Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Fun with Tweets...NYTs edition.

Comments

• Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,851

Anyone angry about those tweets also wears diapers

Say that about any other race and see what happens
    I see you don’t understand the concept of punching up vs punching down
    Don't be a dipshit. Racial invective stands on its own.
    White people will be ok, man
    What dingus comes to HH just to argue politics in the Tug? @TierbsHsotBoobs?

Football coaches always look so weird to me without hats on.
  • Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,851

I could care less about her tweets, but the double standard is becoming pretty absurd. I’m not trying to sit here and cry about the plight of white men, we? have it pretty sweet but if I wrote those tweets about any other race and was a public figure I would be fired and feathered and tarred on social media for the rest of my life as a racist. “Counter-Trolling” is not an acceptable excuse in my opinion.

Wrong. Straight black guys are now part of the problem too

http://archive.is/xGm73
  • TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,873 Standard Supporter

Thinking about it some more, I'd like to see NYT retain her. Someone needs to draw a line with this twitter-fed hysterics.
    "Yes, she has a past of making racial statements. On balance, we value her voice and want her to stay."

On balance. Oh, okay. So, how many times can I call women cunts and black guys the N-word before, on balance, it's too much?
  • greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,309

Thinking about it some more, I'd like to see NYT retain her. Someone needs to draw a line with this twitter-fed hysterics.
    "Yes, she has a past of making racial statements. On balance, we value her voice and want her to stay."

On balance. Oh, okay. So, how many times can I call women cunts and black guys the N-word before, on balance, it's too much?
    Racism isn’t ok, but reverse racism isn’t racism so it’s ok.
  • greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,309
    edited August 2018

Anyone angry about those tweets also wears diapers

Say that about any other race and see what happens
    I see you don’t understand the concept of punching up vs punching down
    Go fuck yourself with a cheese grater.
  • ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325
    Sounds like he could care less
  • 2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457
    Like I said, send her an invite. Looks like she was fan of trolling on Twitter. If she was hired by Fox news, everyone here would support her.
  • SledogSledog Member Posts: 33,087 Standard Supporter
    Odd you'd think she be pissed at the Japanese for invading her country and actually oppressing her race. Damn must have been those evil white bastard old men that freed them from Japanese oppression.
  • GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,485 Standard Supporter

I was right & first, FTR.
  • KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,844

I’m devastated. I thought white people were universally loved and respected by our peers...

For all the hate white people get, it's funny the countries created by them is where everyone wants to immigrate to
    Well duh, everyone else is peanut butter and jealous of us.
    Except for you Tommy. You and you ilk are jealous of Sweden and Canada, Germany and now Portugal. To which we? Always wonder, why don’t those that wish to force their brand of A strong state government on us here just stfu already and give it a whirl over there??

I agree with This, but this will only happen for those that fill the line on the color bar.
  • Edwin_BambinoEdwin_Bambino Member Posts: 2,943

I could care less about her tweets, but the double standard is becoming pretty absurd. I’m not trying to sit here and cry about the plight of white men, we? have it pretty sweet but if I wrote those tweets about any other race and was a public figure I would be fired and feathered and tarred on social media for the rest of my life as a racist. “Counter-Trolling” is not an acceptable excuse in my opinion.

Wrong. Straight black guys are now part of the problem too

http://archive.is/xGm73
    This isn’t getting enough play but that was an absolutely wild article.
  • GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,485 Standard Supporter
    salemcoog said:

I agree with This, but this will only happen for those that fill the line on the color bar.
    I don't know what that means, but it sounds like racist crap.

I'm glad NYT did what I suggested. One, on principle, it's the right thing to do if she brought something valuable to the table in some area. Stupid or perhaps satirical (I don't fully buy that) tweets from a few years ago shouldn't be an automatic DQ. Two, it's wildly and transparently hypocritical by NYT, and I like that being put on display.

Hopefully that hypocrisy serves to flip da script and allow for more dissenting voices to be heard at the highest levels in a journalism state.

But it won't.

salemcoog said:

I don't know what that means, but it sounds like racist crap.

I'm glad NYT did what I suggested. One, on principle, it's the right thing to do if she brought something valuable to the table in some area. Stupid or perhaps satirical (I don't fully buy that) tweets from a few years ago shouldn't be an automatic DQ. Two, it's wildly and transparently hypocritical by NYT, and I like that being put on display.

Hopefully that hypocrisy serves to flip da script and allow for more dissenting voices to be heard at the highest levels in a journalism state.

But it won't.
    Of course it won’t. It’s one thing if she was responding to someone with her shit. However most of her hit parade is original tweets. If you are the NYT, how can you keep someone like this on staff. They aren’t Breitbart or the Daily Kos on the other end. The color bar is all about filling quotas. Do you even Bruce Hornsby at all?!!