able to go hard every snap. They simply don't exist.

https://gohuskies.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=4891

I'm probably who you mean, that's not what I said. The point is he needs his reps
  • GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,162
    Bread said:

Gaines has never played a whole season I dont know why anybody expects it all of the sudden.

Am I missing some weird satire? He has played in literally every game since he first saw action in 2015.
    Huh? He didn't play vs Colorado or ASU in 2015. WSU, Cal in 2016 and TU in 2017.
    Per the AD, he’s played in every single game. I’ll take their records over an espn game log (or wherever else you’re getting your info from).

• creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,942

At this point in his career they're going to hold him out if he gets a paper cut. Not worried about him. He'll be ready to go. It's good that some other guys behind him are getting more reps in practice.

I'm sure Husky Nation is breathing a sigh of relief to know that you aren't worried.

#oregon4starssuck
    Fuck you fat ass. Nobody cares what you think. You're a WSU fan on a UW board.
    Sounds pretty tuff.
  • Mosster47Mosster47 Member Posts: 6,246

At this point in his career they're going to hold him out if he gets a paper cut. Not worried about him. He'll be ready to go. It's good that some other guys behind him are getting more reps in practice.

I'm sure Husky Nation is breathing a sigh of relief to know that you aren't worried.

#oregon4starssuck
    Fuck you fat ass. Nobody cares what you think. You're a WSU fan on a UW board.
    He isn't fat either.
  • HUSKYFANATICHUSKYFANATIC Member Posts: 1,651
    Is Gaines dead?
  • FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823

Whoever said we need him every snap is wrong. There are no 320 pound DT's that are able to go hard every snap. They simply don't exist.

I'm probably who you mean, that's not what I said. The point is he needs his reps
    Agree. Gaines sitting out of practice is concerning because we need him at his best.

I like Jaylen Johnson. I like Levi. I'm not really worried about either but we don't have 2-3 good 300+ pound DT's like we did the past two years.

Tuli and Taki will be good. I'm sure they are fine for an 8 win team, but we are aspiring for the playoffs. We don't have the luxury of letting guys learn on the job.
    Yup, 2017 no DT class is coming to fuck us. Hopefully pulu and bowman can provide some serviceable snaps. Tuli and Taki will probably will have to play while drako and Mosai rs
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123

Agree. Gaines sitting out of practice is concerning because we need him at his best.

I like Jaylen Johnson. I like Levi. I'm not really worried about either but we don't have 2-3 good 300+ pound DT's like we did the past two years.

Tuli and Taki will be good. I'm sure they are fine for an 8 win team, but we are aspiring for the playoffs. We don't have the luxury of letting guys learn on the job.
    Yup, 2017 no DT class is coming to fuck us. Hopefully pulu and bowman can provide some serviceable snaps. Tuli and Taki will probably will have to play while drako and Mosai rs
    Both Tuli and Taki can hopefully handle 10-20 snaps per game and hold it down. They have the ability, but getting big guys to play hard can be tough.
  • FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823

Both Tuli and Taki can hopefully handle 10-20 snaps per game and hold it down. They have the ability, but getting big guys to play hard can be tough.
    U can’t coach effort, hopefully they have it in them to be great
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

Things lazy people say
  • GladstoneGladstone Member Posts: 16,419
    that's literally the opposite of what i think he meant? you can't coach elite talent

but effort? wat
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123

Vita Vea. Example #1. A lot of big guys need to get in shape and learn to do more than just physically dominate with their size and strength.
  • SledogSledog Member Posts: 33,069 Standard Supporter
    Gaines is practicing. He's fine. They do Mott scrimmage him much.

Forthe retarded comments on him missing games or not playing a while session that is pure Bullshit!

He has 33 straight starts and 40 games under his belt. The only game he ever missed substantial time in was Pedo State. He's playing at Auburn.

• GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,485 Standard Supporter
    Sledog said:

Gaines is practicing. He's fine. They do Mott scrimmage him much.

Forthe retarded comments on him missing games or not playing a while session that is pure Bullshit!

He has 33 straight starts and 40 games under his belt. The only game he ever missed substantial time in was Pedo State. He's playing at Auburn.

Keep working those phones Sled!!!1!!1!2