Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Day Twelve: THE BIG TWELVE

2»

Comments

• Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes

Bless Coach Pete for giving Matt James the first two weeks of Fall camp to stake his claim to the starting RG spot. He's is such a nice guy and he loves his try-hard, undersized white guys and gave this 5th year Senior a chance to finally win a starting job but his time is up. Here comes big, beautiful, nasty RS Freshman Jaxson Kirkland bitch. I will be so happy if Kirkland wins that job. We haven't had a RG who passes the eye test since fucking Colin Porter. That position has just been a hole filled with shit for so many years. The thought of Kirkland and McGary double teaming some pour bastard makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside. It's also a real tear jerker with Jaxson now wearing his dad's old number and playing the same position at UW as him.

According to the roster Matt James is 6'5 315lbs.

Not exactly undersized.

300*
  • Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,535
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

Bless Coach Pete for giving Matt James the first two weeks of Fall camp to stake his claim to the starting RG spot. He's is such a nice guy and he loves his try-hard, undersized white guys and gave this 5th year Senior a chance to finally win a starting job but his time is up. Here comes big, beautiful, nasty RS Freshman Jaxson Kirkland bitch. I will be so happy if Kirkland wins that job. We haven't had a RG who passes the eye test since fucking Colin Porter. That position has just been a hole filled with shit for so many years. The thought of Kirkland and McGary double teaming some pour bastard makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside. It's also a real tear jerker with Jaxson now wearing his dad's old number and playing the same position at UW as him.

Not exactly undersized.

300*

point still stands
  • Options
    DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,468
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Is he even good though? Do you put him in his first game against a defensive front like that?
  • Options
    NorwegianHuskyNorwegianHusky Member Posts: 3,422
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

Not exactly undersized.

300*

point still stands
    300 lbs is a fake weight. UW usually has accurate heights and weights listed, but 300 is what most teams list any OL under 300 lbs, and James was 270 last year. If he really is 300 it's a sloppy 300. James should not play.
  • Options
    Founders Club

Not exactly undersized.

300*

point still stands
    300 lbs is a fake weight. UW usually has accurate heights and weights listed, but 300 is what most teams list any OL under 300 lbs, and James was 270 last year. If he really is 300 it's a sloppy 300. James should not play.

Thanks Pete!
  • Options
    Founders Club
    salemcoog said:

Haener is completing passes against the 2nd team, but the 2nd team is still lights out. Start him.

What could go wrong???

See Browning, Jake, Performances in Atlanta, Tempe, and Palo Alto, for more details
  • Options
    SECDAWGSECDAWG Member Posts: 5,004
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    salemcoog said:

Haener is completing passes against the 2nd team, but the 2nd team is still lights out. Start him.

From 2nd team practice squad to starting on the “road”against a top tier SEC team.

What could go wrong???

Uhhh.....dislocated medulla oblongata??

• Options
    SECDAWG said:

salemcoog said:

From 2nd team practice squad to starting on the “road”against a top tier SEC team.

What could go wrong???

Uhhh.....dislocated medulla oblongata??

how do you dislocate a brain?
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs

Tequilla said:

Browning has major challenges but there’s a MASSIVE drop off between him and Haener ...

Fuller probably is opposite Ty Jones ... but ideally he is in the slot.

Love that we’re getting to the right spot with Adams going a full practice. Will be interesting to hear how he looks on Saturday (looking forward to reading commentary there).

Henry going 9 for 9 is very promising

Based on...?
    Have you ever watched any practices?

I’m not a Browning fan by any measure but there is a big drop off between them
  • Options
    KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,750
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

Browning has major challenges but there’s a MASSIVE drop off between him and Haener ...

Love that we’re getting to the right spot with Adams going a full practice. Will be interesting to hear how he looks on Saturday (looking forward to reading commentary there).

Based on...?

Please elaborate.
  • Options
    NorwegianHuskyNorwegianHusky Member Posts: 3,422
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

Not exactly undersized.

300*

point still stands
    they didn't lie last year with 270 pounds, why lie now? does not make sense. I am all for him selling his fucking couch now. But he is truly 300 pounds, at least he is body you can throw around for the younger DL to practice against at
    Why not? I just find it hard to believe that he's suddenly exactly 300.
  • Options
    RubberfistRubberfist Member Posts: 1,373
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    salemcoog said:

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

Based on...?

Please elaborate.
    Haener is what my people would call a swink.
  • Options

Not exactly undersized.

300*

point still stands
    they didn't lie last year with 270 pounds, why lie now? does not make sense. I am all for him selling his fucking couch now. But he is truly 300 pounds, at least he is body you can throw around for the younger DL to practice against at
    Why not? I just find it hard to believe that he's suddenly exactly 300.
    They have been honest about heights and weights of their players so far. So why start laying now? I get if they have been pretty inconsistent about it