Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Height and weights updated

2»

Comments

• PassionPassion Member Posts: 4,622
    Like others, can't believe that Amandre Williams is up to 241. If he kept his initial burst and quickness, we might have hope.
  • GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,485 Standard Supporter

The ones that having me dooging my balls off:

Kyler Gordon, 6'0 189: He's filling out quicker than I expected. Already the same size as Budda was when Budda got drafted except two inches taller. Kind of an Earl Thomas body type. Love him.

And there it is.
  • chuckchuck Member, Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,938 Swaye's Wigwam
    Loving the size of the dbs. Gordon is much bigger than I realized. Taylor is a guy that tends to be forgotten a bit but I think he's as promising as anyone.

We're* not impressive at running back or linebacker. Those are the only position groups where the roster doesn't stack up in terms of underwear Olympics. I think you need three really good backs to feel good and it's possible that Lowe is #3 so I'm encouraged there. Outside lb looks a bit better with Trying and potoae being monsters and Williams finally gaimimg some weight, but it's still thin. Inside LB just sucks in my mind, and will for a couple more years.
  • NurpleNurple Member Posts: 686
    Love how our freshmen/redshirtfrosh are as big if not bigger then some of our upperclassmen
  • RealRhinoRealRhino Member Posts: 615
    chuck said:

Inside LB just sucks in my mind, and will for a couple more years.

I think MJ Tafisi will make you change your mind. I love the guy (I might be crazy but I liked him more than Kaho).
    I know we are supposed to kiss Socha's feet, but am I wrong to question the guy when we have so many receivers that seem way too light and ILBs that can't seem to get more than a biscuit past 220?

Too light.
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    RealRhino said:

I know we are supposed to kiss Socha's feet, but am I wrong to question the guy when we have so many receivers that seem way too light and ILBs that can't seem to get more than a biscuit past 220?

Too light.

I don't think you can blame Socha for the upperclassmen receiver issues.
    dnc said:

RealRhino said:

Too light.

I guess ultimately it's on the player to follow through and get it done, but don't we think the coaches share some of the burden? I mean, when we see the guys on the DL that were sluggish lose weight and the guys on the OL that were pushed around gain weight, don't we think that the coaches told them what they needed to do and it got done? That Socha helped design a program for them?

So I'm seeing WRs at 171, 173, 180, 186. And I'm seeing LB weights like 217, 218, 220, 221. That's pretty small for ILB. All too small. Some coach needs to convey that message to them and make it stick.
  • dtddtd Member Posts: 4,507 Standard Supporter

The ones that having me dooging my balls off:

Austin Joyner, 5'11 200: Solid 10 pound gain. Would not want to be tackled by this stocky fucker.

I wood.

Victor Curne, 6'3 319: I can't take it anymore. So much good looking young beef.

BRB, JO

• chuckchuck Member, Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,938 Swaye's Wigwam
    RealRhino said:

chuck said:

Inside LB just sucks in my mind, and will for a couple more years.

I think MJ Tafisi will make you change your mind. I love the guy (I might be crazy but I liked him more than Kaho).
    I'm glad you said so. I have a feeling on him too. He was underrated.
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    RealRhino said:

dnc said:

RealRhino said:

Too light.

I guess ultimately it's on the player to follow through and get it done, but don't we think the coaches share some of the burden? I mean, when we see the guys on the DL that were sluggish lose weight and the guys on the OL that were pushed around gain weight, don't we think that the coaches told them what they needed to do and it got done? That Socha helped design a program for them?

So I'm seeing WRs at 171, 173, 180, 186. And I'm seeing LB weights like 217, 218, 220, 221. That's pretty small for ILB. All too small. Some coach needs to convey that message to them and make it stick.
    I'm just saying we recruited a series of midgets at WR, I think there's only so much Socha can do with them. Given his success at virtually every other position I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt here. If he struggles to put any muscle on Spiker and Osbourne I'll be more concerned.

As far as LB, I haven't followed the guys at the position after Bierria and Victor well enough to really comment. You may be onto something there.