Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Pole on Religion (lulz)

13»

Comments

• Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Practicing or non-practicing Protestant

dnc said:

Swaye said:

Which one of the following best describes you. No write-in's fags. ATFQ

The fuck is the non-denominational, evangelical Christian option? You know, the Bible thumpers like Mars Hill and their ilk that are here to collect wealth and dodge taxes.
    hi
    What part of non-denominational don’t you understand?

Protestant IS a denomination.
    Baptists and multiple other groups which have in their scope some denominations that might disavow a common "Protestant" designation, and would rather prefer to be called, simply, "Christian".
    Clearly not your wheelhouse
  • Options
    dfleadflea Member Posts: 7,221
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Athiest
    I'm a heathen.

• Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,961
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Athiest
    dflea said:

I'm a heathen.

Atheist anglers unite!
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,749
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    dflea said:

I'm a heathen.

Me too!

I'm allowed to say that right?
  • Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,601
    Some Asian Shit (Taoist, Buddhist, RoadDawgism, etc.)

dflea said:

I'm a heathen.

Me too!

I'm allowed to say that right?
    No
  • Options
    LebamDawgLebamDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,551
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam

LebamDawg said:

I should have selected the catholic one since lutheran (I think it is mandatory for Swedes from Wisconsin) is just as screwed up

I was raised Lutheran. One of my Catholic friends growing up said, “you know, our religions are essentially the same - you however acknowledge you don’t listen to the Pope while I just pretend I listen.”

So yeah.

Shout out to my papist buddies!
    Friend of mine who is catholic says they have it best because they can do whatever they want and go to confession and start over. It's like etch-a-sketch for sinners.
  • Options
    edited August 2018
    Because I care about Der Golve as a person and #StandAgainstBulllying I'll expound on this.

Non-denominational is code for non-denominational protestant. The churches you refer to that might prefer to just go by "Christian" rather than Catholic or Orthodox are 100% protestant whether they embrace the identity or not.

Christians are either Catholic, Orthodox or Protestant - all Christians globally fall into one of these three buckets.

If they don't know what they are, they are Protestant.

Protestant isn't a denomination, it has no centralized leadership or structure. Protestants can disagree with one another about basically everything (and they do), except that they aren't Catholic or Orthodox.

There are literally hundreds of denominations under the protestant umbrella.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Athiest
    Swaye said:

Swaye said:

@GrundleStiltzkin is with me.

We! are the bulwarks against these heretics.

dnc said:

Because I care about Der Golve as a person and #StandAgainstBulllying I'll expound on this.

Non-denominational is code for non-denominational protestant. The churches you refer to that might prefer to just go by "Christian" rather than Catholic or Orthodox are 100% protestant whether they embrace the identity or not.

Christians are either Catholic, Orthodox or Protestant - all Christians globally fall into one of these three buckets.

Protestant isn't a denomination, it has no centralized leadership or structure. Protestants can disagree with one another about basically everything (and they do), except that they aren't Catholic or Orthodox.

And therein lies the problem with Protestantism- i.e., anyone can start their own Church of the Third Revelation. Mainline Protestantism is on the way out and all that will be left is born again, evangelical denominations and Catholicism. I feel bad for my Methodists, Anglicans and Calvinists.
  • Options

Swaye said:

Swaye said:

dnc said:

And therein lies the problem with Protestantism- i.e., anyone can start their own Church of the Third Revelation. Mainline Protestantism is on the way out and all that will be left is born again, evangelical denominations and Catholicism. I feel bad for my Methodists, Anglicans and Calvinists.
    Yep, protestants give us the very best and very worst* of Christianity.

*Non systemic octogenarian molestering of young boys division.
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    Practicing or non-practicing Catholic
    dnc said:

I didn’t seek the sermon, it sought me.
  • Options
    BennyBeaverBennyBeaver Member Posts: 13,333
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Satanist
    But still irregardless its a mute point. The aforementioned bible thumping, non- denominational Protestants deserved their own category in this pole. There giving the old school Ps a bad name.

I’ll kindly be fucking off now.
  • Options

But still irregardless its a mute point. The aforementioned bible thumping, non- denominational Protestants deserved their own category in this pole. There giving the old school Ps a bad name.

I’ll kindly be fucking off now.

What you’re axing for is separate options for mainline and evangelical
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,875

Swaye said:

Swaye said:

dnc said:

https://brobible.com/college/article/college-chick-breakdowns-southern-methodist-university/

The Methodists are doing fine.

• Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,443
    Swaye's Wigwam
  • Options
    phineasphineas Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,724
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Some Asian Shit (Taoist, Buddhist, RoadDawgism, etc.)
    Eventually this is what I will be
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Athiest

Race is a naughty, angry Muslim.