Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Oregon definitely deserves their own bored

dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
You must have missed when Oregon invented a whole new style of football. It happened during the duckade, when you and the husky brethren were guzzling bleach and lighting yourselves on fire every day just to cope. Oregon is a chameleon. We have so many helmet and uni combos at our disposal that we could wear a different get-up for every game until the year 3344, according to USA Today. UO approaches football with the same changeability. Chip Kelly's system is yesterday's news and Oregon is re-inventing itself again. Expect some smash-mouth mixed with some explosiveness to complement a completely revamped defense.

Comments

• Options
    kirkland88kirkland88 Member Posts: 28
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment Name Dropper
    The fact that there is an Oregon section on this board is a testament to the insecurity of the UW fan base. You guys can hardly have a topic on this site that does not somehow digress into how you are a more superior and sophisticated program than Oregon. Its like clock work. I'm not sure there is a more elitist and delusional fan base in the whole country. You guys sit on here stroking your keyboards, telling anyone who will listen that you're a college football blue blood, and a dominant program. When in reality, your only real accomplishment in the last 20 seasons is the 2001 Rose Bowl. The UW program was a complete dumpster fire for over half of that time period. Fast forward to the present, where most Husky fans pretend like the last 15 years of disgrace never happened. Sure, the past is the past, but every UW fan out there used 1991 and the "kind of" championship to hold themselves up during their run as being a D-I bottom dweller. @ me when your most recent bowl win is something better than the Heart of Dallas bowl against some Group of Five nobody.
  • Options

The fact that there is an Oregon section on this board is a testament to the insecurity of the UW fan base. You guys can hardly have a topic on this site that does not somehow digress into how you are a more superior and sophisticated program than Oregon. Its like clock work. I'm not sure there is a more elitist and delusional fan base in the whole country. You guys sit on here stroking your keyboards, telling anyone who will listen that you're a college football blue blood, and a dominant program. When in reality, your only real accomplishment in the last 20 seasons is the 2001 Rose Bowl. The UW program was a complete dumpster fire for over half of that time period. Fast forward to the present, where most Husky fans pretend like the last 15 years of disgrace never happened. Sure, the past is the past, but every UW fan out there used 1991 and the "kind of" championship to hold themselves up during their run as being a D-I bottom dweller. @ me when your most recent bowl win is something better than the Heart of Dallas bowl against some Group of Five nobody.

Care to expand on this?
    Based on the various comments, topics and discussions from this board, it is pretty clear that UW fans need to consistently find a reason to talk about how they are the far superior program to Oregon and the rest of the P12 for that matter.

Example: #1

Top recruit chooses Oregon

HCH conclusion: UW must have passed on him because there is no way a recruit would choose Oregon over UW. He must not have been OKG, because if he was he would have been a "Dawg"...

Most fan bases have a home team bias, but you guys have a full on clinical delusion.

• Options
    greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,278
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited July 2018
    dnc said:

I don't know, but his post was awesome and the best piece of smack I've seen in a while. Bravfuckingo

That was quite the introduction
  • Options
    greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,278
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited July 2018
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

THE BLACK SPOT
  • Options
    rodmansragerodmansrage Member Posts: 6,017
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes

Based on the various comments, topics and discussions from this board, it is pretty clear that UW fans need to consistently find a reason to talk about how they are the far superior program to Oregon and the rest of the P12 for that matter.

HCH conclusion: UW must have passed on him because there is no way a recruit would choose Oregon over UW. He must not have been OKG, because if he was he would have been a "Dawg"...

Most fan bases have a home team bias, but you guys have a full on clinical delusion.

isnt that how fandom works though?
  • Options
    UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,206
    Swaye's Wigwam
    With all of the quooks spilling over from eDuck @DerekJohnson should be able to capture all 15-20 of their regular contributors.
  • Options
    UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,206
    Swaye's Wigwam
    dnc said:

You must have missed when Oregon invented a whole new style of football. It happened during the duckade, when you and the husky brethren were guzzling bleach and lighting yourselves on fire every day just to cope. Oregon is a chameleon. We have so many helmet and uni combos at our disposal that we could wear a different get-up for every game until the year 3344, according to USA Today. UO approaches football with the same changeability. Chip Kelly's system is yesterday's news and Oregon is re-inventing itself again. Expect some smash-mouth mixed with some explosiveness to complement a completely revamped defense.

OBK getting to pumpy-esque levels of copypasta in a hurry.
  • Options

it is, but not in an obsessive and compulsive manner. Sometimes its like UW doesn't even have a football team and this is just a place to talk about Oregon...
  • Options

it is, but not in an obsessive and compulsive manner. Sometimes its like UW doesn't even have a football team and this is just a place to talk about Oregon...

This would be a perfect example of my point.
  • Options

Be a patriot and respect the Olympian. :D
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,258
    Swaye's Wigwam

Care to expand on this?

How so?
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

Hi Harv!!