Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

How different would the Petersen era look...

GladstoneGladstone Member Posts: 16,419
How different would the Petersen era look right now if in '16 Helton hadn't started Max "I ruined my life by going to USC" Browne and instead played Darnold from week 1? SC without question would then win P12 that year, not UW.

Comments

• FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    shit post, but that fucking avatar is money
  • haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 21,509 Swaye's Wigwam
    12-1

Pac 12 champions. One loss in the regular season where we played like garbage. Rapp INT and we come away with no points.

Blew everyone out that was in contention. SC was not in contention. They were like an away loss to ASU.

Suck our fat cocks
  • TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,825
    haie said:

12-1

Pac 12 champions. One loss in the regular season where we played like garbage. Rapp INT and we come away with no points.

Blew everyone out that was in contention. SC was not in contention. They were like an away loss to ASU.

Suck our fat cocks

Wrong. SC probably still loses to Alabama. They probably still lose to Stanford. The extra experience probably means SC wins at Utah instead of losing. That then puts SC as the South Champs and a rematch against UW for the P12 title.

If UW wins the game then it's still in the CFP. If they lose the game then they are probably in the Rose Bowl, play a coin flip game against Penn St and then get slaughtered by Ohio St last year in the bowl game.

My guess is that we'd have lost to SC again in the P12 title game. That'd have taken our ability to promote the CFP angle in our recruiting. It'd maybe even more importantly give more credit to Clay Helton and limit the upside of Malloe's success in Poly recruiting.

So yes, we could be in a much worse position quite easily.
  • haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 21,509 Swaye's Wigwam
    Tequilla said:

haie said:

12-1

Suck our fat cocks

Wrong. SC probably still loses to Alabama. They probably still lose to Stanford. The extra experience probably means SC wins at Utah instead of losing. That then puts SC as the South Champs and a rematch against UW for the P12 title.

If UW wins the game then it's still in the CFP. If they lose the game then they are probably in the Rose Bowl, play a coin flip game against Penn St and then get slaughtered by Ohio St last year in the bowl game.

My guess is that we'd have lost to SC again in the P12 title game. That'd have taken our ability to promote the CFP angle in our recruiting. It'd maybe even more importantly give more credit to Clay Helton and limit the upside of Malloe's success in Poly recruiting.

So yes, we could be in a much worse position quite easily.
    I in no way was commenting nor caring about SC hyothetical season starting Darnold from day 1.

You wasted a wall of words on nothing.

12-1. Pac 12 champs. I don't care about teams that couldn't even make it to the show over fucking Utah and Colorado.
  • oregonblitzkriegoregonblitzkrieg Member Posts: 15,288
    haie said:

12-1

Suck our fat cocks

" alt="" />