Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Why does Sark's instate recruiting bleaux?

Is there an actual story to this, or is it just multi-dimensional ineptitude?

Comments

• I'm hearing he is rubbing people the wrong way.
  • PassionPassion Member Posts: 4,622
    From what I've heard (and my gut instinct), it's two things.

1) He either neglects key recruits or has morons take over the responsibility (see Garnett and Banner); or

2) He comes off as desperate and insecure, and the kids are creeped out by it, lose respect, and bolt (see Myles Jack).

Again, just my sense.
  • sarktasticsarktastic Member Posts: 9,208
    They don't trust him and realize he is a lame duck coach with a short term contract and too few wins... Allegedly.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,453
    edited November 2013
    I don't know why my previous post didn't go through.

Anyways Sark literally proposed to a recruit.

http://www.the-mainboard.com/index.php?threads/steve-sarkisian.80252/
  • CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,130 Founders Club
    I've heard through 2nd hand sources that Sark thinks Cali (I like to say Cali, it's what I like to do) high school players are better than Washington State high school players and would rather get guys from Cali.
  • digitsdigits Member Posts: 1,502

I've heard through 2nd hand sources that Sark thinks Cali (I like to say Cali, it's what I like to do) high school players are better than Washington State high school players and would rather get guys from Cali.

• HeretoBeatmyChestHeretoBeatmyChest Member Posts: 4,295
    In 2011 Sark alienated local recruits and high school coaches with his antics after it was apparent to him that they would lose Banner, Garnett and Williams. Apparently he and Nansen tried to act like hot shit & basically had an F-U attitude towards any local recruits that didn't or wouldn't commit.This is why in-state recruiting completely fell off since that recruiting season.
  • Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754
    canary in a coal mine.
  • TailgaterTailgater Member Posts: 1,389
    no_uh said:

There's been no glory in playing Husky Football these days nor has there been for at least ten years and probably more. The local kids and especially their parents are not stupid with all of the social media and their high school coaches being more in tune with what's really going on at Montlake. The few blue chip prospects depending on what positions they play have other options and it's apparent that Sark and his program don't compare well with those options. For example, Sark's offensive line coach, Cozzetto is well known in the Pacific Northwest among football folks at all levels and it's obvious that such knowledge isn't selling well to OL prospects in the Washington, Oregon, and Idaho and through the grapevine, probably neither in California. Of course, it wpould help if the Husky OL began to improve and perform well in Pac-12 play, but it hasn't and doesn't appear likely that it ever will under the current UW coaching staff. When a program isn't good or improving, the kids and those close to them looking pout for their futures know about it.

• HoustonHuskyHoustonHusky Member Posts: 5,967
    Tailgater said:

no_uh said:

There's been no glory in playing Husky Football these days nor has there been for at least ten years and probably more. The local kids and especially their parents are not stupid with all of the social media and their high school coaches being more in tune with what's really going on at Montlake. The few blue chip prospects depending on what positions they play have other options and it's apparent that Sark and his program don't compare well with those options. For example, Sark's offensive line coach, Cozzetto is well known in the Pacific Northwest among football folks at all levels and it's obvious that such knowledge isn't selling well to OL prospects in the Washington, Oregon, and Idaho and through the grapevine, probably neither in California. Of course, it wpould help if the Husky OL began to improve and perform well in Pac-12 play, but it hasn't and doesn't appear likely that it ever will under the current UW coaching staff. When a program isn't good or improving, the kids and those close to them looking pout for their futures know about it.

• creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 23,070
    Tailgater said:

no_uh said:

There's been no glory in playing Husky Football these days nor has there been for at least ten years and probably more.
    So it's a winning thing eh?

You don't say?

Fuck ... that's a clever analysis there old man. Very clever.