Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Notre Dame v Ohio State in the 2014 Rose Bowl will be special

Congratulations to the Irish on winning the Pac-12.

ND > USC > STAN > OREGON
ND > ASU

Comments

• AZDuckAZDuck Member Posts: 15,381
  • TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    AZDuck said:

Fuck off

Do you want me to revisit this thread in two weeks when Notre Dame goes to the Farm and beats Stanford?

I'll do it, fucker.
    dnc said:

Notre Dame can claim a conference championship when they nut up and join a conference. Until then, FO, Dome.

They've already beaten USC and ASU. If they win at Stanford, you've got to give them the title...or at least recognize that the Pac-12 might be a shitty conference after all.
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,650
    edited November 2013

dnc said:

Notre Dame can claim a conference championship when they nut up and join a conference. Until then, FO, Dome.

They've already beaten USC and ASU. If they win at Stanford, you've got to give them the title...or at least recognize that the Pac-12 might be a shitty conference after all.
    The Pac12 dreckfest is better than every division or conference in the nation but the SEC West.

CFB is a dreckfest save for 3 or 4 SEC West teams.

And I don't see Brian Kelly winning at Stanford. Neither is Brian Kelly.

dnc said:

dnc said:

The Pac12 dreckfest is better than every division or conference in the nation but the SEC West.

The Pac-12 is 0-2 against Notre Dame and 3-2 against the B1G. Oddly enough, the Pac-12 and XII have not faced each other this year.

The computers all say the Pac-12 is #2, but 19 of its 30 OOC wins came against the MWC and FCS. Forgive my skepticism.

dnc said:

dnc said:

The Pac-12 is 0-2 against Notre Dame and 3-2 against the B1G. Oddly enough, the Pac-12 and XII have not faced each other this year.

The computers all say the Pac-12 is #2, but 19 of its 30 OOC wins came against the MWC and FCS. Forgive my skepticism.
    Are there any other conferences with more legit OOC wins? I'm too lazy to look it up.

Pretty sure the Big 12 hates Larry Scott and won't be playing us if they can help it. Someone should axe Butler Cabin.
    dnc said:

dnc said:

dnc said:

Are there any other conferences with more legit OOC wins? I'm too lazy to look it up.

Pretty sure the Big 12 hates Larry Scott and won't be playing us if they can help it. Someone should axe Butler Cabin.
    That might depend on how you define legit OOC wins. Do you want to say all BCS teams plus Notre Dame, or only BCS teams that don't suck as hard as Illinois does?
  • AZDuckAZDuck Member Posts: 15,381
    I don't disagree that the Pac kinda sucks, but its better than the Big 10(14), better than the ACC, better than the Amurrcan, and probably better (at least a push) with the Big XII (ten).
    AZDuck said:

I don't disagree that the Pac kinda sucks, but its better than the Big 10(14), better than the ACC, better than the Amurrcan, and probably better (at least a push) with the Big XII (ten).

This is totally true. It's the SEC and a collective fucking dreckfest as always. The Pac-12 is just the tallest non-SEC midget.

dnc said:

dnc said:

dnc said:

That might depend on how you define legit OOC wins. Do you want to say all BCS teams plus Notre Dame, or only BCS teams that don't suck as hard as Illinois does?
    I'll defer to you. The Crying Illini shouldn't change the calculus that much either way.

• topdawgnctopdawgnc Member Posts: 7,838
    In defense of the PAC

Notre Dame beat ASU on a neutral field

And SC at home

Just sayin'.
    dnc said:

dnc said:

dnc said:

dnc said:

I'll defer to you. The Crying Illini shouldn't change the calculus that much either way.

We'll say all BCS teams at or over .500 then (including Notre Dame):

SEC: Auburn beat WSU, Alabama beat Virginia Tech, Ole Miss beat Texas, South Carolina beat UCF
    Pac-12: ASU beat Wisconsin*, UCLA beat Nebraska, USC beat BC
    B1G: Michigan beat Notre Dame, Illinois beat Cincinnati (how the fuck did this happen?), Penn State and Northwestern both beat Syracuse
    ACC: Clemson beat Georgia (the best OOC game played this year, IMO), Pitt beat Notre Dame
    XII: Oklahoma beat Notre Dame. That's it.
    American: UCF beat Penn State
    Notre Dame: Wins over ASU, USC, Michigan State

TL, DR: Notre Dame is currently the best conference in the country after the SEC. The B1G's two wins over 5-5 Syracuse aren't enough to vault it over the Pac-12.

dnc said:

dnc said:

dnc said:

dnc said:

SEC: Auburn beat WSU, Alabama beat Virginia Tech, Ole Miss beat Texas, South Carolina beat UCF
    B1G: Michigan beat Notre Dame, Illinois beat Cincinnati (how the fuck did this happen?), Penn State and Northwestern both beat Syracuse
    ACC: Clemson beat Georgia (the best OOC game played this year, IMO), Pitt beat Notre Dame

TL, DR: Notre Dame is currently the best conference in the country after the SEC. The B1G's two wins over 5-5 Syracuse aren't enough to vault it over the Pac-12.

Interesting stuff. Should we also include all non conference losses to get a more complete picture? Not that I'm willing to do the research. I know it would put ND at 3-3 by these metrics. That's certainly still better than the Pac (2 losses to ND, 1 loss to Allburn, 1 loss to Eastern Wash off the top of my head).
    dnc said:

dnc said:

dnc said:

dnc said:

dnc said:

Interesting stuff. Should we also include all non conference losses to get a more complete picture? Not that I'm willing to do the research. I know it would put ND at 3-3 by these metrics. That's certainly still better than the Pac (2 losses to ND, 1 loss to Allburn, 1 loss to Eastern Wash off the top of my head).
    Every other conference would have a losing record following that methodology.
    SEC: 4-7
    Pac-12: 3-6
    B1G: 4-11
    ACC: 2-11
    American: 1-20 (LOL)

This is an interesting way to really figure out which conferences are actually worth a damn.

dnc said:

dnc said:

dnc said:

dnc said:

dnc said:

This is an interesting way to really figure out which conferences are actually worth a damn.
    If the AAC didn't have a BCS berth the Pac would have teh best record by this methodology.

I'm telling you, it's not as bad a conference as you think.

Or more precisely, CFB 2013 is full of midget conferences. The Pac is the second tallest midget. So we have that going for us, which is nice.
    dnc said:

dnc said:

dnc said:

dnc said:

dnc said:

dnc said:

If the AAC didn't have a BCS berth the Pac would have teh best record by this methodology.

Or more precisely, CFB 2013 is full of midget conferences. The Pac is the second tallest midget. So we have that going for us, which is nice.
    The Cock win over UCF is the best win the SEC or the Pac-12 have OOC though.

dnc said:

dnc said:

dnc said:

dnc said:

dnc said:

dnc said:

The Cock win over UCF is the best win the SEC or the Pac-12 have OOC though.
    Go Cocks!

• SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,377 Founders Club

dnc said:

PL_SS, true?!?!?!?!?!?!