Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Fire one or the other

For all you Doogs who keep saying "We can't fire Sark because we might hire someone worse and be like Cal!" well basically you are admitting you have no faith in the A.D.

"Well who do you hire?" well again that is on the A.D. and if you trust the A.D. which is what that other site obviously does then that shouldn't be a problem.

So basically Doogs if your whole argument to keep Sark is "We might get someone worse" and "Who would you hire to come here?" which seems to be the new theme to keeping him(EklundFS) you are saying Woodward should be fired.

If you can't trust Woodward to hire a good football coach he should be fired. You can't brag up Woodward as someone who "gets it" then say you fear we'll hire someone bad or can't hire anyone good.

It's one or the other Doogs. Either Sark has to go or Woodward has to go! You can't hide anymore you have to pick one because you can't support keeping both any longer!

BTW, if I was running the show I'd want both to be fired.

Comments

• TheKobeStopperTheKobeStopper Member Posts: 5,959
  • Abundance.

BTW, if I was running the show I'd want both to be fired.

This is more for the Doogs like Kim, Eklund and F3 who obviously support both. The only comeback they have to keeping Sark is basically saying they don't trust Woodward.
  • MisterEmMisterEm Member Posts: 6,685
    The doogs support access and cabs that drink like a merlot.

HTH
  • MisterEm said:

The doogs support access and cabs that drink like a merlot.

HTH

That's fine but you have to pick one. The go to excuse by Eklund is "Who will come here?" and "What if we hire someone worse like Cal did?" which means they think Woodward isn't capable of making a good hire.
  • TailgaterTailgater Member Posts: 1,389
    When it's necessary to fire a head football coach, a school usually can't go far wrong by firing the AD who hired the lastest coaching firee. In my opinion, our troubles with Husky Football began when AD Mike Lude was forced into premature retirement to make an opening for the unfortunate and negligent hiring of Barbara Hedges. Up until Hedges, UW had had two excellent AD's spanning a period of service of at least 20 years and after Lude, it slowly but surely all went to shit with AD's Hedges, Turner, and now the apparently incompetent Woodward.

We desparately needed a football savvy and experienced AD after Turner was fired and Snake Oil Emmert (I believe) knew he probably could not find one of those he could ever like while giving Willingham the fraud's infamous fourth season. And so, he made his pool boy interim athletic director-in-training. During and after that disastrous 0-12 season in 2008, Snake Oil claimed that he had conducted a search for a new AD, but ultimately decided that the best candidate for the permanent AD position was his pool boy interim. Emmert's decision to make Woodward permanent AD was his parting "Fuck You"shot at all Husky Football fans and boosters before he left to fuck-up the NCAA.

So, here we sit bitching again about a Husky Football program seemingly going nowhere and grousing over how and when we'll get another new coach. This has gotten beyond so fucking boring and I sometimes wonder what all the great old AD's and head football coaches from UW's glorious past would think. They'd probably be having us run stairs and telling us to stop crying for there's no crying in football and to either show up on Saturday afternoon for the game or jump in the fucking lake! But they would also treat us to blood and guts on the gridiron and leave us smiling to come back for more the next time the Dawgs showed up for a home game.

Winning football is a simple process that always takes hard work to build and requites 100%+ commitment from our university. There are plenty of losers in collegiate football for us to see who lack that commitment and sadly, we are still looking at one that is our own alma mater or favorite school. Even with construction of new Husky Stadium, I'm afraid the UW after what they've done to Husky Football over the past 20 years might still decide again to fuck-it all and stick with Sark and Woodward just to see how many fans and boosters will continue to bitch or decide to fuck-it and just walk away. Do I find this interesting? Absolutely not........ it's disgusting!