Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Comments

• Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    When did Eisen turn into Louis CK?
  • Options
    jhfstyle24jhfstyle24 Member Posts: 3,255
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    *Marshall Faulk question about how Faulk said Browning is the program's best next level player*

"Really in my years of coaching you always have a handful of guys that were just so focused and so driven on the football thing in terms of how their preparation would be whether it's in the season out of season fall camp whatever it is and he's one of those guys he understands a lot of football he really enjoys playing the game and so you know all that all the next-level stuff that that's that's a little bit hard for me to know you know I just know the players that we're looking for who are really good players for us that have done so much for our program and that's Jake Browning."

"So what would you attribute some of the statistical drop-off that he suffered last year?"

"Yeah I think a lot of it has to do with um you know our emphasis on offense you know we're always we always just talk about just playing to our strengths whether it's for the whole season whether it's for a game if we can't you know throw the ball like we'd like to then we're gonna run it more if we can't run the ball then we're gonna throw it more we just we're we'd love to stay balanced like most coaches would um and we kind of go from there the year before I know we threw you know a handful... quite a few touchdowns kind of in that tight red zone area and this past year we kind of selected to run the ball a little bit more and so there's always like a bunch of different reasons um and so you know I think that's what it is everybody wants to attribute it to the quarterback and he didn't play you know like he was supposed to and expectations get out of whack and all those things and it really wasn't that I think it was a it wasn't it wasn't all Jake for sure um BUT we'd like to be a little more explosive in the passing game you know for us to be able to take the next step and so we're you know we're working hard on that."

So Jake is a real lunch pail blue collar guy who'd you want to date your daughter but I'm not going to really endorse him for the NFL since he's not that level but I'm not gonna say that, and he fell off because our pass game was less good so we ran more but it wasn't all him BUT we need to be better and passing and that's on him.
  • Options
    2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Petersen is so Bill belichek mixed with @Tequilla
  • Options
    DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,468
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Damn I love Pete.
    He will pop off one day.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Doogles said:

Damn I love Pete.
    He will pop off one day.

That was a great interview. Peterman respects a guy like Eisen. There is a big difference between this interview and a Softy one.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    2001400ex said:

Petersen is so Bill belichek mixed with @Tequilla

Belichick gives zero fucks about fun or his players as human beings. They have nothing in common other than they both are good football coaches.