Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Replacement for Meyer

dOgmasterdOgmaster Member Posts: 561
First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
Here is my list of who i think ohio st will be going after. In no specific order:

Peterman-runs a clean program, has a good staff, excellent game coach, and he’s proven he is willing to listen to the right offer.

Shaw-also runs a clean program, and is a goid coach.

Herman-prior coach at osu, knows the admin staff, shown he can recruit. But not much history to guage if he is a good head coach.

Wittingham-runs a clean program as well, great coach. Could get him cheap.

As i go through the conferences looking at who they could go after this is the best i could come up with.

Comments

• Options
    While i agree that Cristobal will be a great coach, not enough body of work showing good results to get that job. Same reason Nebraska didn’t hire Frost when they got Riley.

Also, I have read on message board somewhere that Cristobal’s head coaching record is not that great. But i think it will get better with Oregon.
  • Options
    SourcesSources Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,808
    Swaye's Wigwam
    dOgmaster said:

While i agree that Cristobal will be a great coach, not enough body of work showing good results to get that job. Same reason Nebraska didn’t hire Frost when they got Riley.

Also, I have read on message board somewhere that Cristobal’s head coaching record is not that great. But i think it will get better with Oregon.

Hard for it to get worse with that Charmin soft schedule.
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,749
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    Please let it be Bo Pelini. Please.
  • Options
    BlastDoorBlastDoor Member Posts: 711
    Do you think Ohio State gives a fuck if their coach runs a clean program?
  • Options
    SyphilisButterSyphilisButter Member Posts: 221
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment Photogenic

Please let it be Bo Pelini. Please.

LMAO. Didn't think about that. Hilarious and permanent popcorn.gif
  • Options
    SyphilisButterSyphilisButter Member Posts: 221
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment Photogenic
    dOgmaster said:

Frost and Cristobal both cut their teeth coaching G5 Florida schools. No tradition but access to a plethora of talent as UF/FSU/UM/UGA scraps are better than most other regions top players. Frost had the tougher situation though, taking over an 0-12 program.

How did both coaches fare?
  • Options

dOgmaster said:

Frost and Cristobal both cut their teeth coaching G5 Florida schools. No tradition but access to a plethora of talent as UF/FSU/UM/UGA scraps are better than most other regions top players. Frost had the tougher situation though, taking over an 0-12 program.

How did both coaches fare?
    Did you do your research before poasting this?
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,545
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    BlastDoor said:

Do you think Ohio State gives a fuck if their coach runs a clean program?

No

They do care about him getting caught apparently

Pussies
  • Options
    Following the possible chain of events brings up a few questions:

Who was #2 on uw’s list when they hired coach Peter?

Will he take the entire staff? I would think so as the bump in $$$ can be life changing, or just damn sweet.

Who do dog fans want? I bet they are bummed the chipper is now at ucla. I hear Mora is available and he may be cheap to get, which would leave a little something for some hookers & some blow. Maybe Wittingham. That would be a pretty nice get. Pair him with Lake as the DC, wow. Nevermind, that last one sounds like shit.
  • Options
    Mosster47Mosster47 Member Posts: 6,246
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    That would be so funny if Pete left for tOSU.
  • Options
    Mosster47Mosster47 Member Posts: 6,246
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    haie said:

Mosster47 said:

That would be so funny if Pete left for tOSU.

It would be even funnier if he did it mid season and Jimmy took over and plungered Oregon anyways.
    Not Jimmy Lake is Mora 2.0?

Noted.
  • Options

Funniest thing though is Orgun fans praying Pete leaves even though he really isnt a very good corch according to them. News flash faggitts. Pete aint going nowhere. Get used to the butt fuckings and coach firings as Pete keeps pounding that vagina like it is a fine ass Kewg vagina.

Man! This got personal quickly!
  • Options
    I clearly stared that he was ‘an excellent coach’. The point of this thread to talk about real coaching hire possibilities and i feel he would be high on osu’s list.

Ice_Holmvik just wants to be a troll. Nice try tool.