Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Rap Battle only I care bracket 1. Nas vs. 5. K-Dot

Nas is good, his debut studio album was ridiculous, blah blah blah. Easily top 5 all time IMO. 13 Grammy Nominations and (0!) wins. 2 BET hip hop wins.

https://youtu.be/qh9TIYXKSFk

https://youtu.be/hI8A14Qcv68

Kendrick Lamar IMO is a better 10's rapper and should win on that, but he won't. All in all he has been nominated for/won so many damn awards he has his own Wikipedia page just for that. 12 Grammy wins and a Pulitzer Prize, the first ever for a hip-hop musician. I would say he is the best rapper in the game right now but that's just my opinion.

https://youtu.be/C9Jq0KSBAho

https://youtu.be/aHpkq4GVB60

Rap Battle only I care bracket 1. Nas vs. 5. K-Dot 20 votes

1. Nastradamus
55%
RoadDawg55Mad_SonGladstonedncseatownfunkToddTurnerLIVESPitchfork51BaldwinIVRDRUW_Doog_BotHorrifyinglyAlluring 11 votes
5. Kendrick Lamar
45%
SwayeBennyBeaverThomasFremont2001400exDooglesDoog_de_JourNEsnake12jhfstyle24Neighbor2972 9 votes

Comments

• jhfstyle24jhfstyle24 Member Posts: 3,255
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    5. Kendrick Lamar
    Kendrick should win. He won't. Die
  • Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,538
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    1. Nastradamus
    I know like one Nas song. So thats more than KL
  • ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    5. Kendrick Lamar

Uninformed voting confirmed.
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    1. Nastradamus

Why do you hate America?
    5. Kendrick Lamar
    dnc said:

Why do you hate America?
    How much time do you got???
  • SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,044
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    5. Kendrick Lamar

5. Kendrick Lamar
    Illmatic is an all time album. But unfortunately Nas falls off quite a bit after that.
    5. Kendrick Lamar
    Swaye said:

If I had it my way Kendrick is a 1 or 2 seed for the 10s and then Kanye. I think Nas had a bigger impaxt ita just that I think Kendrick has a bigger sphere of 10's influence. The only guy in the 10's bracket imo who could beat him reasonably under that criteria is Kanye.
  • ToddTurnerLIVESToddTurnerLIVES Member Posts: 438
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Name Dropper
    1. Nastradamus
    Illmatic is a top 5 album(you could make the case for it being #1). Kendrick doesn't have even a top 20 album(I would venture to say I wouldn't even put him in my top 50). This shouldn't even be a discussion.
  • ToddTurnerLIVESToddTurnerLIVES Member Posts: 438
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Name Dropper
    1. Nastradamus

Swaye said:

If I had it my way Kendrick is a 1 or 2 seed for the 10s and then Kanye. I think Nas had a bigger impaxt ita just that I think Kendrick has a bigger sphere of 10's influence. The only guy in the 10's bracket imo who could beat him reasonably under that criteria is Kanye.
    You could make the case for Kanye being one of the greats as a producer but his rhyme schemes are terrible.
  • Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,538
    1. Nastradamus

Swaye said:

You could make the case for Kanye being one of the greats as a producer but his rhyme schemes are terrible.
    Noc

Rap isn't music!
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    Swaye's Wigwam
    1. Nastradamus

Swaye said:

I agree with this on some level. His rapping is really bad these days. He has too many good songs in the pasta though. Songwriting is more important than bars.
    5. Kendrick Lamar

Illmatic is a top 5 album(you could make the case for it being #1). Kendrick doesn't have even a top 20 album(I would venture to say I wouldn't even put him in my top 50). This shouldn't even be a discussion.

I would put M.a.a.d and Pimp in my personal top 20 easy. And it is about body of work as well. What has nas done in the 10s
    1. Nastradamus

Swaye said:

It has shit to do with what someone has done in that decade.

It's total body of work. Of rappers who had relevance in this decade, who is the best overall? Not who was the best in the decade.
    1. Nastradamus
    Nas sneaks by 11-8