Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

After watching other teams all day Saturday, you realize how second tier the UW is......

.....and they are on the bottom half of that tier.

They go east of the Rockies and they would get boat raced 81% of the time.

Comments

• TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    UW would be 5th in the AAC, 6th or 7th in the XII, 6th or so in the B1G, and 6th place in the 7 team SEC West.

On the plus side, UW could probably beat out Duke for the ACC Coastal division title this year.
  • topdawgnctopdawgnc Member Posts: 7,838
    I only have to watch UW to know how second tier they really are.

I bet Michigan would whoop Sark's ass.
  • MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member Posts: 37,781

UW would be 5th in the AAC, 6th or 7th in the XII, 6th or so in the B1G, and 6th place in the 7 team SEC West.

On the plus side, UW could probably beat out Duke for the ACC Coastal division title this year.

They are 6th or 7th in there pac 12. What's your point?

My point is that the Pac-12 is roughly as good as the other conferences out there. Except for the SEC, they all suck.

I want to know who the 6 or 7 teams are who are worse.

I have Washington at 8 or 9 ...
    topdawgnc said:

I want to know who the 6 or 7 teams are who are worse.

I have Washington at 8 or 9 ...
    I've had Washington at 8 for a couple weeks now. They'll stay there. Arizona is at 9. Debating Colorado versus Utah at 10.
  • AZDuckAZDuck Member Posts: 15,381
    Utah is better than CU by a nose
    AZDuck said:

Their win over BYU is better than anything Colorado has.

AZDuck said:

Their win over BYU is better than anything Colorado has.
    Stanford agrees
  • PurpleJPurpleJ Member Posts: 37,120 Founders Club
    Utah beat a Pac-12 team. They are at 10.
    PurpleJ said:

Utah beat a Pac-12 team. They are at 10.

I see what you did there.
  • HeretoBeatmyChestHeretoBeatmyChest Member Posts: 4,295

UW is a classic front running team. They play well at home. They play well against inferior teams. They sometimes play well if the pressure isn't on (early season big games). Yet when facing adversity in-game and in-season they always wilt and perform worse than their talent suggests they should. It can all be traced back to the head coach.

Notice how UW doesn't have any big comeback wins in 7's tenure? That speaks to in-game adversity.
  • UW is a classic front running team. They play well at home. They play well against inferior teams. They sometimes play well if the pressure isn't on (early season big games). Yet when facing adversity in-game and in-season they always wilt and perform worse than their talent suggests they should. It can all be traced back to the head coach.

Notice how UW doesn't have any big comeback wins in 7's tenure? That speaks to in-game adversity.
    Look how he acts on the sidelines. When the team is winning he's all fired up and puffing his chest out like he's awesome.

When the game is behind him he starts crouching down, looks lost and frustrated. The players notice their leader has this "oh fuck here we go again" demeanor towards him.

Unlike a Rick or Carroll who were always upbeat and their teams often performed well in the 4th quarter.
  • dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326

UW is a classic front running team. They play well at home. They play well against inferior teams. They sometimes play well if the pressure isn't on (early season big games). Yet when facing adversity in-game and in-season they always wilt and perform worse than their talent suggests they should. It can all be traced back to the head coach.

Look how he acts on the sidelines. When the team is winning he's all fired up and puffing his chest out like he's awesome.

When the game is behind him he starts crouching down, looks lost and frustrated. The players notice their leader has this "oh fuck here we go again" demeanor towards him.

Unlike a Rick or Carroll who were always upbeat and their teams often performed well in the 4th quarter.
    that's part of it, another part of it was reflected by his decision to go for it on 4th and 2 from the 40, he gets desperate and panicky. And if the HC is panicking the players are going to as well.

• dhdawg said:

that's part of it, another part of it was reflected by his decision to go for it on 4th and 2 from the 40, he gets desperate and panicky. And if the HC is panicking the players are going to as well.

That was a total panic move by a fifth year head coach. When he did that shit his first year I was told "he's learning on the job he won't make that mistake again". Down only 10 with 10 minutes left on your own 40 and you call a pass play with Miles? The same kid who has hardly any snaps all year??

That screamed "I'm fucking desperate, this game is getting away from me, I don't know what to do, I don't trust my defense".