Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Larry Scott's Latest Revelation

DHDDHD Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,461 Founders Club

Pac-12 decides that the sports people care about (football and basketball) are important.

In a couple of years, Larry will realize that finding a way for everyone to watch those sports is also important.

https://www.mercurynews.com/2018/08/06/p12n/

Comments

• DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,422 Founders Club
    DHD said:

Pac-12 decides that the sports people care about (football and basketball) are important.

In a couple of years, Larry will realize that finding a way for everyone to watch those sports is also important.

https://www.mercurynews.com/2018/08/06/p12n/

this is fucking incredible.
  • MeekMeek Member Posts: 7,031
    my god Larry Scott makes this shit so much more complicated than it needs to be...I read that article and I have no fucking idea what the plan is. Just feels like his team rearranges deck chairs then presents a new complicated schematic to the presidents of the universities who then say they're eager to see the results in a year or two.

Nothing about this guy's network has a fucking thing to do with football fans. Until that changes nobody will ever give a shit about it.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,512 Founders Club

Like Race Bannon's joke from the old HHB podcast, about Kent Baer walking outside in the rain, and being surprised that he got wet.

I learn a lot of things about what I said on those podcasts here
  • ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325
    More volleyball practice videos would be a step in the right direction
  • SquirtSquirt Member Posts: 485
    The responsibility for the PAC12's failures lies with the conference's athletic directors and university presidents, in my opinion. They have the sway and power to direct Larry Scott and to fire him, but they haven't fired him. We have had evidence of the PAC12's incompetence for so long that the blame should fall squarely on each school's leadership. That's the biggest problem, although Larry Scott is surely an incompetent boob who should be fired.

I mean, just look at this bit from the article:
    In 2018, however, we’ll see the beginnings of a revamped approach fueled by the campuses themselves and implemented by a new management team.

“The universities and the athletic directors have told us they want to emphasize football,” networks president Mark Shuken told the Hotline.

So we can infer that the network was always doing what the university presidents and athletic directors wanted, and only recently have they realized the error of their directive to Larry Scott. I mean, maybe Larry Scott and his hires were recommending that soccer and softball get as much air time as football. But if that's so, each school's leaders were foolish to go along with it.
  • SquirtSquirt Member Posts: 485

Like Race Bannon's joke from the old HHB podcast, about Kent Baer walking outside in the rain, and being surprised that he got wet.

I learn a lot of things about what I said on those podcasts here
    The senility is really setting in.
  • PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 43,584 Standard Supporter
    Larry Scott is either the dumbest motherfucker alive or the smartest, getting paid millions to do jack shit.

Abundance, I suppose.