Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Brock Huard thinks USC will hire Kevin Sumlin

If that happens they could go on a Pete Carroll like run. He brings up a good point how he's already produced four head coaches who are having some success so he can spot talent for coaches too.

Appears Orgeron will be retained but won't be considered for head coach.

Huskies missed their opportunity to take over when USC was down. In probably 2-3 years(still recovering from sanctions) look for USC to go on a major run.

In the meantime USC will be having good solid seasons that would get Sark a statue here.

Comments

• SpoonieLuvSpoonieLuv Member Posts: 5,451
    He makes a good point but I'm still a little skeptical because Brock is a fucking retard.
  • topdawgnctopdawgnc Member Posts: 7,838
    Kevin Sumlin would be smart to get the fuck out of College Station shortly after Johnny Football leaves.

Texas will get rid of Mack Brown ... making aTm the lil' brah again.
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,650
    Eklund or one of the DM.c guys mentioned this the other day too. I want to say he said something along the lines of $6M per. He even acknowledged its just a rumor and he doesn't believe it himself.

I do think it makes sense though. A & M is still little brother in Texas, and they have to contend with the toughest division in football. He could absolutely rule the Pac12 south.
  • Huard said he loves Southern California and has roots there. I think Sumlin given his track record and ability to recruit he would have USC at that level of dominance they are used to seeing.

With them winning it proves they weren't average like everyone said but had a shitty coach.

UW should take notice of this situation and snatch up DeRuyter or Mora.
  • priapismpriapism Member Posts: 2,063
    Sumlin is the obvious target for USC, but I foresee Tamu upping his salary and buyout very soon.
  • priapism said:

Sumlin is the obvious target for USC, but I foresee Tamu upping his salary and buyout very soon.

Sounds like USC is willing to pay 6 million a year which would be the highest salary in the nation I don't know if Tamu will match that.
  • creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 23,070

Huskies missed their opportunity to take over when USC was down

This cracks me up. Well done.

• Huskies missed their opportunity to take over when USC was down

The conference was vulnerable now, case in point Stanford who has never been good going to three straight BCS games.

When USC hires a real coach even if UW hits a home run hire it won't fucking matter as they'll never be better than USC.

The conference was vulnerable now, case in point Stanford who has never been good going to three straight BCS games.

When USC hires a real coach even if UW hits a home run hire it won't fucking matter as they'll never be better than USC.
    Jim Mora has to worry about SC

Washington has to worry about Oregon

hth
  • topdawgnc said:

hth
    Disagree. If you want to win the conference you have to worry about everyone in your conference.

As long as Sark is here worrying about Oregon is simply stupid as we are decades away.

topdawgnc said:

hth
    Disagree. If you want to win the conference you have to worry about everyone in your conference.

As long as Sark is here worrying about Oregon is simply stupid as we are decades away.
    If he can't beat Oregon he can't get to the championship game to get to SC.

And we are decades away ... hth
  • topdawgnc said:

topdawgnc said:

hth

If he can't beat Oregon he can't get to the championship game to get to SC.

And we are decades away ... hth
    I'm under the assumption in this fairy tale world we hit a home run like let's say Mora. I also think Oregon will be vulnerable next year without Marriota since their offense is now built around the pass.

I think even with this home run hire if USC has a top notch coach they will run the conference. When Oregon/Stanford are good they still have kids who are recruiting rankings in the teens.

While USC is always in the top 10 and with a legit coach they'll be top 5 if not #1. Their talent level won't be surpassed so then to beat them you need to out coach them. If they have a top notch coach it's game over. Same reason why Bama is rolling everyone in the SEC going on an unprecedented three peat something that hasn't happened since the 1930's.
  • death2ducksdeath2ducks Member Posts: 991
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,650

I was on Brock Huard's twitter and he has some strong tweets that you can read behind the lines of.

Brock Huard ‏@BrockESPN 15 Nov
    BTW, who/when was UW's last quality road win against? Was it really four years ago in LA against what turned out to be an 8-5 USC team?

Worst Possible Start for UW. Penalties and turnovers are killers on the road. Why are Hawks 5-1 on road? They don't beat themselves

@dannyoneil can you do something about your alma mater's penalties? #Inexcusable
    Reply Retweet Favorite More Expand

Brock Huard ‏@BrockESPN 12h
    WSU Road Conference Wins: 3
    WASH Road Conference Wins: 0

Brock seems the be the member of the local media with the biggest balls. I bet Damon hates him.

• dnc said:

I was on Brock Huard's twitter and he has some strong tweets that you can read behind the lines of.

BTW, who/when was UW's last quality road win against? Was it really four years ago in LA against what turned out to be an 8-5 USC team?

Worst Possible Start for UW. Penalties and turnovers are killers on the road. Why are Hawks 5-1 on road? They don't beat themselves

@dannyoneil can you do something about your alma mater's penalties? #Inexcusable
    Reply Retweet Favorite More Expand

Brock Huard ‏@BrockESPN 12h
    WSU Road Conference Wins: 3
    WASH Road Conference Wins: 0

Brock seems the be the member of the local media with the biggest balls. I bet Damon hates him.

That's because Brock is the only one who has talent so he can get national gigs. Guys like Softy, Jude, Hugh, Brewer, etc this is the best they can do and they know that.

If Brock pissed off UW he couldn't give a fuck less since he works nationally for ESPN. Just like Ed Cunningham when he used to announce UW games in the Ty years was always so critical of UW almost like he hated UW.
  • Mosster47Mosster47 Member Posts: 6,246
    Don James had nine, 2nd place finishes and eight of those were because of an LA based school.

My point is; when an LA school has a good team they usually have so much more talent than everyone else that coaching doesn't really matter.

It doesn't matter how great of a run you go on. USC will match it before, during, or after it. They are always a solid hire away from a take over.
  • Mosster47 said:

Don James had nine, 2nd place finishes and eight of those were because of an LA based school.

My point is; when an LA school has a good team they usually have so much more talent than everyone else that coaching doesn't really matter.

It doesn't matter how great of a run you go on. USC will match it before, during, or after it. They are always a solid hire away from a take over.

Which was my point throughout this thread. The conference was vulnerable because USC and UCLA were both down at once.

That won't be the case anymore.